49-0

ztejas

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

I fucking love winning the Red River Shootout. It's like so much better than losing the Red River Shootout.

I have to admit was I was 100% fully on board with chasing Urban Meyer, POS that he is. However, I was intrigued by the Sark hire and could see how it might work based on talk that he was Saban's hand-picked choice to succeed him at Bama. Based on his work getting Ewers back -- and landing Arch -- I'm feeling pretty fucking good about him at the moment. Time will tell, of course, if he's figured out the things that made his Washington/USC stops ultimately unsuccessful. (And pretty sure "Seven Win Steve" isn't a CTJ-original but I could be wrong.)

He's played nine collegiate quarters and I'm almost certain he will be the #1 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Same. With Ewers, we are scary good. But the Big 12 is always a crapshoot. I bet we stumble once do to inexperience but I'm hoping that will still be good enough to slip into the Big 12 title game as the #2 seed, then we hammer whoever for the conference championship at Jerry World.

I'm 100% with you on this. Him getting Ewers and Arch, seeing his offense and what it can do with an elite passer actually has me excited for the first time in well over a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm 100% with you on this. Him getting Ewers and Arch, seeing his offense and what it can do with an elite passer actually has me excited for the first time in well over a decade. 

Yeah I have to admit I was taking a 'wait and see' attitude before getting super-excited about Quinn, but got damn, I'm all in now. He's every bit as special as advertised, and then some.

The other thing that's really different for me is that these guys are showing very strong signs that they're getting the right kind of coaching and lots of it. That's exciting AF, because we all know what this program can be when it's in the right hands and the players are buying in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I have to admit I was taking a 'wait and see' attitude before getting super-excited about Quinn, but got damn, I'm all in now. He's every bit as special as advertised, and then some.

The other thing that's really different for me is that these guys are showing very strong signs that they're getting the right kind of coaching and lots of it. That's exciting AF, because we all know what this program can be when it's in the right hands and the players are buying in.

Yep, 100%. I'm on the same page as you. He's likeable and knows how to actually get his guys to buy in and isn't a walking tard like Charlie. Him nailing the Ewers get, him getting Arch, I have a feeling we ain't done getting more and more elite QB's and WR's. All he needs to do is take the next step, and I truly believe with all my heart that Quinn will take us to the CFP. He's just THAT GREAT. Dude is VY special, and you can see it. The way he sees the field, his effortless throws, the way you can see how much better he makes the overall team is just something we've missed since 2009. We're just getting started. Kids are now actually buying in seeing how special Quinn truly is. Quinn may end up being a better recruiter than Arch on play alone. I feel good, real good. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep, 100%. I'm on the same page as you. He's likeable and knows how to actually get his guys to buy in and isn't a walking tard like Charlie. Him nailing the Ewers get, him getting Arch, I have a feeling we ain't done getting more and more elite QB's and WR's. All he needs to do is take the next step, and I truly believe with all my heart that Quinn will take us to the CFP. He's just THAT GREAT. Dude is VY special, and you can see it. The way he sees the field, his effortless throws, the way you can see how much better he makes the overall team is just something we've missed since 2009. We're just getting started. Kids are now actually buying in seeing how special Quinn truly is. Quinn may end up being a better recruiter than Arch on play alone. I feel good, real good. 

Yeah I was just gonna say I haven't felt this way about a Texas team since VY & Colt. Huge potential here. This could be like 2004 was for us. :knockonwood: (my head)

• Like 1

Just now, wood said:

Yeah I was just gonna say I haven't felt this way about a Texas team since VY & Colt. Huge potential here. This could be like 2004 was for us. :knockonwood: (my head)

Yep, my exact thoughts as I mentioned before. He's got that moxie to him and the talent to go with it, and not just talent, but elite elite talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep, my exact thoughts as I mentioned before. He's got that moxie to him and the talent to go with it, and not just talent, but elite elite talent. 

So what you're saying is he's not like an aggy "5 star" QB?

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...