SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

3.5 minutes of my fucking life I’ll never get back. None of these SEC skits are funny. These people enjoy the same humour as a midwestern stay-at-home mom. Fucking brutal. Not looking forward to mingling with these Waffle House cunts, excluding Vanderbilt fans

you know how I know you dont watch college baseball?

1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

3.5 minutes of my fucking life I’ll never get back. None of these SEC skits are funny. These people enjoy the same humour as a midwestern stay-at-home mom. Fucking brutal. Not looking forward to mingling with these Waffle House cunts, excluding Vanderbilt fans. 

I bet you're fun at tailgates.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

SEC lands 4 coaches on ESPN's top-10 list for 2024 season

Grant Bricker | 17 hours ago

ESPN published a ranking of its top 10 head coaches for the 2024 season on Friday, and the SEC was very well represented.

The list was constructed by a vote from ESPN’s panel of college football experts. Kirby Smart, Kalen DeBoer, Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin all made the cut. All of the current SEC coaches who made the list finished with at least 10 wins or more in 2023. DeBoer is new to the conference but reached the College Football Playoff final with Washington last season.

Kyle Whittingham, Dabo Swinney, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Lance Leipold, and Ryan Day were the other coaches outside of the SEC who were on the list. Here’s where the SEC coaches inside the top 10 ranked:

Smart move putting Georgia’s coach at No. 1

Smart still claimed the top spot on the list despite a somewhat disappointing season in 2023. Georgia made it to the SEC Championship again only to have its dreams crushed by Nick Saban and Alabama in what would be his last season in Tuscaloosa.

The Bulldogs still finished at 13-1 and have lost just 2 games in the last 3 seasons. The program should be in good hands in 2024 in beyond with Smart still running the show, especially since veteran quarterback Carson Beck is returning for another season.

DeBoer entering Year 1 with high expectations

Coming in at No. 2 was DeBoer, and the expectations couldn’t be higher for the 1st-year head coach. Saban left a huge hole to fill at Alabama and DeBoer will have to follow a tough act.

One thing to give Alabama fans comfort is DeBoer’s resume. The former Washington head coach is a proven winner at multiple programs across the country. His most recent success was with the Huskies, where he only lost 3 games from 2022-2023.

Welcome to the SEC, Steve Sarkisian

The number of former Saban assistants in the SEC is set to grow with Sarkisian and the Longhorns joining the conference this fall.

Sarkisian came in at No. 7 after the Longhorns finally got over the hump in 2023 and won the Big 12. The team reached the College Football Playoff and lost in the semifinal to DeBoer and Washington. However, there is plenty to like about Texas with Quinn Ewers returning.

Sarkisian is 25-14 during his first 3 years as Texas’ head coach.

All aboard the Lane train

Kiffin was featured at No. 8 on ESPN’s list after Ole Miss’ 1st 11-win season in 2023. The question will be whether the team can finally challenge for an SEC title in 2024.

Kiffin prioritized the transfer portal and has a lot of returning talent coming back to Oxford in 2024, including quarterback Jaxson Dart. Ole Miss’ 2024 transfer class currently ranks No. 1 nationally, per 247Sports Composite rankings.

Kiffin has led Ole Miss to double-digit wins in 2 of its last 3 seasons.

Questionable snubs

The SEC coaches who were left off of the list raised some eyebrows as well. Missouri’s Eli Drinkwitz and LSU’s Brian Kelly didn’t make the cut despite their recent accolades.

Drinkwitz is coming off an 11-2 campaign and a Cotton Bowl victory over Ohio State. Kelly has produced great talents like Heisman winner Jayden Daniels, Biletnikoff finalist Malik Nabers, and Brian Thomas Jr. since coming to Baton Rouge in 2022.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39868452/ranking-top-10-coaches-college-football-2024

Edited by LTtxfan

In what game did one of our players throwing Horns to the crowd result in a taunting penalty? I don’t remember that ever happening.
I’m 57, BTW…
I thought it was after a couple of our players got flagged for doing the guns up at tortilla tech...but I've slept a few times (and untold gallons of alcohol) since then.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I thought we had gotten to 105K with the new SEZ renovation? Either way, whatever.

There's definitely a discrepancy.

image.png.8744252ae45eb14d7981b07c43cd56ac.png

image.thumb.png.5ee7321a3424aecc54c927ed45710e51.png

UT may not have published how many extra seats the SEZ added. 4500 were "expected." At the very least they didn't make it easy to locate the new capacity.

In May 2019, Texas Athletics broke ground on a major expansion project in the south endzone od Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium with team moving into their new facility in August 2021. Fans began enjoying all of the amenities associated with it when the Longhorns kicked off against Louisiana on Sept. 4. The $175 million stadium expansion project includes more than a 106,000-square-foot training facility footprint that provides significant upgrades to the Football coaches and staff offices, team areas, strength and development center and athletic training/medical facilities. It also will enhance the fan experience greatly with an end zone seating area of more than 4,500 seats, including more than 1,300 student seats. It includes the Founders Lounge, Myers-Dodds Legacy Club, Living Room and Loge Boxes, as well as a Field Club area right near the action that accommodates more than 800 people. Atop it all is a 160-foot by 44-foot videoboard to visually celebrate all of the action. The total gross square footage of the entire project is more than 215,000-square feet.

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/24/facilities_0724133148.aspx?id=205

Edited by Chopper

listening to a postgame show of the LSU spring game while coding..

apparently they are calling for them to grab everyone at DT/DE in the portal..because what they have out there is shit..

also think that they will face much better DLs in conference..however the DL won't ever face as good as a group as their OL.. ????  This sounds eerily similar to what we said after chuck beat ND in Austin.. which we all found out..there were much better OL we actually faced in that shitastic season..