Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Fuck Baylor

Surly Bevo

7 hours ago, Horns4Horns said:

Who is the "We" you reference? The Texas Big 12 school grads that I know (esp the Tech and Coug High dudes) are pissed off  at the arrogance of us saying "WE have floated them financially for years" when pretty much all of them live in Texas and pay state and local taxes "that allows us to float them financially". I laugh but they aren't wrong. It will be interesting to see if the PUF legislation goes anywhere. Smart of them to exclude A&M from getting harmed in the potential state constitution amendment.

WE (there's that pesky word again) may have traded an additional $30mm / year in ESPN SEC TV revenue for a billion dollars in PUF damage to our school's P&L.

It's okay. WE are in the right on this. Right, Pete?

Are you retarded? Serious question. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Some bitter Baylor fans on this board. Thought they'd be happier to see us go. Instead they all sound like the angry whore ex-girlfriend you just dumped, telling you how much worse it'll be without her.

Is it the fact that the during their best decade of football (and our worst) they could only manage to go .500 against us? 

My apologies to the board for being a little bitch yesterday. Wasn't feeling well and just popped positive for Omicron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lorena Leopards said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.   You don't seem to understand that "fit" matters.  To Aranda, Baylor is a better job than Texas.  Texas fans will think that is ridiculous, but it is absolutely true *TO ARANDA*.  Aranda believes he can win at Baylor *AND* remain faithful to who he is as a person, and his philosophy 'Person over player'.  It's about CULTURE, which is a resource you can't buy but can be every bit as powerful and important as financial resources, etc.  It's why Beard will never be able to compete with Drew.  It's why Aranda was able to turn a 2-7 season into 12-2, and why UT can't seem to do that no matter who they bring in or how much money they spend.  He is not going anywhere, and he would absolutely turn down Texas, just like he did USC, Florida, Oregon, Oklahoma, LSU, and others.  

Did I miss Aranda being offered the Texas job?

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Did I miss Aranda being offered the Texas job?

You missed that it's fanfic.

All these people sit around and dream up ways to get even with us for the imagined grievances we have committed against them. It's why you can turn on any random game these days and see fat ugly chicks doing the horns down. It doesn't even matter now if the fat chicks or rape apologists are fans of teams we actually play. 

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

All these people sit around and dream up ways to get even with us for the imagined grievances we have committed against them. It's why you can turn on any random game these days and see fat ugly chicks doing the horns down. It doesn't even matter now if the fat chicks or rape apologists are fans of teams we actually play. 

Did you see the fat ugly chick in her croptop/muffintop Cincy gear throwing the double horns down in their game against Alabama?  I'm assuming she was actually a Sooner in Dallas who was just wearing Cincy gear for... reasons?  Either way, I was happy that Cincy got shit-stomped after seeing that.

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Aranda turned down a nonexistent job offer at Texas

OU's offense will be a billion times better without Riley and Caleb Williams

Texas' NIL scams are ruining college football, says the aggys who bought the best class ever

The new Big 12 will be prestigious, garner so much respect from the college football world and win 10 CFP in a row without OU and UT

Offseason fan fiction.  It's fucking stupid as fuck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There was a lot of fanfic around Aranda last year. Three of the jobs he was supposedly "offered' were pure speculation on message boards and by "journalists." When these rumors started flying, he hadn't even completed one winning season as a head coach, and a lot of schools weren't sure how his whole "rain man" persona would play long term. 

Texas was one, but I don't remember it getting much traction. I wasn't thrilled with Sark's first year, but you don't do a huge buyout half way through a coach's first season, barring some kind of scandal bigger than pole assassin. That wasn't even a scandal. It was just funny. The Texas rumors, I think, weren't from people with grievances against Texas. I think they came from a fairly small contingent of Texas fans that want to fire every Texas coach the first time they lose a game, and want to hire every coach that wins three games in a row at another school.

LSU was looking for a "NAME." Aranda may have been fifth or so on their list. Southern Cal had been negotiating with Riley for months, and I think they had an agreement in principle a month before they named him as coach. LSU rumors were obvious because he had coached there. He grew up in SoCal, so the rumors started flying about that school. The Oregon and Texas rumors, people just pulled those out of their asses. 

