Damp January Rec’s - Low(er) Cal Cocktails

MirrOlure

Neither I nor my family could survive an attempt at Dry January….so looking for creative alternatives to the usual 2 or 3 double bourbons over a block cube.

I’m convinced that the 8-10 annoying extra lbs are solely due to weekday whiskey intake.

Ranch waters, gin or vodka drinks, tequila or mezcal anything is on limits

There's not a significant difference in calories between bourbon and tequila or gin or vodka. The only solution is to drink less. This comes from a fellow two-to-three 2oz pours of bourbon on weeknights guy. (I am doing dry January though. Enjoying the "no hangovers" part of the experience)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I used to drink a fuck ton of bourbon nightly, before age got the better of me. And being sick of being fat. 

I'm doing dry January as well, but my go to has been Vodka Sodas with lime, or Vodka and Diet Sprite for awhile if I'm drinking  during the week. Ive found the key for me is to simply toss in a shot of vodka, ice, but instead of a normal glass I fill up a whole yeti cup with my mixer. You drink less and hydrate more. It's also good for anyone trying to do keto/low-carb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I used to drink a fuck ton of bourbon nightly, before age got the better of me. And being sick of being fat. 

I'm doing dry January as well, but my go to has been Vodka Sodas with lime, or Vodka and Diet Sprite for awhile if I'm drinking  during the week. Ive found the key for me is to simply toss in a shot of vodka, ice, but instead of a normal glass I fill up a whole yeti cup with my mixer. You drink less and hydrate more. It's also good for anyone trying to do keto/low-carb. 

This is also a good way to drink mixed drinks over a period of time and not just get bliztkrieged.

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's a reason my people call this "gay water."

It's one of the lowest calorie mixed drinks you can make. 

I mean yeah. Did you see the part about tired of being fat? 

I've been a heavy drinker for long spells of my life. Unless you're just fine getting fat, being fat, and inevitably continuing to get fatter, at some point you just can't keep horfing down beer and wine. I've been an avid exerciser most of my adult life, and even then at best you're breaking even, and thats assuming you're eating a healthy, calorie conscious diet, which most of the time folks are not, particularly while drinking.