Band Shananigans

ChickenNuggets

UT's new band for those who don't want to play ‘Eyes of Texas' on hold (msn.com)

... I have no interest in culling through CR for past threads on this topic... This is the first I've heard of this since about 3 years ago, I thought this issue died with the uproar from the Alumni... Discuss..

Edited by ChickenNuggets

I don’t see an issue at all. I thought y’all supported freedom for those who don’t like to be told what to do? University is giving them an option to remain in the band and play events without being forced to play The Eyes if they don’t want to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

WTF? Why stop at 2 marching bands? How about another band for students with enough pride to refuse to wear those ugly ass clownsuits we make them wear today. How about another  band for students in favor of making the performances entertaining (think HBCU) rather than the bland ass shit our band plays? Fuck it, lets have 10 or 15 bands.

As long as the band "position" is we're playin the Eyes, if you dont want to join in, I guess find a different hobby. Or fuck, tell the band to never play the Eyes. Or just get rid of the band all together. Multiple bands sounds so fucking stupid, I'd expect it to originate in college station. this band fucks people, this band fucks only people in the corps, this band fucks sheep, this band fucks tree knots, etc.... 

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

WTF? Why stop at 2 marching bands? How about another band for students with enough pride to refuse to wear those ugly ass clownsuits we make them wear today. How about another  band for students in favor of making the performances entertaining (think HBCU) rather than the bland ass shit our band plays? Fuck it, lets have 10 or 15 bands.

As long as the band "position" is we're playin the Eyes, if you dont want to join in, I guess find a different hobby. Or fuck, tell the band to never play the Eyes. Or just get rid of the band all together. Multiple bands sounds so fucking stupid, I'd expect it to originate in college station. this band fucks people, this band fucks only people in the corps, this band fucks sheep, this band fucks tree knots, etc.... 

IncompatibleIllJaguar-size_restricted.gi