CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

Yep there was a terrible dropped TD pass that would have given us the lead back. Gilbert dropped a dime. Absolutely can't have that when we have a freshman qb and doing everything to survive.

Also didn't help that on both opening drives, we settled for 3 very deep inside Bama territory. Especially after the special teams turnover. Get 14 on those drives and I think the game plays out much different. We have a tad more room for error. Only getting 6 coupled with Colt being injured was a very bad sign of things to come.

I didn’t remember the 2nd half drive.

Part of the annoyance with the Cody non-call was that we got called for a WR not being set on drive 1 that negated a TD. Same end of the field.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:47 PM, Valmy77 said:

Do you? Because nobody who watched both of those two Cotton Bowls would think the 1978 Cotton Bowl is comparable to the 1991 Cotton Bowl. The 1991 Cotton Bowl tanked the program for years. We wouldn't even be Bowl eligible again until the glorious season we lost to Rice in 1994. Miami was laughing at us, they knew we were pathetic joke. I mean sure the 1978 game was a rough loss and all and the score looked bad but it was not even close to that. We play Notre Dame 10 times we probably still win 4 or 5 times, it just wasn't our day that day. Not even remotely close to 1991.

In 1977 we were undefeated #1.  We knew we had a flawed team in 1990.  So the big 1978 Cotton Bowl loss really hurt.

Not as embarrassing, but still a big loss.

On 1/13/2023 at 2:26 PM, utee94 said:

Oh yeah I love the full roundrobin.  It's the full roundrobin plus CCG that's stupid.

But there's too much money to do away with them.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:46 PM, Horn80 said:

Actually I pointed out that 2 or 3 of the turnovers were not Gilbert’s fault.

He made them.  He owns them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

motherfucker you play that game in Atlanta…a fucking HOME game for you leghumpers… and a shit schedule in the East.  don’t give me that handicapped shit. fucker, i went to law school in Georgia, i know exactly what’s up.  

you play shit teams and have a shit schedule.  it’s why we routinely school your weak ass. 

enjoy while you can…we’re tailgrabbing your ass.   

East was better than the West this year and we beat LSU easily. Whining about a 15-0 SEC team is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on a msg board. When was the last time you played two top ten nonconf games in back-to-back seasons? 

You're supposed to have my back on a non-SEC board and we have a lot of mutual rivals, so quit your whining and fvck off. 

On 1/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, Lidig8r said:

Certainly, Georgia should be congratulated for a great 2022 season. In fact, with regard to Georgia, I have a special place in my heart ... or, a place about 15 inches lower because of a young lady, a Georgia coed at the time, with whom I enjoyed certain lascivious delights decades ago. [Imagine, pubic hair trimmed into a heart shape and dyed pink for Valentine's Day]. Ah, but I digress.

Non-conference games is a topic that you should probably steer clear of since Georgia's murderous non-con 2023 schedule consists of the following:

University of Tennessee Martin (are they called the Deans by any chance);

Ball State (they should be called the fighting testicles);

UAB (The Fighting Targaryens?), and;

Georgia Tech (who has one of the best fight songs).

Now yes, in 2024, Georgia does have Clempson, 2025 at UCLA.

Hopefully, with the addition of Texas and BlowU to the SEC, the powderpuff opponent in November will be replaced with a conference game.

I like that you spelled Clempson properly. We've played ND, Clemp, Oregon, and will play UCLA, FSU, Ohio St, and Clemp again in the following years as well as having scheduled OU and UT which will likely be canceled due to the "murders and accusations". 

Trust me, everyone in our program wishes we still had OU on the schedule this coming year but the SEC stepped in and now I have to deal with this crazy LSU fan going ballistic on me on a Texas board. 

Conspiracy theories abound. 

8 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

East was better than the West this year and we beat LSU easily. Whining about a 15-0 SEC team is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on a msg board. When was the last time you played two top ten nonconf games in back-to-back seasons? 

You're supposed to have my back on a non-SEC board and we have a lot of mutual rivals, so quit your whining and fvck off. 

have your back?  fuck all that...you and every other SEC team that isn't LSU can eat ALL the dicks.  

or as we put it...suck that tiger dick, bitch.

no one gives a single fuck whether the East was better than the West.  big fucking whoop...that doesn't mean fuck all.  if you haven't forgot, a football game is a two team game, and all that matters is who won.  not where they're from and whatnot.  

fuck's sake with this shit.

and yes, you handled LSU this year.  congrats on winning a game against a pieced together, band-aided team consisting of only 65 players on scholarship.  i goddamn sure hope we see you this year, though.  we'll be a much different, much better team in '23.