Aranda MIGHT move on in a couple of years, but he's very much a one foot in front of the other guy, and he's still figuring out being a head coach. He learns really fast, though. 

On 1/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, OU Sucks said:

This could be the lamest Sugar Bowl ever.

I guess you didnt watch the ceremony after where they hand over the hardware and say "one of the absolute best defense performances in SugarBowl history".  

'

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12

On 1/1/2022 at 11:17 PM, Dewey said:

Media just glosses over the Art Briles tenure and the Dave Bliss cover up. Fuck them.

uh you must have lost touch with reality if you think the media glossed over anything Art Briles or you were born just yesterday. OR could be a little butt hurt he turned the UT job down

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 13

On 1/1/2022 at 11:33 PM, Huckleberry said:

Your university helped your athletic department cover up systemic rape and to this day still covers up the full findings. Baylor should have been kicked out of the conference. Pretty sure that's what he means. 

You're just pissed because UT FB can't EVER GET IT RIGHT.  Baylor did.  You are a very small man when you cant give credit where credit HAS BEEN EARNED.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

16 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

There was a lot of fanfic around Aranda last year. Three of the jobs he was supposedly "offered' were pure speculation on message boards and by "journalists." When these rumors started flying, he hadn't even completed one winning season as a head coach, and a lot of schools weren't sure how his whole "rain man" persona would play long term. 

Texas was one, but I don't remember it getting much traction. I wasn't thrilled with Sark's first year, but you don't do a huge buyout half way through a coach's first season, barring some kind of scandal bigger than pole assassin. That wasn't even a scandal. It was just funny. The Texas rumors, I think, weren't from people with grievances against Texas. I think they came from a fairly small contingent of Texas fans that want to fire every Texas coach the first time they lose a game, and want to hire every coach that wins three games in a row at another school.

LSU was looking for a "NAME." Aranda may have been fifth or so on their list. Southern Cal had been negotiating with Riley for months, and I think they had an agreement in principle a month before they named him as coach. LSU rumors were obvious because he had coached there. He grew up in SoCal, so the rumors started flying about that school. The Oregon and Texas rumors, people just pulled those out of their asses. 

Aranda MIGHT move on in a couple of years, but he's very much a one foot in front of the other guy, and he's still figuring out being a head coach. He learns really fast, though. 

Oh he has definitely figured it out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

On 1/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

I hope the baylor fans remember that dancing is forbidden. But rape and murder? No problem. 

You must not read your bible.......they dance, they drink.  How long are you going to milk this to make yourself feel better about the failures of UT FB?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

On 1/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, Enchubben said:

I for one, am super jealous of the athletic program whose football team won 2 games last year and is 5 years past an institutional cover up of rape scandal.

You should be.......2 games last year, an administration that will make the changes needed, and 12 wins this year.  Id be jealous too.

• Fuck You 15

On 1/2/2022 at 10:47 AM, texasstrong12 said:

In the last 6 seasons post Briles-

NY6 wins-Texas 1, Baylor 1

Top 10 finishes-Texas 1, Baylor 1

Top 25 finishes-Texas 3, Baylor 2

Most Texas fans are tired of being shitty in football but framing Baylor as "having good football teams" while Texas doesn't is amusing. Outside of winning the Big 12 in one of the weakest years since it's founding there isn't much difference between either program recently. I think that's the issue most have with your posts. We recognize that Texas sucks but Baylor isn't some great program we're trying to model success after. 

Now men's basketball is a different story. They've been consistently good with Drew. 

Are you counting the final rankings for this past season?  They aren't out yet but BU is sure to be Top 10, probably Top 5.  That willl change things......TOP 10 UT-1, BU-2 OR TOP 5 UT-0, BU-1

• Fuck You 13

On 1/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, Tex Pete said:

You shut the fuck up! No one is condoning rape at Texas.

There is a HUGE difference between a rash of rapes occurring within a small community of athletes with winks and nods and cover-ups by the university (at a small school) and rapes being perpetrated by the general student population (at a large school) with none of that.

you are a fucking idiot.  IF YOU KNEW HOW TO READ AND COMPREHEND then you would know that those rapes were not made by all football players you dumb fuck.  The athletic department was used as a scapegoat, as testified under oath.  You can bitch and complain and try to make UT superior all you want but tell the truth for God's sake.  RAPE IS RAPE SO YES, BY UT KEEPING IT QUIET AND OUT OF THE MEDIA, IT IS CONDONING IT.

