Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Wonder if they will slow play the money angle, hit up the nra funding from Russia around peak campaign season and then push candidates to market themselves running without pac money. You can set up a huge narrative of corruption vs your candidates being clean of it. 

th?id=OIP.8dsLiwjTipghT_aOsEIx8wHaE8&w=2

Spare Me the Purity Racket

-Maureen Dowd

The progressives are the modern Puritans. The Massachusetts Bay Colony is alive and well on the Potomac and Twitter.

They eviscerate their natural allies for not being pure enough while placing all their hopes in a color-inside-the-lines lifelong Republican prosecutor appointed by Ronald Reagan.

The politics of purism makes people stupid. And nasty.

My father stayed up all night the night Truman was elected because he was so excited. I would like to stay up ’til dawn the night a Democrat wins next year because I’m so excited to see the moment when the despicable Donald Trump lumbers into a Marine helicopter and flies away for good.

But Democrats are making that dream ever more distant because they are using their time knifing one another and those who want to be on their side instead of playing it smart.

House Democrats forced Robert Mueller to testify, after he made it clear that he was spent and had nothing to add to his damning yet damnably legalistic, double-negative report, because they were hoping the hearings would jump-start howls for impeachment.

But it’s hard to get the mad blood stirring with Muellerisms like “This is outside my purview,” “I can’t get into that,” “I don’t subscribe necessarily to your — the way you analyze that,” and “I’m not going to go into the ins and outs.”

I never want to hear about the “O.L.C. opinion” again.

The Republicans were impressively craven and hypocritical. They are sticking with Trump, and no pallid reminder of his turpitude, his trellis of obstructions and his unpatriotic embrace of foreign interference in our elections, will change that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/spare-me-the-purity-racket/ar-AAEWOe0#page=2

Edited by zork

On 7/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, retread said:

If the USA survives, The Squad and their generation will be running things before long. I hope that many women are the replacements for the old, white men. Let's see how they do. Old, white guys have had their time.

Well it's for damn sure time for new blood, but it's not a man vs. woman thing, it's a progressive vs conservative thing still.

Impeachment inquiry does not equal beginning impeachment proceedings. Hell, we've been in an informal impeachment inquiry  since 1/20/18. He's not going to be found guilty by the Senate and after they double talk, obfuscate and focus on House dem missteps, absolutely no one will care that their vote is on record .

Keep bringing the dirt on dotard in the press, that's a much less restrictive environment.

Edited by Nolacycling

• 3 weeks later...

One of you CR regulars is about to need a change of underwear out of excitement, because Speaker Pelosi is the headliner in Austin next month at TTF. 

I'm very happy for all of you.  

Pelosi 2.0 is probably the worst Speaker of the House in history.  Yes, even worse than Paul Ryan.  Neither has been loyal to the country, but at least Ryan was loyal to his party. 

Pelosi could be replaced by a tree and nothing would change...well, except for better air quality in the House Chamber.

Of course Nancy is a complete failure at this point but I’m curious to see how this “don’t give a fuck” political strategy works out.  

I’d argue it’s currently helping Bernie and Liz a little because democrats paying close attention are getting to see Nancy’s corruption close up.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Of course Nancy is a complete failure at this point but I’m curious to see how this “don’t give a fuck” political strategy works out.  

I’d argue it’s currently helping Bernie and Liz a little because democrats paying close attention are getting to see Nancy’s corruption close up.  

You know every Democrat that comes out for impeachment has her blessing, right?

This is all scripted from the Speakers office.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How will impeaching Donald Trump bring the world back from the brink of destruction?

How would it not?

You're basically saying, "the house is already on fire, why bother calling the fire department?".

Like it or not, we are the leaders of the free world, how about giving the world a little confidence that we are taking the threat seriously?

How about making members of Congress state their positions on record?  

How about not normalizing this type of behavior?

How about following our own constitution?

How about just simply doing the right thing?

If none of those inspire you, then Trump has already won.

• Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

How would it not?

You're basically saying, "the house is already on fire, why bother calling the fire department?".

Like it or not, we are the leaders of the free world, how about giving the world a little confidence that we are taking the threat seriously?

Because he would still be in office.

How will impeaching Donald Trump bring the world back from the brink of destruction?

I think he’s lulling people into thinking that we don’t actually need a sane leader. The guardrails have managed to keep the train on the tracks despite him so far, so some assume that will continue. Others of us think we’re taking far too big of a risk by just keeping our fingers crossed for the next 16 months. Even if the odds of disaster are slim, they’re still there.

It also shouldn’t be overlooked that his team is gutting the bureaucracy of decades of experience, threatening the environment in ways that can’t simply be restored Jan 20, 2021, placing the economy at great risk, and weakening the judiciary for generations. Not to mention the permanent damage he’s inflicting on children at the border.

Every day matters.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because he would still be in office.

