Texas Beach Volleyball!

TrashMaster G

On 2/6/2024 at 4:50 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Most of the big girl schools start play in 2.5 weeks, we don't even have a fucking schedule yet. We're not even on LSU's schedule, looks like TCU is the only top program we'll play this season. 

That's a bit shocking because scheduling is done so late for beach, you'd think we could have scheduled some top teams.  W/o a conference tournament and if we're playing a weak schedule, we may not get an at large bid for the tourney.

On 2/8/2024 at 1:44 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We have zero chance at the tourney, the girls we have this season aren’t very good. 

I know this isn't true, but it feels like looks were a criteria. It just seems like we have an unusually good looking beach volleyball team. Especially based on that pic with the schedule where they're all wearing boots. 

On 2/8/2024 at 1:44 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We have zero chance at the tourney, the girls we have this season aren’t very good. 

Well that's unfortunate. Nationals are in Gulf Shores, which is less than an hour from me. Would've been fun to go cheer on Texas in person

Thought exercise for the group.  With UT moving to the SEC, the SEC now has 3 beach volleyball teams (LSU, USCe, UT).  If another school adds beach, that's enough for a conference as Big12 has ASU, AU, Utah and TCU. So what SEC school is most likely to add a beach team?  Originally I would have thought Florida because of all the local beach players, but I've heard rumors their indoor head coach doesn't like beach.  The Tennessee satellite schools already have two, UT-Martin and UT-Chattanooga so that would be my pick.

If the SEC doesn't have a conference, what conference does UT join?

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Wish this was streamed somewhere. Molly doesn’t crack the starting 5 lines.

spacer.png

Shit, it’s already over. 4-1 USC, only dropped the 5s. 

If Molly stayed at Texas she would have easily been in top 3 lines. I don’t blame her for wanting to challenge herself while going for another ring 

Edited by perfectchaos007

32 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Of course not. LA in your last semester with by far the best team, or IM fields with an also-ran? 

Exactly, chance for a national championship and a full season.  I hope she's able to travel with the team as an alternate even if she's not playing

On 2/9/2024 at 6:41 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Once you start to see more of the teams across the nation, you’ll realize damn near all of them are rather attractive. 18-22 year olds (almost all white) in great physical shape usually turns out well. 

The AMCC Islanders team bus was unloading just as I pulled into the Wharton Bucees last night.  This theory checks out.

• Like 1