Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Not the first time. They'll probably die again.

Not a chance after those racist tweets.  This is a much more charged climate that before, and the media will be all over it.  Nancy's not in a position to hide from this one. IMO

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We'll see. He's done this twice before. Both failed.

Oh, I fully expect it to fail.  I'm just saying that it's going to force her to do something about it in a much more public way. 

And it could have major repercussions within the caucus because this time the Articles specifically mention racism.  She's not going to be able to ignore a black member of Congress on that topic without pissing off a lot of people.

hey, bad_teammate...can I villify Rep. Doug Collins and see about blocking some of his campaign donations or will that be too in line with your brilliant analysis of Bill Weld business?  You fucking imbecile.  

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Oh, I fully expect it to fail.  I'm just saying that it's going to force her to do something about it in a much more public way.  

And it could have major repercussions within the caucus because this time the Articles specifically mention racism.  She's not going to be able to ignore a black member of Congress on that topic without pissing off a lot of people.

Yes she will. She navigated around repeated calls to withdrawal from Iraq by just making negative comments about Bush without ever using her caucus to end the war. Most people will just assume she has a plan in place when in reality she ain't going to do shit. She knows how to play the game.

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Much worse than her stupid resolution, please keep in mind that Nancy is a scumbag who believes the government should be permitted to punish you for protesting apartheid.  

Ilhan Omar is probably giving Nancy Pelosi heartburn. Kudos to her for forcing Democrats to take a stance on this matter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Al Green's resolution is going nowhere.

Shocking.

At least he was able to get them on record, but once again, the Dems show themselves as the gutless saps they've always been.  They're like the kid we all knew on the playground that continuously gets bullied but refuses to punch back.  Pitiful. 

51 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

After Trump's performance tonight, I look forward to seeing how Aunt Nancy plans to capitulate yet again tomorrow. 

“We are here to focus on our “for the people” agenda which is what we were elected to do.  We are going to pass these bills to raise the minimum wage and protect healthcare for Americans despite the fact all this legislation will be DOA in Mitch McConnell’s grave yard.”

D_NWI5dWkAAeQhK.jpg

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Today is one of those days that I don't think they're going to impeach him.

They have to start the impeachment inquiry.  It might be a year from now but they can’t politically escape starting the process.  

If they don’t, it gives Trump an enormous talking point: 

“The fake Russia witch hunt hoax was obviously bullshit the entire time, otherwise they would have impeached me!”

No collusion! No obstruction!  Angry democrats! 

(Pours gasoline all over body, lights match)

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They have to start the impeachment inquiry.  It might be a year from now but they can’t politically escape starting the process.  

If they don’t, it gives Trump an enormous talking point: 

“The fake Russia witch hunt hoax was obviously bullshit the entire time, otherwise they would have impeached me!”

No collusion! No obstruction!  Angry democrats! 

(Pours gasoline all over body, lights match)

He'll have a talking point no matter what. He's already using today's vote as a talking point, so that doesn't matter.

I just have this feeling that she's not going to green light it until she has the votes and she does not have the votes yet.

I might change my mind tomorrow.

Mueller’s testimony will probably dictate their move and timing on impeachment.  

IMO they should have saved Mueller until after starting an impeachment inquiry.  His testimony would have been more influential and drawn a wider audience under the impeachment umbrella.

Just now, DixonHur said:

She's worse that the GOP.  At least they have a purely partisan reason to defend and enable him.  She's just doing it because she's either too weak, or eating at the trough too.

She honestly believes she's making the right call politically. She sees no benefit in impeaching Donald Trump and having him win in the Senate trial. She sees only downside.

Then she might want to buy some new glasses.  I don't know her line for impeachment, but if Donald hasn't crossed it yet...then we all might as well just pack up and go back to our ancestral homes.

The only way the Dems lose in 2020 is if they fail to open impeachment hearings. Period.

Their voters will feel dejected and unmotivated to vote, because what's the difference?

• Like 1

She also sees no benefit in shaping the narrative that the Senate is a bunch of corrupt shitbags that will excuse any crime Trump commits, but nonetheless the House will do their Constitutional duty and impeach the criminal currently occupying the White House. That's a winning message for Democrats, but their leadership is a bunch of risk-adverse cowards. 

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Then she might want to buy some new glasses.  I don't know her line for impeachment, but if Donald hasn't crossed it yet...then we all might as well just pack up and go back to our ancestral homes.

The only way the Dems lose in 2020 is if they fail to open impeachment hearings. Period.

Their voters will feel dejected and unmotivated to vote, because what's the difference?

The entire Democratic leadership in the House disagrees with your take on the politics of 2020. 

That's where we are.

10 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Yep. Any president in our lifetimes would have been impeached after Comey was fired imo.

If not then, they would have been imipeached the day after they got their hands on the Mueller report. Barr would have been impeached as well for his treachery.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DixonHur said:

...then we all might as well just pack up and go back to our ancestral homes.

Oh hell-- the one good catfish place in my hometown exploded already. Like, decades of grease on the kitchen walls caught fire. Revenge of the Ancient Catfish.

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The entire Democratic leadership in the House disagrees with your take on the politics of 2020. 

The dem leadership disagreed with my take in 2016 too, and you see where that got us.

3 hours ago, retread said:

If not then...

This has been a reoccurring theme... dems are constantly talking tough and drawing lines in the sand only to watch the line crossed, so they can back up, and draw a new line.  But apparently the leadership would have us believe they aren't retreating, they're just advancing to the rear. Fuck'em.

We deserve Donald J Trump...#4MoreYears

5 hours ago, retread said:

Yep. Any president in our lifetimes would have been impeached after Comey was fired imo.

If not then, they would have been imipeached the day after they got their hands on the Mueller report. Barr would have been impeached as well for his treachery.

And both men would have remained in office.

We'd be in the same place.

That's how leadership sees it. They aren't far off the mark.

I don't agree. Receiving help from the Russkies, obstructing the resultant investigation, and, as an aside, pretending that Russian interference never happened (Helsinki) would have resulted in removal of any recent president.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And both men would have remained in office.

We'd be in the same place.

That's how leadership sees it. They aren't far off the mark.

OK, DD, obviously you think the "strategy" the dem leadership is employing is the best way forward. 

Can you enlighten the rest of us...what the hell is the strategy?

Because from the outside it looks like they are just content to do nothing...which isn't really a strategy.

Edited by DixonHur

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

OK, DD, obviously you think the "strategy" the dem leadership is employing is the best way forward. 

Can you enlighten the rest of us...what the hell is the strategy?

Because from the outside it looks like they are just content to do nothing...which isn't really a strategy.

I do not think it is the best way forward. I favor impeachment.

I understand why they think its impotent to impeach a president to no effect. It looks incredibly weak.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I do not think it is the best way forward. I favor impeachment.

I understand why they think its impotent to impeach a president to no effect. It looks incredibly weak.

This is where you and I have a fundamental disagreement.  If you know what you're doing, a GOP blocked impeachment is a great advantage.  

The talking points write themselves and those outside the base who oppose Trump will be more energized to vote.  Doing noting is a defeatist strategy.  As we've mentioned earlier, playing not to lose is a good way to insure losing.

• Like 1