A. You don't know that

B. So what?  Impeachment is as much about optics, and signalling the the US is committed to democracy, the Constitution and the rule of law, as anything else.

C. Believe it or not, most people haven't read the Mueller report.  Getting that stuff out in the daily news cycle would be very beneficial

they're waiting on the courts for his financials. 

More than anything sex related, or making sense out of a report no one has read, showing he's a bought off mob money launderer accepting gobs of corrupt foreign cash stands to move the needle with the public and GOP Senate more than anything. Period.

Circuit court rules on Deutsche Bank and Capital One handing over Trump dealings to House this Friday.  House already has DB financials of key Russians who did business with Trump.

It takes a little time, but it stands to be worth the wait to get the most damning corrupt mob shit on Trump incorporated into articles of impeachment, then putting it on blast to kick off 2020 and the primary season.  At the rate Trump is self immolating, it will only have even broader appeal when it comes out.  Also Senate GOP better prepare to shield their pasty loins.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

They have more than enough to impeach him many times over with the evidence in the Mueller Report.  They are CHOOSING to wait on the courts.  This is a joke.

Like lurch said, everyday counts.  People are getting killed, losing their rights by the day, and there is ZERO sense of urgency or conviction from the people elected to actually do shit. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They have more than enough to impeach him many times over with the evidence in the Mueller Report.  They are CHOOSING to wait on the courts.  The is a joke.

Like lurch said, everyday counts.  People are getting killed, losing their rights by the day, and there is ZERO sense of urgency or conviction from the people elected to actually do shit. 

The outcome of the impeachment depends entirely on the nature of the impeachable offenses.  And the depth of punishment Congressional GOP receives for not convicting Trump also depends entirely the nature of the impeachable offenses.  It just does.

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just asking questions!  

“Removing dangerous madman with the nuclear codes worth the effort?”  

Find out more on News at 6PM!

51 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

How would it not?

41 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You assume. Nixon had his party’s support right up until he didn’t.

35 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

A. You don't know that

B. So what?  Impeachment is as much about optics, and signalling the the US is committed to democracy, the Constitution and the rule of law, as anything else.

C. Believe it or not, most people haven't read the Mueller report.  Getting that stuff out in the daily news cycle would be very beneficial

FYI for folks: removal of potus requires 2/3 of the senate.

This isn’t anything new.

This means that the House can’t remove a sitting president no matter what.

This means that several GOP senators would have to support removal. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They have more than enough to impeach him many times over with the evidence in the Mueller Report.  They are CHOOSING to wait on the courts.  The is a joke.

These are big items that are being normalized, meaning not punished. Taking foreign help in election, emoluments, lying before Congress, obstruction (Trump and Barr), Helsinki commnets, not addressing Russian meddling in '16, etc.

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This isn’t anything new.

Thanks for the civics lesson.  And your point is..?

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This isn’t anything new.

WE ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS 

Just because someone else isn’t going to do their job IT DOES NOT EXCUSE YOU FROM DOING YOURS.  

Pelosi’s is liable for standing there as the person that could impeach but chose not to because of some republican math. 

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW WEAK AS FUCK THAT IS?!?  

• Like 1

You and other folks here are under the impression that Pelosi is responsible for trump remaining in office.

She’s responsible for doing her job, so that others are forced to do theirs (or not, which would also be useful to see happen). She’s giving them a bye.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

WE ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS 

Just because someone else isn’t going to do their job IT DOES NOT EXCUSE YOU FROM DOING YOURS.  

Pelosi’s is liable for standing there as the person that could impeach but chose not to because of some republican math. 

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW WEAK AS FUCK THAT IS?!?  

THEN ACT LIKE YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS

Pelosi’s job is to get trump out office as quickly as possible. Impeachment would not get him out of office. 

Her job is not to get a constitutional medal. Impeachment only matters if the senate will remove or if it will help trump lose an election.

If you get your impeachment... what happens? How does that affect trump’s reelection? Where do we put these constitutional medals?

15 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Her job is to get him out of office. Her job is politik

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

This is her job...(narrator) she's not doing it.  Period.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

This is her job...(narrator) she's not doing it.  Period.

Elections have consequences. Sure it sucks that we have a clown doing clown things in the White House.

impeachment is a political process. That means reps vote and they consider how it would influence a whole range of things. Do they have enough votes to impeach? What are the political consequences if it fails? How big of win for trump would that be?  If an impeachment vote is successful, what are the political consequences of that? Would it increase or decrease probability of trump being potus until 2024? What are the political consequences toward moderate Dems trying to win an election in a red area in 2020? We all know that a successful impeachment vote would not result in removal - the only result would be political consequences. 

The game is to get the clown out of office as fast as possible and to minimize the harm he causes. The house has ongoing subpoenas, investigations, etc.  Trump is only being removed from office by losing the 2020 election or by running out his term in 2024. 

Edited by GW Hayduke