Best Deer Processing Plant & Sausage In Houston Area

SydneyCarton

Weird request, I know. So my father in law has some land near Belleville, so my brother in law usually go out a few times a year and try to bag some deer. Because of convenience, we've been taking our kill over the years to the Belleville meat market for processing and making it into sausage. And it's fine. But we got gifted some deer sausage from a neighbor who hunts in Louisiana and had it processed at Holliers, not far over the border of LA. And it is...so much more delicious than anything we've ever had made at Bellville Meat Market. 

So my question is, does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations for any other deep processing plants that makes great sausage anywhere around Houston, or in between Houston and Belleville? I'd be tempted to give another shop a chance to see if the sausage is demonstrably better. 

Thanks in advance.  

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Weird request, I know. So my father in law has some land near Belleville, so my brother in law usually go out a few times a year and try to bag some deer. Because of convenience, we've been taking our kill over the years to the Belleville meat market for processing and making it into sausage. And it's fine. But we got gifted some deer sausage from a neighbor who hunts in Louisiana and had it processed at Holliers, not far over the border of LA. And it is...so much more delicious than anything we've ever had made at Bellville Meat Market. 

So my question is, does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations for any other deep processing plants that makes great sausage anywhere around Houston, or in between Houston and Belleville? I'd be tempted to give another shop a chance to see if the sausage is demonstrably better. 

Thanks in advance.  

There is not a lot to choose from in the Houston area.  Perhaps Prasek's on the west side of Sealy.  I've had their product before and it is good.   I've never had Hollier's so the comparison is a not there to consider.

• Hook 'Em 1

When we would go to froberg’s farm in Alvin to pick strawberries, we would stop at greak’s smokehouse and get some venison jalapeño cheddar sausage. Shit was great. 

i don’t know if they process their own, and if so do they process for customers. Or maybe ask them who processes their stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

There is not a lot to choose from in the Houston area.  Perhaps Prasek's on the west side of Sealy.  I've had their product before and it is good.   I've never had Hollier's so the comparison is a not there to consider.

Jr's right before prasek's heading south

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

their sausage is damn good, better than prasek's imo 

If you think Bellville is just ok, don't go to Midway.

Praseks is where I would try if I were you.

Petes Fine Meats is expensive but also not great.

B&W on Shepherd is cheaper but also not great.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, huge said:

If you think Bellville is just ok, don't go to Midway.

Praseks is where I would try if I were you.

Petes Fine Meats is expensive but also not great.

B&W on Shepherd is cheaper but also not great.

Yeah, I mean I shop at B&W on Shepherd from time to time when grilling out. I don't find their product better than Belleville. 

17 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You must have found the best sausage place in the world because Bellville Meat Market is pretty damn solid.  They are stupid expensive though.

This is where I am on it.  Bellville is great and priced accordingly.  Several years ago I made some axis jerky that was the best I had ever had.  And it better have been, it cost a fortune.

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

You must have found the best sausage place in the world because Bellville Meat Market is pretty damn solid.  They are stupid expensive though.

6 hours ago, huge said:

This is where I am on it.  Bellville is great and priced accordingly.  Several years ago I made some axis jerky that was the best I had ever had.  And it better have been, it cost a fortune.

Ha. I honestly have no other point of reference in regards to price. And don't misunderstand me, I don't think it's bad. In fact, their sweet chipotle we tried this year was damn good, and I really like their tamales. That being said, I also wasn't alone. My BIL and my SIL both had the exact same reaction I did. 

For whatever it's worth, this was the place we got it from. I just assumed it was better because Louisiana. 
https://www.hollierscajunkitchen.net/deer-processing