Fuck You, Jerry Jones

TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Don't understand how a Longhorn fan can be a Cowboys fan under Jerrah.  He was openly pulling against us in the '09 title game vs Bama.  That's when I quit.  Had to choose.

Tell me more. Was he in Pasadena? Or do you mean the 2009 B12CG in his stadium?

1 hour ago, Newbomb_Turk said:

That was EXACTLY the moment when it all began to go downhill.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I couldn’t disagree more. I loved Landry, but JJ got them 3 Super Bowls. It’s tough to argue against that kind of success. Downhill began when Jerry convinced himself he was a football guy and could do what Jimmy did. Fuck Jerry jones forever.

35 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jimmy would have had the 3peat I bet

Whether he was fired or not Jerry was the reason he left earlier than he would have.

This was the moment Jerry decided to fire Jimmy, IMHO. Watch him try to get Jimmy's attention twice, then turn around and walk out. 

At the moment of their biggest triumph, the seeds of the downfall were planted. 

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Since it was easy to contrast the white with the red it seemed higher since I missed the dark blue. So it looks like you're closer to the actual percentage but here it is from a photo.

ACA62F64-276B-4C66-B1FC-3C0A47A1A46F.jpeg

Pictures don't really do it justice. Nor does TV (I wouldn't think). Along with the navy, a lot depended on the section and what part of the stands you were looking at. As would be expected, the niners side of the stadium had a lot more niner fans than the Cowboys side. There were even some complete sections that looked to be about 80% niner fans. But overall, it felt to me like the niners side was maybe 40% SF fans and the end zones and Cowboys side was more like 20%. My section and the sections around me were not even 10% 49er fans. Overall I'd guess it was one third 49er fans total, which I think is pretty normal for most NFL games these days. And noise levels were very much the same. On critical downs, it was very loud for the Cowboys. It was just sort of loud-ish for SF in similar situations. Not even close to "home field advantage for SF" or over "50% niner fans" or whatever bullshit people are trying to sell.

27 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Don't understand how a Longhorn fan can be a Cowboys fan under Jerrah.  He was openly pulling against us in the '09 title game vs Bama.  That's when I quit.  Had to choose.

And  you've seen so much success from the Longhorns since you made that choice! 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And  you've seen so much success from the Longhorns since you made that choice! 

Great strawman?  I just choose not to put $ in the pocket of an arkie who hates my alma mater.  Plus he sucks the chrome off a trailer hitch.

We're all looking at the Cowboys like fans, but it is not like that anymore.  Even during the pandemic, the NFL is making ~$16 billion a year.  The owners give exactly 0 sh1ts what you think, even if you remember Roger The Dodger and Tony Dorsett, or Rob Newhouse just running through fools.   Fans don't matter anymore, just TV revenue.

Let us agree not to mention the games against the Steelers.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TOR said:

We're all looking at the Cowboys like fans, but it is not like that anymore.  Even during the pandemic, the NFL is making ~$16 billion a year.  The owners give exactly 0 sh1ts what you think, even if you remember Roger The Dodger and Tony Dorsett, or Rob Newhouse just running through fools.   Fans don't matter anymore, just TV revenue.

Let us agree not to mention the games against the Steelers.

College is turning into the same shitshow.  I've checked out for years on both.  I at least have a team I give a shit about for college but I don't give them a penny and I sure as shit wouldn't give the Bears or Cowboys and financial support.  It blows my mind how many people spend their hard earned money supporting billionaires who give absolutely zero fucks about them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I stopped following the NFL when they decided to get involved in politics.  

I did see that that the Cowboys lost yet another playoff game. 

Hopped on here to make sure this thread existed and it does!. 

It's Jerry's fault and no one else.  It's worth repeating....Jerry will have to die before the Cowboys are good again.

The Al Davis syndrome in full effect.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ravishing Rick said:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but the Houston Texans have twice as many playoff wins over the past 10 years as the Cowboys.  Pathetic.

To be fair, that's only because the Cowboys aren't allowed to play the Bengals in the first round.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, Landomatic said:

Pictures don't really do it justice. Nor does TV (I wouldn't think). Along with the navy, a lot depended on the section and what part of the stands you were looking at. As would be expected, the niners side of the stadium had a lot more niner fans than the Cowboys side. There were even some complete sections that looked to be about 80% niner fans. But overall, it felt to me like the niners side was maybe 40% SF fans and the end zones and Cowboys side was more like 20%. My section and the sections around me were not even 10% 49er fans. Overall I'd guess it was one third 49er fans total, which I think is pretty normal for most NFL games these days. And noise levels were very much the same. On critical downs, it was very loud for the Cowboys. It was just sort of loud-ish for SF in similar situations. Not even close to "home field advantage for SF" or over "50% niner fans" or whatever bullshit people are trying to sell.

Looks pretty mixed and like you changed your tune from what you claimed percentage wise before lol.   No I’d really say 38/62 overall.  Just saw a scan of the KC stadium, 99% red….     The point I said about Dallas being the biggest NFL  in stadium % of opposing fans is definitely true.  A playoff game in Dallas this weekend would have looked 70/30 at best.  Thanks Jerry….

Edited by Hook1997

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Looks pretty mixed and like you changed your tune from what you claimed percentage wise before lol.

Good lord, not this shit again. Here's what I originally said...

On 1/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, Landomatic said:

I'd say it was somewhere between 25% and 35% niner fans. There were a lot, but nowhere near majority SF fans and they didn't even come close to having a home field advantage from a noise standpoint. And as has been discussed, welcome to NFL 2022.

And here's what I said after that...

On 1/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, Landomatic said:

One third...aka 33%...aka somewhere between 25% and 35%.

A playoff game in Dallas this weekend would have looked 70/30 at best.

So, pretty much exactly what I said. I see your math skills are as shitty as your reading skills.

Just saw a scan of the KC stadium, 99% red.

I'd explain the difference between a game in Dallas and a game in Kansas fucking City to you, but you can't even read or do simple math, so it would clearly be above your head and a waste of my time.

Stay in school, kiddo.