49-0

ztejas

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

How hungover is half of surly right now?

As I approach 50, I have noticed it takes me a hell of a lot longer to recover from a hangover than it used to.  And ain't nobody got time for that at my age.

That said, I got pretty fuckin baked last night in celebration of this W.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orangebird said:

As I approach 50, I have noticed it takes me a hell of a lot longer to recover from a hangover than it used to.  And ain't nobody got time for that at my age.

Same 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2022 at 6:59 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

I got the goosebumps 

I was not a believer in the Sark hire, but damnit if he's not winning me over. Gotta get over that seven win bullshit gimmick CTJ dumbass name, but if he can get to 8 wins (he can sith a healthy Ewers) then we're gonna be waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve. 

On 10/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, ztejas said:

I'll revisit it right now. This is a nasty football team. Lubbock is Lubbock and we're a young squad. Shit happens. No one in the country wants to line up against this Texas team with Quinn at QB. We're a fucking problem. 

They will for sure be a real problem for everyone once Ewers gets a few more games under his belt.  I don't think we've seen even close to his best yet, his ceiling is fricking way up there, it's going to be amazing...And, the defense is going to feed off of it and kick butt also as long as Ewers and dudes like Worthy and JT stay healthy and keep the Offense rolling....

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Bro. I told my brother this yesterday. After Tech, I was wondering how we would win 5.

Today, I’m wondering who can beat us.

It’s a sick sick disease we all have emoji23.png

It is incredible, there is nothing like sports that can make you feel this way.

21 hours ago, orangebird said:

https://www.liquid-iv.com/

You need to become acquainted with Liquid IV.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, D3zii said:

Might be the coolest video I’ve ever seen from the Texas media department

from coming out to the boo’s, to Quinn being in aww of the atmosphere, to hearing the cheers and Texas fight simply amazing!!! 

love Quinn kinda looking around and taking it in as he's jogging with his horns up

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Ice fucking cold. Texas player interview is the last thing football related I get to see this glorious weekend. Where do all the party girls hang out now in downtown Austin? Feeling young and bold tonight.

If you have to ask, you’re too old.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I fucking love winning the Red River Shootout. It's like so much better than losing the Red River Shootout.

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I was not a believer in the Sark hire, but damnit if he's not winning me over. Gotta get over that seven win bullshit gimmick CTJ dumbass name, but if he can get to 8 wins (he can sith a healthy Ewers) then we're gonna be waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve. 

I have to admit was I was 100% fully on board with chasing Urban Meyer, POS that he is. However, I was intrigued by the Sark hire and could see how it might work based on talk that he was Saban's hand-picked choice to succeed him at Bama. Based on his work getting Ewers back -- and landing Arch -- I'm feeling pretty fucking good about him at the moment. Time will tell, of course, if he's figured out the things that made his Washington/USC stops ultimately unsuccessful. (And pretty sure "Seven Win Steve" isn't a CTJ-original but I could be wrong.)

8 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

They will for sure be a real problem for everyone once Ewers gets a few more games under his belt.  I don't think we've seen even close to his best yet, his ceiling is fricking way up there, it's going to be amazing...And, the defense is going to feed off of it and kick butt also as long as Ewers and dudes like Worthy and JT stay healthy and keep the Offense rolling....

He's played nine collegiate quarters and I'm almost certain he will be the #1 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

58 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Bro. I told my brother this yesterday. After Tech, I was wondering how we would win 5.

Today, I’m wondering who can beat us.

It’s a sick sick disease we all have emoji23.png

Same. With Ewers, we are scary good. But the Big 12 is always a crapshoot. I bet we stumble once do to inexperience but I'm hoping that will still be good enough to slip into the Big 12 title game as the #2 seed, then we hammer whoever for the conference championship at Jerry World.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Marvin Mims has to be hating the fuck out of Lincoln Riley for selling him a vision that turned out to be a sack of shit.

Yep. He should portal to Texas. I'm 100% certain the thought has crossed his mind, esp after seeing the way Sark orchestrates his offense, esp the way he gets his WRs and TEs in space.

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. He should portal to Texas. I'm 100% certain the thought has crossed his mind, esp after seeing the way Sark orchestrates his offense, esp the way he gets his WRs and TEs in space.

Get in that mothafucka bro! 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Might be the coolest video I’ve ever seen from the Texas media department

from coming out to the boo’s, to Quinn being in aww of the atmosphere, to hearing the cheers and Texas fight simply amazing!!! 

Is this available somewhere in better quality? Twitter is...not a great platform for video.

23 hours ago, orangebird said:

Pro tip, I’m 51 and know what you’re saying. You need to preplan a little. Start your day off with a couple of Liquid IV packs and it makes a big difference.

We rented a house in Dallas for the weekend with 4 of our best friends. My son came up from Austin with a couple of hot coeds ( no pics) and my buddy (former UT walk on) had his daughter who goes to OU come down with a friend. We partied Friday night. Ubered to the fairgrounds by 8 am, started with a Fletchers jalapeño/cheese corny dog and wax cup beer. The drinking of beer/ margaritas didn’t stop until we watched aggy lose at the end of the night. What a weekend of awesomeness. Life is good🤘

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Pro tip, I’m 51 and know what you’re saying. You need to preplan a little. Start your day off with a couple of Liquid IV packs and it makes a big difference.

We rented a house in Dallas for the weekend with 4 of our best friends. My son came up from Austin with a couple of hot coeds ( no pics) and my buddy (former UT walk on) had his daughter who goes to OU come down with a friend. We partied Friday night. Ubered to the fairgrounds by 8 am, started with a Fletchers jalapeño/cheese corny dog and wax cup beer. The drinking of beer/ margaritas didn’t stop until we watched aggy lose at the end of the night. What a weekend of awesomeness. Life is good🤘

I'll be 50 in less than 30 days and I'm still hurting from Saturday. I hadn't been down to the game since 2018 after just missing 2019 and COVID in 2020/2021. I was five Greyhounds deep by the time I set foot at the Fair and then wrecked my calves going up and down the steps to the beer stand during the game. I could barely walk when I got out of bed yesterday. Didn't stay very long at the Fair after and went by a buddy's house who hosted a watch party for those who didn't go down. I made it until about 6 and had the missus come pick me up on her way home from her parents' house. I was pretty wrecked and was passed out on the couch by 7 or so. Woke up a time or two and finally crawled to the shower around midnight. I wasn't as hungover as I expected but the overall body soreness was brutal. We met some friends for the Cowboys game and 4-5 pints helped take the edge off. Legs are still sore today but not nearly like yesterday. In retrospect, I should've probably mixed in some water along the way.

giphy.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

He is gonna have to fight Evan Stewart for that spot. I am pretty sure they are both wanting out.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

• Like 2