Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Oh, look, a Trump supporter weighing in.

Sorry, I don't know the legal term is for not uphold you constitutional duty.  If Trump's actions (take your pick, plenty of options) don't rise to the level of mpeachment, I don't know what would.

Yet, Nancy, who has sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, is sitting around watching Trump and his sycophants use it as toilet paper. 

Whatever the charge is for that, she needs to be arrested and frog marched to jail with the rest of them.  She's complicit in this and needs to pay the price.

It's sad that you don't love America enough to care that it's slipping from a constitutional democracy into a fascist, authoritarian...bordering on theocratic...regime.  

Sure, except that it's not. 

You see everything as politics, it's all just a fun game for you. This has move far beyond politics for me.  I see this as a real threat to our democracy.  Certainly the biggest threat in my lifetime, so forgive me if I get pissed when those in power do nothing to stop it.

I'm getting close to deciding to vote for Trump in case they start using voting data to round up dissidents.  Which sounds ridiculous until you consider all the other things that used to sound ridiculous but are now normalized.

Ok, you can return to licking Nancy's ass now.

For your sake, after trump’s dissident roundup, I hope the concentration camps will be providing feminine toiletry items. Maybe until then, you should get into recruiting

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

For your sake, after trump’s dissident roundup, I hope the concentration camps will be providing feminine toiletry items. Maybe until then, you should get into recruiting

What a zinger... when's your next stand-up gig?

You can laugh at the hyperbole... until it isn't hyperbole anymore. We've got almost half the country cool with a guy who praises dictators, brown kids in cages, talk about rounding up homeless people, and putting a citizenship question on the census, but yeah, I'm the crazy one.

Trumpkins circa 1939...it's just a star on their clothes...what's the big deal?

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

We've got almost half the country cool with a guy who praises dictators, brown kids in cages, talk about rounding up homeless people, and putting a citizenship question on the census, but yeah, I'm the crazy one.

Big boy politics. Social media manipulation. Division of the left. Voter suppression. 

I recommend instead of buying into the division of the left narrative (which obviously is an ongoing goal of the right btw) and contemplating voting for trump that you take a breath, step back, see the big picture.

Dividing the left is classic - BLM attacking Bernie (remember when that incident on stage), Bernie bros leaving Hillary, fake twitter accounts telling black folks to not vote, the Al Franken’s travesty. The seeds of all of those movements started from the right FYI. This is not different. 

This thread jibes with how I see the path to impeachment wrt Pelosi and Dem leadership and what I've been pointing out for a good while here.  It doesn't make it any less shitty, but it's where we are, and I believe it is the best path forward when there are no good or easy routes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Big boy politics. Social media manipulation. Division of the left. Voter suppression. 

I recommend instead of buying into the division of the left narrative (which obviously is an ongoing goal of the right btw) and contemplating voting for trump that you take a breath, step back, see the big picture.

Dividing the left is classic - BLM attacking Bernie (remember when that incident on stage), Bernie bros leaving Hillary, fake twitter accounts telling black folks to not vote, the Al Franken’s travesty. The seeds of all of those movements started from the right FYI. This is not different. 

I get your point, but I'm not on the left, so my frustration isn't borne out of the inaction...or the perception of inaction...by the Dems, not any kind of media manipulation. 

I'm aligned with the Tweet in Triple's post above.  I want to see Nancy and the rest of the Dem leadership to put the Trump administration on blast every day in the main stream media and on social media.  Make sure the country knows what's happening.  Not just those of us who are deeply engaged, but everybody.  Things are so far afield from normal right now, but you wouldn't know it from listening to Nancy.

How many Trump admin officials have to ignore them before they do something.  Anything.  Lewandowski, et al, are making a mockery of the House's constitutional oversight responsibility, yet suffer zero consequences save for a few furrowed brows.   Those SOBs need to be held in contempt and jailed if need be.  I posted an article, I think yesterday, about how Trump and his minions are literally laughing at the Dems' incompetence.  As a vet it makes me angry to see what the GOP has done to this country and it would be nice if the opposition party tried opposing them for a change.

Granted, it's probably too late to oust Trump via impeachment, but I'd damn sure like to see them at least launch a PR campaign against him.

• Like 2

Right now is the darkest moment so far.  The level of corruption, perfidy, and betrayal by Trump and GOP is unraveling on an ever greater scale with no visible shift in response from House leadership.  To the extent Schiff and Nadler aren't arresting those in contempt and dropping articles of impeachment, it is giving oxygen to growing public outrage.  That is a very necessary silver lining.  Dems are getting singed for their part, no doubt, but Trump Co is going to get the brunt of the torch.  

