I am the OG Jeff Traylor Fanboy / Suck It, Haterz

MaybeACoordinator

As @Dr. Beeper will remind you, or would have back when he was RexKramer, I was "sweetjones" and I was last off the Charlie train and first on the Traylor train. One of the reasons I was so late in wanting to pull the trigger on Strong was continuity of the program, which Traylor would have brought to some degree, instead of the entire culture shock Herman and his Mensa boiz introduced. 

Anyway, here is my proof for you chucklefucks -- not all of you by a long shot, but some of you, and you know who you are -- who've been trying to portray me as the village idiot for the last five years.

image.thumb.png.41241ee8418c122357459b8a556b0bbc.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As @Dr. Beeper will remind you, or would have back when he was RexKramer, I was "sweetjones" and I was last off the Charlie train and first on the Traylor train. One of the reasons I was so late in wanting to pull the trigger on Strong was continuity of the program, which Traylor would have brought to some degree, instead of the entire culture shock Herman and his Mensa boiz introduced. 

Anyway, here is my proof for you chucklefucks -- not all of you by a long shot, but some of you, and you know who you are -- who've been trying to portray me as the village idiot for the last five years.

No need to blame anyone else. You’ve just provided all the evidence needed to prove that you are an idiot.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

What a badass!

Now I get to tell my friends, “there’s this guy on this message board and he liked Traylor, like awhile ago.”

All my friends are going to freak out and blow me just for hearing you on a message board.

Yes, I expect you to do just that, and I won't even demand residual blow jobs though by rights I am entitled. 

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trolling this board with a fact is pathetic?

I pity you. You can't pity me.

I don't know who the fuck you are but anyone who starts a thread to basically say "look at me I was right..." is a fucking douche bag loser with insecurity issues

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Smax said:

and I just noticed the post you brought back is 6 years old, that makes it even worse. This is cringe worthy

What you call cringeworthy, I declare to be visionary. 

I am betting I can dig up some truly cringeworthy Herman knobslob posts from you, but IDGAF. I was right and you were wrong. 

22 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

This.  You should have hired a banner plane. 

No. That wouldn’t move the needle at all. @MaybeACoordinator, If you were serious, you would’ve done this when the Urban deal fell through image.thumb.jpeg.3dcfa41d5ed354060bd94c8bf1e9fcb2.jpeg

12 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I like traylor as much as anyone…. For utsa.  I’d like to see him win and recruit consistently for a few more seasons before i anoint him the next big thing.  Hell, Herman had a couple wins over top teams at Houston. 

After the Urban deal fell through, I was all for bringing in Traylor. Fuck it. Good recruiter along with being a Texas high school football coaching legend. Now I really wish we did. Shit he went 7-5 in his first season as head coach at fucking UTSA. We just hired a coach who’s apparently a perennial 7 win coach. And if he keeps up this pace, he’ll be gone after next season. Good Christ Traylor, please stay at UTSA next season for our sake 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:03 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

and I was last off the Charlie train

who've been trying to portray me as the village idiot for the last five years.

If you were the last off the Charlie train you're indeed the village idiot, that speaks for itself. It became blatantly apparent in year two when Texas got punched in the mouth by TCU and ISU to a combined score of 74-7 that he wasn't ever going to pan out, but go ahead and brag about sticking with Chuck Strong to the end. He was great at USF too, wasn't he?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Chad said:

If you were the last off the Charlie train you're indeed the village idiot, that speaks for itself. It became blatantly apparent in year two when Texas got punched in the mouth by TCU and ISU to a combined score of 74-7 that he wasn't ever going to pan out, but go ahead and brag about sticking with Chuck Strong to the end. He was great at USF too, wasn't he?

There were maybe 5 of us that pointed out he was a fucking moron in year 2 and we were told by the football gurus on here we had no idea what we were talking about it and that it was painfully obvious he was tearing it down before he could build it back up. All part of the process!

This board is full of idiots. No offense to all of y’all, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There were maybe 5 of us that pointed out he was a fucking moron in year 2 and we were told by the football gurus on here we had no idea what we were talking about it and that it was painfully obvious he was tearing it down before he could build it back up. All part of the process!

I was pointing it out in season 1 which made me uncomfortable because the only other poster criticizing Strong was Rex Kramer. I don't think Rex had any issues with football coaching as much as Strong being "different" than Mack Brown.

15 minutes ago, F250 said:

I was pointing it out in season 1 which made me uncomfortable because the only other poster criticizing Strong was Rex Kramer. I don't think Rex had any issues with football coaching as much as Strong being "different" than Mack Brown.

remember his introductory press conference?

oof.

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Traylor is Tom Herman without the OC experience on a MNC team and without the top 10 wins as a HC.  UTSA has played no one.  He might be great; he might be dogshit.  

I’m willing to roll the dice. It really can’t get any worse. He might be another Chad Morris or maybe he’s a better version Malzahn. But Christ. The dude knows Texas and he probably developed some good relationships in neighboring states while at smu and Arkansas. We hired with 3 straight shitty coordinators, two of which with minimal to no fucking Texas connections. And he’d probably bring Rod Wright and Maddox with him

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It was a weird time. Most of us were pumped Mack was gone and we hired “a real football coach” who was a pretty solid recruiter. I was still on the train till the cal game in 2016. At the time, I was more patient due to the lack of depth Mack left and how well it seemed like Charlie was recruiting. In hindsight, the BYU game his first year here should’ve shown the fan base that Charlie would never be the guy 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chad said:

I was worried about Charlie during his first pc.  Looked scared

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

fixed

Off topic but I think Texas will have an easier time getting bowl eligible in the SEC than we have recently in the b12

- every team we play won't be full of Texas born players that have either hated UT their entire lives or loved UT but TeXAs DiDnT oFfEr

- dropping Tech, Baylor, TCU and rest of b12 to G5 status will improve Texas' ability to recruit in-state. Which is critical imo. The OOS recruits tend to transfer if they're not immediately playing. 

- neutralizes aggy's lone recruiting edge over us.

- Being able to sell SEC SEC SEC is a small edge over schools like Ohio State that have pillaged Texas and Austin. 

- will give Texas a better chance to land big body athletes from SEC country.

...so UT will almost definitely recruit better players.

- 8 game SEC schedule so 1 more OOC win

- Texas is just a peer in the SEC. Not a season-saving win for most coaches and Superbowl for most teams

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

What you call cringeworthy, I declare to be visionary. 

I am betting I can dig up some truly cringeworthy Herman knobslob posts from you, but IDGAF. I was right and you were wrong. 

doubt it simply because I really haven't give a fuck about this football team in several years, right or wrong about whatever the fuck this about, you're still a pathetic loser 

• Haha 1