Presidential Rap Battle

MaybeACoordinator

41 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Jefferson, and it's not even close.

He'd have to be a ghostwriter:

John Adams wrote, "Mr. Jefferson had been now about a Year a Member of Congress, but had attended his Duty in the House but a very small part of the time and when there had never spoken in public: and during the whole Time I satt with him in Congress, I never heard him utter three Sentences together. The most of a Speech he ever made in my hearing was a gross insult on Religion, in one or two Sentences, for which I gave him immediately the Reprehension, which he richly merited."1

Witnesses said they could barely hear him at both of his inaugurals. He sent MC Meriwether Lewis out to deliver his first address to Congress. 

One of Jefferson's last addresses and his last public appearance took place at a dinner on November 5, 1824, in the unfinished Rotunda at the University of Virginia honoring the Marquis de Lafayette. Jefferson claimed he didn't have the strength or voice to deliver it. The presiding officer read it in a loud voice.15

Great writer with paralyzing stage fright...

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

John Adams wrote, "Mr. Jefferson had been now about a Year a Member of Congress, but had attended his Duty in the House but a very small part of the time and when there had never spoken in public: and during the whole Time I satt with him in Congress, I never heard him utter three Sentences together. The most of a Speech he ever made in my hearing was a gross insult on Religion, in one or two Sentences, for which I gave him immediately the Reprehension, which he richly merited."

This looks too much like a Trump tweet to be taken seriously.

• Like 1