Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Pelosi should be out in front taunting Dotard everyday on Twitter to goad him into saying even more racist and vile shit, but she doesn't. This idiot will gladly repeat white nationalist talking points if you provoke him.

This is not the time for her to run the Four Corners and run out the clock. To use another basketball analogy run the political version of Nolan Richardson's 40 Minutes of Hell non-stop. Call him on his shit repeatedly and have your entire damn caucus do the same thing. Do not let him set the narrative. Put him on defense and watch the ensuing meltdown. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 2

Nah, you need to move the narrative away from racism because Trump spewing racist shit isn’t helpful.  Trump has weaponized the first amendment against the population from the White House.  He does this through all the lies and hate speech.   It’s what fascist do. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, retread said:

Aunt Nancy doesn't have the energy or the desire (or both) to run 40 minutes of hell. She's shown that.

I was alright with her strategy of slow-playing things with Dotard, but the last straw was him putting the life of a congresswoman in imminent danger by going along with those chants.

It's sad that the loudest voices are coming from the freshman women in the house and that the leadership just continues playing games. Fuck playing games. Our country is being run by a fucking racist shitbag who has dreams of being Mussolini and we sit and watch the majority of our reps stand idly by and do nothing because something might not be politically advantageous at the moment. You either use your position of power to stand up for our country or cede power to someone who will. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, David Dennison said:

I do not think it is the best way forward. I favor impeachment.

I understand why they think its impotent to impeach a president to no effect. It looks incredibly weak.

Can't believe that I am backing up David Dennison but, here it goes.

He is right. The Dems have no crime to accuse Trump with and even if the House went along with Greens ridiculous attempt it would get killed in the Senate. The Dems in the House would look like the idiotic partisans that they are just over a year away from the 2020 elections. What legislation have they passed in two years with the gavel. How have they helped the citizens of this country?

You wanna get Trump? Then get him for real. Prove it. Trial it and bury him. They can't after Mueller. It's over. Maybe in his 2nd term????

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It's sad that the loudest voices are coming from the freshman women in the house and that the leadership just continues playing games.  

If the USA survives, The Squad and their generation will be running things before long. I hope that many women are the replacements for the old, white men. Let's see how they do. Old, white guys have had their time.

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nah, you need to move the narrative away from racism because Trump spewing racist shit isn’t helpful.  Trump has weaponized the first amendment against the population from the White House.  He does this through all the lies and hate speech.   It’s what fascist do. 

You DO NOT move the narrative away. Fuck this political gamesmanship. You hammer him on what he is. He is both a racist and an aspiring fascist. You do not let him off the hook. You grew disenchanted with Pelosi for not going after this asshole. You throw every racist statement he has made right back at his fat ass face everyday. This moron will break. The N word will either be typed or said. He has no control over himself.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

You DO NOT move the narrative away. Fuck this political gamesmanship. You hammer him on what he is. He is both a racist and an aspiring fascist. You do not let him off the hook. You grew disenchanted with Pelosi for not going after this asshole. You throw every racist statement he has made right back at his fat ass face everyday. This moron will break. The N word will either be typed or said. He has no control over himself.

I agree with going on offense but your suggestion of Pelosi baiting him into saying more racist shit is dangerous, like it could get people killed and it further erodes our society.

Trump’s racist statements are a symptom of a deeper corruption.  He can comfortably play in the racist lane all day.  The world is also watching.  Trump going on racist rants has a pretty significant ripple effect around the world.  The right move is to start the impeachment process and have a ton of public hearings.  That’s would upset Trump the most I’d speculate.  He absolutely does not want to be impeached in the House.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

On 7/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, UpperWestside said:

This. The more they focus on standard political issues, the more they normalize Trump and his behavior as standard politics.  They need to constantly be attacking him for being a racist and a fascist. This twitter thread is illustrative:

The Democratic consulting class will prove to be the downfall of American democracy because they'll focus group some racist shitheels in Pennsylvania who tell them to focus on health care instead of the danger Donald Trump poses to America.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, retread said:

heh

Great...that will get people fired up to vote...if it doesn't put them to sleep first...*sigh*

This election is about Trump.  Period.  Why fuck it up with wonky policy discussions.  Save policy for the debates.  

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

With 37% of the country supporting impeachment and 59% opposing it, don't get your hopes up.

Strangely, that's just about the exact same number as when Nixon was getting impeached right after the Saturday night massacre. And the ongoing investigations and determination to not let them get away with it is what eroded Nixon's support. But no you're right, the Dems should focus on passing bills that the Senate won't even allow to the floor. Much more productive. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Strangely, that's just about the exact same number as when Nixon was getting impeached right after the Saturday night massacre. And the ongoing investigations and determination to not let them get away with it is what eroded Nixon's support. But no you're right, the Dems should focus on passing bills that the Senate won't even allow to the floor. Much more productive. 

