Law & Order: SVU... was broadcast on TV before film stores went extinct

AUS-97HORN

just happened to be flipping through channels when I ran into S1 ep 21 being broadcast on USA.

the first scene was Chris and Mariska  talking to a print photography store employee, complete with a shitload of kodac and fuji film boxes behind him, and them all thumbing through actual newly developed and printed photos.

it then moved to the opening credits where the twin tower were prominately shown.

i had to double take and think, when the fuck did this show start.... turns out it was Fall 99.  And this ep aired in May 00   Fuck man, the world hadnt even gone digitial by then

this show is OLD

L&O: SVU outlasted all the other L&Os. it is the best L&O. 

also, Mariska is big into victims' rights groups, using her celebrity to raise money and such. 

i was always entertained by how much crossover there was b/t L&O casts (all of them) and HBO's Oz. i feel like a good half dozen or more actors were in both, more if you include cameos. 

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

L&O: SVU outlasted all the other L&Os. it is the best L&O. 

also, Mariska is big into victims' rights groups, using her celebrity to raise money and such. 

i was always entertained by how much crossover there was b/t L&O casts (all of them) and HBO's Oz. i feel like a good half dozen or more actors were in both, more if you include cameos. 

Detective Munch is probably the most crossed over character of all time.

https://tommywestphall.fandom.com/wiki/John_Munch

50 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

remember when thursday night on nbc meant comedy?  it was this little thing they tried out for about 4 decades.  now it's a bunch of law and orders.

broadcast networks are the worst.

It's brilliant.  That audience they had for 4 decades got old and would have migrated to CBS/etc. for law and order stuff if NBC didn't start offering it.