Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, DixonHur said:

She doesn't need to get elected...she IS the Speaker of the House.

Because she got elected. Because her caucus thinks she's good at it. A whole lot of people agree. Many don't. I understand why.

If history is any indication, the Democrats will hold their majority in the House in 2020. I can't wait to see if the left wing of the party puts up a viable challenger to Nancy Pelosi. I hope they do. I just don't think anyone can beat her.

^^ What makes you think Pelosi feels like she fucked up with AOC?

I agree that both of them ran run in essentially separate lanes...for the most part. But AOC isn’t going away or going to stop unless she fails to get re-elected in 2020.

From the swamp-creature Clay's outburst in the halls to the exposure of Nancy's two-faced dealings, it's pretty clear she's a terrible leader of the caucus.

There are a few options for leadership...

1 - You can keep everyone in line with an iron fist
2 - You can make it SEEM like everyone is in line through diplomacy (public and private)

Nancy cannot do either. She tried and failed to scold the young blood and she's incapable of even trying option #2 because she's petty, vindictive, and jealous.

She sucks and always has.

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

From the swamp-creature Clay's outburst in the halls to the exposure of Nancy's two-faced dealings, it's pretty clear she's a terrible leader of the caucus.

There are a few options for leadership...

1 - You can keep everyone in line with an iron fist
2 - You can make it SEEM like everyone is in line through diplomacy (public and private)

Nancy cannot do either. She tried and failed to scold the young blood and she's incapable of even trying option #2 because she's petty, vindictive, and jealous.

She sucks and always has.

Sounds like it should be easy to replace her.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Sounds like it should be easy to replace her.

How does that follow from anything I said?

No one here is arguing that she'll be easy to displace or that the Democratic establishment is powerless, yet you keep pounding that drum as if you're the only one who realizes it. We all realize it. We get it. Your posts in the last 10+ pages are beyond useless because literally every single poster here already understands the existing power dynamic of the Democratic Party.

14 minutes ago, retread said:

The Ds have to find a way to make their message heard and for it not to be defined by the latest grenade that Cheeto throws into the room.

So far, they're failing at that.

They should follow the vital, youth-led movement in their own caucus that has ideas for how this nation should move forward.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They should follow the vital, youth-led movement in their own caucus that has ideas for how this nation should move forward.

That youth-led movement needs to do a better job at convincing that caucus to follow them and not leadership.

They haven't been able to do that yet.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hurrr durrr... “you just don’t understand how it works”....go to Dennison line 

You know precisely how it works. You don't like it. That does nothing to change how politics works. Politics is about convincing others to come to your position. AOC and her crew need to get better at doing that. They need to get better at politics. They are green right now and it shows.

How does it show?

These women were literally sworn in 6 months ago and they are already the prevailing faces of the Democratic Congress and are forces decades-deep swamp creatures are terrified of.

Pelosi and the House Dem leadership launched a public and vicious attack on them and started sprinting backwards 2 days later when the entirety of the progressive movement (even shitlibs like Indivisible and DailyKos, a website that literally sent 25,000 roses to Pelosi) spoke up against the Dem Leadership's divisiveness.

Do you sincerely believe that a different track from these 4 would've resulted in dramatically different results? If so, please try and explain what you're imagining. I have a feeling you'll say some vague bullshit about "getting things done" with no specifics and continue sounding like the dumbest possible pundit with regard to Slay Kween.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

How does it show?

These women were literally sworn in 6 months ago and they are already the prevailing faces of the Democratic Congress and are forces decades-deep swamp creatures are terrified of.

Pelosi and the House Dem leadership launched a public and vicious attack on them and started sprinting backwards 2 days later when the entirety of the progressive movement (even shitlibs like Indivisible and DailyKos, a website that literally sent 25,000 roses to Pelosi) spoke up against the Dem Leadership's divisiveness.

Do you sincerely believe that a different track from these 4 would've resulted in dramatically different results? If so, please try and explain what you're imagining. I have a feeling you'll say some vague bullshit about "getting things done" with no specifics and continue sounding like the dumbest possible pundit with regard to Slay Kween.

They lost their biggest political battle on the Hill. That's how it shows.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They lost their biggest political battle on the Hill. That's how it shows.

Be more specific with what you're saying here.

Also, if you could possibly answer my question, that would be super duper appreciated: Do you sincerely believe that a different track from these 4 would've resulted in dramatically different results? If so, please try and explain what you're imagining.

This is from an antiwar blog post written about 14 years ago. For those that weren't paying attention back then, Pelosi never grew a backbone. She enabled the Bush administration in their crimes against humanity and she looked the other way when they were shitting all over the constitution. This is who she is and always will be.

Meanwhile, this immoral and disgusting war goes on, and we have to continue living in a Bizarro World where phosphorous isn’t a chemical weapon — except when it is.

Send Pelosi and the cowardly Democrats a message: give her a call, and ask her when she’s going to acquire a backbone: 202-225-4965

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2005/11/21/nancy-pelosi-the-shame-of-san-francisco/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Be more specific with what you're saying here.

Also, if you could possibly answer my question, that would be super duper appreciated: Do you sincerely believe that a different track from these 4 would've resulted in dramatically different results? If so, please try and explain what you're imagining.

Voting for the original House bill after Pelosi made concessions would have helped their cause immensely. They didn't and it pissed off other Democrats.

Edited by David Dennison

44 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Voting for the original House bill after Pelosi made concessions would have helped their cause immensely. They didn't and it pissed off other Democrats.

Your original point is that the new women are doing a poor job of "convincing others to come to (their) position". What you're advocating here is not a better way to win people to their position, what you're advocating is that they just fucking abandon their position.

True Democrat Logic: "Can't win immediately? Give up!"

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Your original point is that the new women are doing a poor job of "convincing others to come to (their) position". What you're advocating here is not a better way to win people to their position, what you're advocating is that they just fucking abandon their position.

True Democrat Logic: "Can't win immediately? Give up!"

I'm advocating they do a better job of convincing fellow Democratic lawmakers to support their positions.

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm advocating they do a better job of convincing fellow Democratic lawmakers to support their positions.

Wonderful, so tell me how that happens.

Your first attempt, which was just to say that they should change their positions, was very poorly done.

Try again.

What should these nasty women be doing that would have, say, killed the $4.6B bill in the House?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Wonderful, so tell me how that happens.

Your first attempt, which was just to say that they should change their positions, was very poorly done.

Try again.

What should these nasty women be doing that would have, say, killed the $4.6B bill in the House?

I didn't say they should change their position. They should do a better job of bringing fellow Democrats to their side. Make your case. Convince them.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I didn't say they should change their position. They should do a better job of bringing fellow Democrats to their side. Make your case. Convince them.

So you disagree with yourself when you said, "Voting for the original House bill after Pelosi made concessions would have helped their cause immensely."?