Why do you keep insinuating that I agree with leadership? I don't. I'm on your side on impeachment.

However, I have a feeling Mueller is going to testify and that's that. The August recess will be the break Nancy Pelosi is looking for, supported by polling, to sweep the impeachment issue under the rug and move on.

I hope I'm wrong.

56 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why do you keep insinuating that I agree with leadership?

Definitely wouldn't be the pages of you defending their decisions as the correct political play. No way I could get the impression you approve of their decisions when you've been literally the only person in this thread backing them up.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Definitely wouldn't be the pages of you defending their decisions as the correct political play. No way I could get the impression you approve of their decisions when you've been literally the only person in this thread backing them up.

You're confusing explaining with defending. 

We won't know if it's the correct political play until November 2020.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

This is definitely the correct political play

Good job dems, keep on fucking yourselves over while failing to hold the executive accountable because it might hurt fundraising. BRILLIANT 345676D CHESS MOVE [/dennison]

It removes Republican leverage, too. So there's that.

Pelosi has been a complete disaster thus far.  Congrats on the commitment to the “for the people” agenda which is ironic considering how much the agenda does for the people. 

She had her one good moment during the shutdown and packed it in.  The worst part is I can’t think of a better realistic replacement for her and that’s even more depressing.

Chuck Schumer is bigger joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pelosi has been a complete disaster thus far.  Congrats on the commitment to the “for the people” agenda which is ironic considering how much the agenda does for the people. 

She had her one good moment during the shutdown and packed it in.  The worst part is I can’t think of a better realistic replacement for her and that’s even more depressing.

And she's literally one million times better than her Republican predecessors.

I’m halfway convinced the establishment democrats are so desperate to hold off a progressive overthrow and keep the money flowing to and from their donors that they’re okay with letting the fascists run the show to protect them.  I really hope I’m wrong on this but these old corporate whores among the Dems keep telling me exactly who they are when they show no sense of urgency or backbone with Trump and his outlaw regime.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m halfway convinced the establishment democrats are so desperate to hold off a progressive overthrow and keep the money flowing to and from their donors that they’re okay with letting the fascists run the show to protect them.  I really hope I’m wrong on this but these old corporate whores among the Dems keep telling me exactly who they are when they show no sense of urgency or backbone with Trump and his outlaw regime.

They would jump if their constituents did.

The public doesn't care.

It sucks.

Nadler's getting primaried, though. That's what has to happen.

14 hours ago, Captainant said:

This is definitely the correct political play

Good job dems, keep on fucking yourselves over while failing to hold the executive accountable because it might hurt fundraising. BRILLIANT 345676D CHESS MOVE [/dennison]

Yep, this is fucking amazing. Just came to post it

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

there are good options from the california delegation. we probably should pick someone from that state to takeover pelosi's fundraising prowess. 

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They shouldn't have rolled over on it instantly. Just like how they shouldn't have rolled over instantly on funding concentration camps. Try to keep up. 

They didn't. This is what the Democrats wanted. If anything, the administration rolled over on spending increases.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So they should have weaponized the debt ceiling?

They should have passed a standalone bill in the House that permanently lifted the debt ceiling, and then told the Republicans that it was pass that or nothing.   No weaponizing or leveraging for other policy purposes; just straight up repeal of it altogether. 

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

They should have passed a standalone bill in the House that permanently lifted the debt ceiling, and then told the Republicans that it was pass that or nothing.   No weaponizing or leveraging for other policy purposes; just straight up repeal of it altogether. 

So weaponize the debt ceiling.

OK.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Anything that might have a chance of becoming law?

BTW, I'd love to eliminate it. 

The Republicans would have given in if the Dems didn't budge.  And if not, might as well let them blow it all up now with Trump as president.  Instead we're delivering a fresh hostage for them every year under a future Dem president. 

28 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The Republicans would have given in if the Dems didn't budge.  And if not, might as well let them blow it all up now with Trump as president.  Instead we're delivering a fresh hostage for them every year under a future Dem president. 

Let them. They always cave anyway.

I refuse to change the title of this thread.  Let it serve as a reminder that I make mistakes.  

I have changed my position on Pelosi again.

Yesterday she went from  “bad but still redeemable”  to “not redeemable, should not be trusted to serve the public again.”

The only silver lining to the Trump Era:  he is making all of our supposed leaders and elected officials take their masks off.  We now get to see exactly who they are.   We can solve our challenges much easier with the problems clearly identified.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2