• Fuck You 16

And as usual the calm, insightful, funny people here from certain fan basses (aggy, Baylor, etc) prove the exception to the rule and when a honeypot thread like this exists…out come the typical brash asshats that make up the collection of ‘fans’ that got them the poor reputation in the first place. 

29 minutes ago, Homercles said:

And as usual the calm, insightful, funny people here from certain fan basses (aggy, Baylor, etc) prove the exception to the rule and when a honeypot thread like this exists…out come the typical brash asshats that make up the collection of ‘fans’ that got them the poor reputation in the first place. 

This shitass can miss me with the rape-apologetics tour.

3 hours ago, ozzie55 said:

You're just pissed because UT FB can't EVER GET IT RIGHT.  Baylor did.  You are a very small man when you cant give credit where credit HAS BEEN EARNED.

I completely believe that you think sports are the only thing that matters. In a response to a post about systemic rape and a continued coverup you respond by wanting someone you don't know to give your alma mater credit for football success. That's more than a little sick.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 hours ago, ozzie55 said:

you are a fucking idiot.  IF YOU KNEW HOW TO READ AND COMPREHEND then you would know that those rapes were not made by all football players you dumb fuck.  The athletic department was used as a scapegoat, as testified under oath.  You can bitch and complain and try to make UT superior all you want but tell the truth for God's sake.  RAPE IS RAPE SO YES, BY UT KEEPING IT QUIET AND OUT OF THE MEDIA, IT IS CONDONING IT.

Yeah, you’re not a butthurt Failor fan with a microscopic penis. 

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

This shitass can miss me with the rape-apologetics tour.

Surly has become the new BaylorFans board for football and basketball.

LEAVE. US. THE. FUCK. ALONE.  

We broke up with you.  We aren't getting back together.  We're trying to get our shit out of the house and move on. 

It'll be hilarious watching their limp dick program get all fired up to play UH and Cincinnati in a few years.  They'll all still be doing horns down because they're all a bunch of dorks. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Losing Arkansas killed the SWC. You think losing Texas is going to elevate the Big 12?

Of course it isn't going to help us to lose our two biggest brands. I do think the two major sports are going to be some of the wildest in the land with so much parity and almost every school being a conference title contender in any year. However with NIL I doubt any of us 8 were going to be national title contenders in the future even with yall.

10 hours ago, ozzie55 said:

You're just pissed because UT FB can't EVER GET IT RIGHT

Except all the MNC runs, right?  I understand, you know you’ll be left out in all but the craziest scenarios.  You’ll never get to see your FB team win it all.  I mean you will literally go to the grave having not seen them win a NC. Has to suck. 

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You Baylor guys are seriously overrating the number of fucks given about NCAA basketball outside of your little bubble.

UT signed Chris Beard to a 7yr $35M contract for a reason and that reason isn't because people are ambivalent towards NCAA basketball. Now if you mean in conference realignment then sure outside of the Big East nobody cares.

17 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

UT signed Chris Beard to a 7yr $35M contract for a reason and that reason isn't because people are ambivalent towards NCAA basketball. Now if you mean in conference realignment then sure outside of the Big East nobody cares.

Football is still king. But not being relevant in March is no dice. 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, BearSchlong said:

This is the vacuum before the torches and pitchforks come out for Coach Beard.

No problemo, amigo. All we need to do is tell the pitchfork crowd that the torches people want to take away their pitchforks, and tell the torches people that the pitchfork crowd are planning to take away their torches... they'll take care of each other and we'll be business as usual.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:58 AM, utee94 said:

Did you see the fat ugly chick in her croptop/muffintop Cincy gear throwing the double horns down in their game against Alabama?  I'm assuming she was actually a Sooner in Dallas who was just wearing Cincy gear for... reasons?  Either way, I was happy that Cincy got shit-stomped after seeing that.

I don't know, she didn't seem that fat or ugly to me, but I don't let school affiliations and team preferences guide my dick. This is a sports message board so I should probably just shut up lol