October is going to be very difficult, but that should shift in Nov, Dec, going forward.  Schiff is giving the acting DNI a week to come in and testify or lawfully forward the whistleblower report to House Intel.  What happens there might accelerate what would otherwise happen towards the end of this year.  

Nov is when the Michael Flynn sentencing happens.  First week of November is also when the Roger Stone/Wikileaks trial starts which will bring all of the evidence to the public forefront again, including a lot of evidence that isn't yet public that stands to cut to the bone.

End of Oct into Nov is also when the appeals process should conclude on the Deutsche Bank/Capital One and Mazars (Trump accounting firm) financial records being turned over to the House.  Crimes like bank fraud, tax evasion, and money laundering, if present and exposed, will overlap and compound with the related events in Nov/Dec mentioned above.  Even dumb people understand what a tax cheat is. If it gets linked to the international flow of illicit Russian cash and laundering through Trump real estate, people will understand the 2016 election Trump/Russia relationship better.  The unfolding Rudy/Trump/Ukraine crisis to influence the 2020 election will further bring it into focus for the American public.  If we get there, as laid out above, the impeachment process and exposure of GOP complicity will be merciless.  Now and into October represent peak danger, but I'm not sure it really decreases until Trump and Mitch are gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is a two party system. That literally is how it works. There is no falseness about it. Folks are free to pretend differently

But you're framing it such that abstaining from voting is an endorsement of Trump.  It's not.  It would be an act of protest.  One party (GOP) is destroying the constitution, while the other (Dems) are standing by twiddling their thumbs instead of defending the constitution.  Two sides of the same fucking coin in my opinion.

However, if the Dems nominate Warren (or Bernie) then it shows me they want change.  If that's the case they have my vote.  If they push Biden on us the way they did Hillary, then I might choose not to vote at all.  

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

But you're framing it such that abstaining from voting is an endorsement of Trump.  It's not.  It would be an act of protest.  One party (GOP) is destroying the constitution, while the other (Dems) are standing by twiddling their thumbs instead of defending the constitution.  Two sides of the same fucking coin in my opinion.

However, if the Dems nominate Warren (or Bernie) then it shows me they want change.  If that's the case they have my vote.  If they push Biden on us the way they did Hillary, then I might choose not to vote at all.  

Your stance is completely disconnected from the politically reality of the US. It reeks of ignorance. So much so, that this is exactly the narrative that a right wing troll would push in left-leaning discussion boards. 

The US has two parties that represent two directions of the country. It always has and will into the immediate future. That is reality.

Choosing to abstain from voting against trump is absolute approval of who he is and what he is doing. There is no question about it.

Voter apathy is one thing and a big problem, but rationally deciding to not vote against trump is approval of what he has done and more importantly, it is also support for everything he will do from 2021 to 2024. 

This a two party democratic system

Aunt Nancy's not going to be happy about this...AOC Twitter game...not sure how to post Tweets so I cut and paste

"At this point, the bigger national scandal isn’t the president’s lawbreaking behavior - it is the Democratic Party’s refusal to impeach him for it."

"It is one thing for a sitting president to break the law. It’s another to let him. The integrity of our democracy isn’t threatened when a president breaks the law. It‘s threatened when we do nothing about it. The GOP’s silence & refusal to act shouldn’t be a surprise. Ours is."

Edited by DixonHur

45 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Aunt Nancy's not going to be happy about this...AOC Twitter game...not sure how to post Tweets so I cut and paste

"At this point, the bigger national scandal isn’t the president’s lawbreaking behavior - it is the Democratic Party’s refusal to impeach him for it."

"It is one thing for a sitting president to break the law. It’s another to let him. The integrity of our democracy isn’t threatened when a president breaks the law. It‘s threatened when we do nothing about it. The GOP’s silence & refusal to act shouldn’t be a surprise. Ours is."

What is the practical outcome of impeaching Donald Trump?

What is the practical outcome of impeaching Donald Trump?

Deterrence.

Setting precedent.

Maintaining credibility.

Establishing the record.

Tangential investigations that may uncover more impeachable crimes.

Exercising the process which may identify holes needing to be shored up for future. (Likely more executive privilege limitations)

Opportunity for removal (albeit slim).

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Deterrence.

Setting precedent.

Maintaining credibility.

Establishing the record.

Tangential investigations that may uncover more impeachable crimes.

Exercising the process which may identify holes needing to be shored up for future. (Likely more executive privilege limitations)

Opportunity for removal (albeit slim).

