Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Fuck Baylor

Surly Bevo

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Aranda is just a solid coach. Damn. 

When CDC was putting together the coaching staffs that would lead the transition to the Sec, he should have hired Aranda too. He’ll be off to greener pastures before Texas re enters the coaching market.

Cheating is cheating I guess. It’s hard for me to get worked up about any school’s text messages, particularly when the NCAA has been quoted as saying that they expect schools to break the absurdly arbitrary rules a lot.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

528 and 738, respectively, all in violation of NCAA rules.

Just an oversight, I'm sure.

The rule was changed that year.  So yeah, it was a violation, but it’s fucking laughable.  Nothing like the shit KU has gotten away with for 3 decades straight or the pipeline of Vegas “high school athletes” that went to UT that never actually went to school.  Come on man 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Today the defending National Champion Basketball team beat the #8 team on the road and the Big 12 Football Champion football team won the Sugar Bowl. All the regarded stupidity and jealousy won't change that. Texas has become aggy and Baylor is its "tu." Always some stupid excuse and Idiocracy hysterics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 3

The rule was changed that year.  So yeah, it was a violation, but it’s fucking laughable.  Nothing like the shit KU has gotten away with for 3 decades straight or the pipeline of Vegas “high school athletes” that went to UT that never actually went to school.  Come on man 

The argument is fundamentally intellectually dishonest. They’re hacks that say “rapelor” for lazy rep.

I appreciate the begrudging respect from many posters on this thread. It’s okay to hate Baylor. I hate OU for Mixon and that was like five plus years ago. But I don’t resent the current sooner players because stoops is dirty.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

Today the defending National Champion Basketball team beat the #8 team on the road and the Big 12 Football Champion football team won the Sugar Bowl. All the regarded stupidity and jealousy won't change that. Texas has become aggy and Baylor is its "tu." Always some stupid excuse and Idiocracy hysterics. 

There is not a single Texas fan jealous of Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I wish we had hired Dave Aranda.

I wanted him when we went after Herman. I don’t really know shit about shit, but liked his work at LSU. I did not know he had such a hard time speaking publicly, which idgaf, but was a bit surprised tonight.  Seems like an alright guy. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There is not a single Texas fan jealous of Baylor.

There are fans from programs across the country who are jealous of the current wave of success Baylor is experiencing in its two most high profile sports. Why wouldn’t Texas fans be among them?

I wanted him when we went after Herman. I don’t really know shit about shit, but liked his work at LSU. I did not know he had such a hard time speaking publicly, which idgaf, but was a bit surprised tonight.  Seems like an alright guy. 

He is really unpolished (almost refreshingly so). It’s gonna get old though.

Just now, Satchel said:

There are fans from programs across the country who are jealous of the current wave of success Baylor is experiencing in its two most high profile sports. Why wouldn’t Texas fans be among them?

Because it's Baylor and Texas fans know they'll never have the level of success Texas has.

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

528 and 738, respectively, all in violation of NCAA rules.

Just an oversight, I'm sure.

They were seriously thinking they were going to break Drew and the program.  They dug and dug for 4 years and that’s what they found.   Then they changed the rules a few weeks after the outcome was revealed.   Such a joke.   

EDIT forgot to quote David asking if I want to compare resumes.

sure? Keep in mind I might be a lot younger than you are.

I think Texas fans are entitled little bitches. That’s why I will never be jealous of Texas.

You’re your own worst enemy.

Texas is my second favorite team btw. I was born in brack Roberts. I spend 95% of my message board time on shaggy—you guys are infinitely funnier than the sicem guys.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

Tiger Droppings fans are calling Baylor the best athletic program in Texas. It would be hard to argue to the contrary, given Baylor’s current body of work in the sports that matter. Personally, I would argue that Baylor is currently better than any program in Louisiana as well

Edited by Satchel

Just now, Satchel said:

Tiger Droppings fans are calling Baylor the best athletic program in Texas. It would be hard to argue to the country given Baylor’s current body of work in the sports that matter. Personally, I would argue that Baylor is currently better than any program in Louisiana.

It's not close.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Tiger Droppings fans are calling Baylor the best athletic program in Texas. It would be hard to argue to the country given Baylor’s current body of work in the sports that matter. Personally, I would argue that Baylor is currently better than any program in Louisiana.

Too bad it won't last. Enjoy it while you can.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Too bad it won't last. Enjoy it while you can.

I’m not a Baylor fan.  I’m just calling it as I see it while acknowledging the cyclical nature winning and losing in college sports.

Edited by Satchel
  • Like 1

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

Dude - You're a paid troll on multiple boards. LOL you're a "lifetime" Longhorn fan. How's St. Petersburg these days?

Is that why you call me cinque?

You have me confused with someone else. I just post here and I've never been to St. Petersburg.

Who are you talking about?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

EDIT forgot to quote David asking if I want to compare resumes.

sure? Keep in mind I might be a lot younger than you are.

I think Texas fans are entitled little bitches. That’s why I will never be jealous of Texas.

You’re your own worst enemy.

Texas is my second favorite team btw. I was born in brack Roberts. I spend 95% of my message board time on shaggy—you guys are infinitely funnier than the sicem guys.

Fuck you, pussy. 

18 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

Good lord you are dense.

I’m saying as a program, how did dumping winning coaches in Mack brown and Rick Barnes work for you.

You may not have paid attention at the time, but both of those coaches had plateaued. They weren’t winning shit. 

You may not have paid attention at the time, but both of those coaches had plateaued. They weren’t winning shit. 

I certainly wasn’t paying as close attention as you guys were, but I don’t remember any losing seasons. Maybe one?

My point is that you dumped winning coaches. Maybe it hasn’t affected hiring, but if I’m a hot up-and-coming coach, and I have to choose between $5mm at Texas or $4mm at Baylor/TCU/whatever, I’m choosing the latter. You guys have the touch of death lately.
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

I certainly wasn’t paying as close attention as you guys were, but I don’t remember any losing seasons. Maybe one?

My point is that you dumped winning coaches. Maybe it hasn’t affected hiring, but if I’m a hot up-and-coming coach, and I have to choose between $5mm at Texas or $4mm at Baylor/TCU/whatever, I’m choosing the latter. You guys have the touch of death lately.

Name a coach who would choose to take a job at Baylor over Texas.