Depeche Mode

tfoolry

I love Depeche Mode! I celebrate their entire catalog. I saw them in The Woodlands last year and when they played their old stuff it was awesome. They need to embrace their nostalgia status. My all time favorite DM song is Dreaming of Me.

I wish they'd take a cue from bands like U2 and play an entire album the whole way through to mark the anniversary of them. For example, March 2020 will be the 30th anniversary of the release of Violator. Do a tour where you play that front to back and then do some other hits/new stuff like U2 did with the Joshua Tree tour. I'd love to hear Clean, Blue Dress, Sweetest Perfection, and Waiting for the Night. Do some B-sides like Dangerous, Happiest Girl, and Sea of Sin. Or do a smaller tour in smaller venues and just play the deep cuts that long time fans would know. 

i also celebrate their entire catalog.  i swear to god i was just about to start a new thread for videos of bands before they were famous and this was going to be number one, still going to start that thread now...

saw them during the Violator tour in Dallas, badass...

Edited by Mileslong
  • Like 1

Saw the Black Celebration Tour at old Austin City Coliseum June 1986

playlist

Spoiler

"Christmas Island/Stripped" (Intro tape) "Black Celebration" "A Question of Time" "Fly on the Windscreen" "Shake the Disease" "Leave in Silence" "It's Called a Heart" "Everything Counts"

Song performed by Martin Gore "It Doesn't Matter Two" "Somebody" (only known performances: 14 April 1986 Bournemouth and 16 August 1986 Copenhagen) Song performed by Martin Gore "A Question of Lust" "Here Is the House" "Blasphemous Rumours" "New Dress" "Stripped" "Something to Do" "Master and Servant" "Photographic" "People Are People" encore 1 "Boys Say Go!" "Just Can't Get Enough" encore 2 "More Than a Party"