All of that is important and relevant.  It is going to happen.  This Ukraine extortion/bribery story is potentially going to consume the news cycle in October.  It also stands to validate everything underpinning the Trump campaign acts surrounding the 2016 election and Mueller report.  Same vein.  If we can make it to the end of this year, further legal revelations stemming from Flynn sentencing, Roger Stone trial, and Trump finances around possible money laundering, bank fraud, and tax evasion will be tossed on top of the Trump dumpster fire.

If anyone thinks it looks bad now, wait until 90 days from now.  Perhaps more importantly, watch what GOP Senate is saying and doing 90 days from now.  This isn't about Pelosi.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What is the practical outcome of refusing to do so as more and more crimes come to light?

Holding the House of Representatives and winning the White House. In theory, of course.

The impeachment issue is about counting noses. The votes aren't there and leadership is unwilling to whip them given how many members come from Trump districts. It's as simple as that. 

That could change. I don't think Nancy Pelosi believes the media's narrative that impeachment has a window of opportunity that closes before the election. If fact, she might already know when she's going to give Judiciary the green light.

Or she'll never approve.

We're going to find out.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is already cheating in the 2020 election and Pelosi is okay with letting him do it.  That is unacceptable. 

He is above the law as long as he is the president. I think that's absurd, but that's how DOJ sees it. The House of Representatives can only impeach him. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Excuse me, Pelosi isn’t holding him accountable like she already should have.  She is complicit.

ETA:

Basically this:

Stop spreading lies and misinformation.

Pelosi is not ok with trump’s behavior. 

That is dangerous bullshit. The right is pushing the divide the left narrative to get folks to stay home in 2020. You would make them proud.

No matter how strong your emotions get about disagreeing with Pelosi and the majority of the House, don’t lie. 

If anyone knows Hugo in real life, hit him across the back of the head, and tell him, “stop being a gop tool.”

On 9/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is already cheating in the 2020 election and Pelosi is okay with letting him do it.  That is unacceptable. 

On 9/22/2019 at 1:17 PM, GW Hayduke said:

Negged for lying and spreading misinformation

In what world is that lying and spreading misinformation? Trump IS actively cheating in the 2020 election. Trump IS using Congressionally approved funding to hold Ukraine hostage and force them to investigate his political opponent in order to receive that funding. Ukraine has been forced to withdraw troops from sovereign Ukrainian territory, conceding it to Putin and the Russian invaders. Pelosi is wringing her hands and doing nothing. 

Those are all facts. 

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

In what world is that lying and spreading misinformation? Trump IS actively cheating in the 2020 election. Trump IS using Congressionally approved funding to hold Ukraine hostage and force them to investigate his political opponent in order to receive that funding. Ukraine has been forced to withdraw troops from sovereign Ukrainian territory, conceding it to Putin and the Russian invaders. Pelosi is wringing her hands and doing nothing. 

Those are all facts. 

That is dangerous bullshit. The right is pushing the divide the left narrative to get folks to stay home in 2020. You would make them proud.

No matter how strong your emotions get about disagreeing with Pelosi and the majority of the House, don’t lie. 

28 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Stop spreading lies yourself before accusing others of it. I didn't say Pelosi was ok with Trump's behavior. Here's what I said. "Pelosi is wringing her hands and doing nothing."

In fact, I said she's upset about it and wringing her hands, but doing nothing else. Perhaps nothing else was a bit strong, but she's not effectively exercising either her bully pulpit or Speaker position to lead and do anything about it. 

You're delusional if you don't think Pelosi has been sitting on her hands. She has been completely content to let the next election decide the issue and her actions have all been consistent with that view.

If she finally is going to move on impeachment now, good, but it's a shit load easier to pass on 1st, 2nd or 3rd downs than it is to wait and throw on 4th and long. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Stop spreading lies yourself before accusing others of it. I didn't say Pelosi was ok with Trump's behavior. Here's what I said. "Pelosi is wringing her hands and doing nothing."

In fact, I said she's upset about it and wringing her hands, but doing nothing else. Perhaps nothing else was a bit strong, but she's not effectively exercising either her bully pulpit or Speaker position to lead and do anything about it. 

You're delusional if you don't think Pelosi has been sitting on her hands. She has been completely content to let the next election decide the issue and her actions have all been consistent with that view.

If she finally is going to move on impeachment now, good, but it's a shit load easier to pass on 1st, 2nd or 3rd downs than it is to wait and throw on 4th and long. 

Lulz pls read the thread before commenting. Start with the comment I was responding to. Have a good day

51 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is a really stupid, semantical argument. 

Pelosi needs to come out this week in a show of force if she wants to make a difference here.  She needs to say something to the effect of , “We are going to impeach this president and here’s why:...”

I would be lying if I said I think that’s what she is going to do.  I expect more stalling and rhetorical posturing.

• Like 1