Inks Lake and Dam

RMac5

I want to ease up the river and get close to the dam at Inks lake. We used to fish there a lot when I was young, back in the 70’s and 80’s maybe even earlier. Is there a public boat ramp somewhat close to there? Probably be in a bass boat so not to worried about rocks. I know up by the damn there are some huge rocks just below the surface. I’m not even sure if I can get up that far from down stream. Any help? Thanks!

If you stay along the left side by the other docks there is a big channel that stays deep. You can see it on the google aerial. Might be ramp access at the RV lark by the bridge, if not, the state park is the only other public ramp I know of.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Need to be on Inks. See what looks like a public ramp at Kingsland, just  don’t know if it’s possible to get up by the dam. We fished below the dam a lot when I was young, just want to revisit that area from the water. Back in the day, up by the fish hatchery, they had rental cabanas and camping spots.

Need to be on Inks. See what looks like a public ramp at Kingsland, just  don’t know if it’s possible to get up by the dam. We fished below the dam a lot when I was young, just want to revisit that area from the water. Back in the day, up by the fish hatchery, they had rental cabanas and camping spots.
You're saying Inks, but describing LBJ.

It's a pretty long boat ride, but it looks like you can get to the back side of the Inks Lake dam from this public ramp:

Lake LBJ can also be accessed via the Llano River on a one-lane concrete ramp at Kingsland Community Park off RR 2900. A boat launch fee is required at the ramp, which is operated by the Kingsland/Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce. Open year-round, it is day-use only. Call (325) 388-6211 for more information.

https://www.highlandlakesofburnetcounty.com/boat-ramps-in-burnet-county-provide-access-to-5-lakes/

• Hook 'Em 1