Your favorite value spots to grab a meal?

In these troubled, historic, confusing, inflationary hungry times, what are some of your go-to spots for a good meal for a good value? Not necessarily cheap, but a great deal? A couple we've been hitting up:

Whole Foods Ramen -- $5 for the "small" that is a pretty good-sized bowl. Tasty, quick, and dirt cheap.

Tony C's on Tuesday -- Kind of expensive pizza ($20-25 for a large), but on Tuesday's they have buy-one, get one. Actually slowed down eating here because it got to be too much pizza to eat. By Thursday I was tired of it.

Any other deals, favorites you're hitting up? 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Cover 3 happy hour has $3 off all shareables. It's not quite as good as pre-pandemic since they've since pared down the menu. 

They also seem to be buying shittier food. The last two times I’ve been there it was pretty bad. Not sure if I’ll be back. I used to really like it.

One Guy From Italy in Lubbock for lunch.

$7.95 IIRC for a large calzone and a drink.  i know it's under $8.

Never fails to satisfy, and the price just stays crazy low.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

One Guy From Italy in Lubbock for lunch.

$7.95 IIRC for a large calzone and a drink.  i know it's under $8.

Never fails to satisfy, and the price just stays crazy low.

I assumed anything over $5 in Lubbock was fine dining.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

Uchi and Uchiko Sake Hour is a really good deal.

VY Steakhouse $10 all appetizer HH also great. That includes the burger and the steak frites.

Yeah - I always wind up at Uchi when I'm trying to save a few bucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Tony C's on Tuesday -- Kind of expensive pizza ($20-25 for a large), but on Tuesday's they have buy-one, get one.

Yep, better-than-decent pies for Austin.

An even less expensive joint is the "South Flo" pizza shop just inside the front door of the Hancock HEB.  $10 for a 16" pie, basically unlimited toppings for that price, and they often have $3 off.  It's actually pretty decent pizza, not my favorite crust, but the sauce is legit enough.  Pre-pandemic they included two glasses of wine or beer while you waited, per pizza.  I think that's changed to a 2-liter soda to go or some such, which sucks, but hey.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just by coincidence went to June’s All Day yesterday and their happy hour price is 25% off ALL food.  That’s a pretty tremendous discount for a date night out.  

Cenote is, across the board, pretty budget friendly for brunch.  

Taco Deli is not generally thought of as inexpensive for what you get, but their four dinner entrees with rice and beans are a very good value for the food amount and quality.  

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

Uchi and Uchiko Sake Hour is a really good deal.

VY Steakhouse $10 all appetizer HH also great. That includes the burger and the steak frites.

So I never go downtown, but have seen the VY ad on TV and been intrigued.

Also, Hula Hut has an amazing Happy Hour... or did as of about six months ago. I think $5 drinks and appetizers. Fed our family with drinks for about $20.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep, better-than-decent pies for Austin.

An even less expensive joint is the "South Flo" pizza shop just inside the front door of the Hancock HEB.  $10 for a 16" pie, basically unlimited toppings for that price, and they often have $3 off.  It's actually pretty decent pizza, not my favorite crust, but the sauce is legit enough.  Pre-pandemic they included two glasses of wine or beer while you waited, per pizza.  I think that's changed to a 2-liter soda to go or some such, which sucks, but hey.

damn, that's a good deal. only one in houston and it's in .............................................

the fucking woodlands