SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

Saturday Down South

The 10 most explosive players in the SEC entering 2023

Connor O'Gara | 10 hours ago

Happy 4th of July, America.

I hope your day is full of eating grilled meats and watching other people (responsibly) blow things up. Again, responsibly. Fireworks are great, losing fingers is not so great.

What is great is breaking down the most explosive players in the SEC.

Here are the 10 I’ve settled on:

Joe Milton, Tennessee QB

The title of “best arm in college football” isn’t really a debate this year. It belongs to Milton. And if you think I’m wrong, tell me who else needs to take something off a 60-yard pass?

Milton’s arm is somewhere in the 80-90 yard range, which has been confirmed by several members of the program. His arm is a cannon unlike any we’ve seen in the SEC in recent memory, and it could very well be in the conversation with the late Ryan Mallett and JaMarcus Russell among “best SEC arms ever.” Of course with Milton, those explosive plays will only come if he has the touch necessary to lock down the starting job. But consider this. As a backup who got 2 starts for the injured Hendon Hooker in 2022, he was No. 5 in the SEC in passes of 40 yards (9). He can be all sorts of explosive in 2023.

Squirrel White, Tennessee WR

The guy on the receiving end of that long pass from Milton was White, AKA the guy who finished No. 2 in the SEC with 6 catches of 40 yards. Who was No. 1? Jalin Hyatt, AKA the Biletnikoff Award winner who started in the slot ahead of White, who got 20 snaps in a game once in the first 11 weeks. The dude can flat out jet. He’s a great bet to be on the receiving end of some long Tennessee touchdowns in 2023 … and a sneaky bet to lead the conference in receiving.

Quinshon Judkins, Ole Miss RB

Judkins was a revelation as a true freshman. Not only did he have the most rushing yards by an SEC true freshman since Herschel Walker (good for No. 2 all-time), he also racked up a Power 5-best 19 runs of 20 yards. Judkins is an ideal fit in Lane Kiffin’s offense. His ability to accelerate at the second level is already at an All-American level. While it’s fair to have questions about his workload — he averaged the most carries per game of any Power 5 true freshman since 2017 — we shouldn’t have questions about what he’s capable of when he gets the rock.

Rocket Sanders, Arkansas RB

His name is Rocket. We’re done here.

OK, fine. I’ll provide some context. Sanders led the SEC with 5 runs of 40 yards, and he was tied for No. 3 in FBS with 4 scrimmage plays of 60 yards. The Razorback tailback took off last year. Even though he’s undergoing a scheme change that’ll probably impact his workload with the transition from Kendal Briles to Dan Enos, there’s still an expectation that Sanders is poised for a monster year. Last year was really his first time becoming an every-down back playing competitive football. In other words, Rocket hasn’t reached his apex yet.

Brock Bowers, Georgia TE

A tight end … explosive? Yes. All you need to know about how explosive Bowers is this — he led the SEC with 3 plays of 70 yards. Even crazier? One of those was a running play. The guy gets his number called on end-arounds. That’s how explosive he is. Ever since his career began, Bowers has been making jaw-dropping plays that have us all questioning the physical limitations of the tight end position. I still think the touchdown at Georgia Tech his freshman year was the single most explosive play I’ve ever seen from a college tight end.

That’s not fair. Bowers is a cheat code.

Antwane “Juice” Wells, South Carolina WR

If you’re gonna go by “Juice,” you’d better have some explosion to your game. Fortunately for Wells, that’s not in doubt. The aforementioned Hyatt was the only SEC player with more 60-yard catches than Wells (4), who became an ideal fit to pair with Spencer Rattler’s big arm. Rattler developed a trust to lead Wells into deep throws and more times than not, the receiver would find a way to wind up with it. After he was one of the better transfers in all of college football coming from James Madison, Wells elected to run it back for another year with Rattler. If they can build off last year’s late-season dominance, they’ll be one of best, most explosive duos in the country.

Also, expect true freshman Nyckoles Harbor to be on this list next year.

Barion Brown, Kentucky WR

Brown might not be on the national radar yet, but Kentucky fans watched him burst onto the scene as a true freshman. He was tied for No. 3 in the SEC with 9 catches of 30 yards, and he was also responsible for 1 of the SEC’s 4 kickoff return touchdowns. More impressive? Like, besides the fact that he ran the 100-meter in 10.49 seconds? He went off for 245 all-purpose yards on just 5 (!) touches against Ole Miss.

And against Georgia, all Brown did was rack up 145 receiving yards on 10 catches. The guy is a home-run play in the making. He and classmate Dane Key could be in for a huge year working with Devin Leary.

Dallas Turner, Alabama LB

Yes, it’s about time I got to a defensive player. Turner might not have had the 2022 that some (myself included) expected, but don’t get it twisted. He’s still as dangerous as any edge rusher in America. Perhaps with Will Anderson off to the NFL, we’ll see Turner shine in a different way this year. There’s a reason why he’s still showing up all over the way-too-early mock drafts. Anderson said that Turner “is gonna be the next Alabama great.” The former 5-star recruit has a unique combination of power and speed that’ll put him at the top of every opposing scouting report this year.

Harold Perkins, LSU LB

I don’t care where you want to put Perkins. In the box, off the edge, heck, put him in the locker room at the start of the play. He’ll find a way to come off the snap like he’s shot out of a cannon and destroy a ball-carrier. That’s what he does. Go ask Arkansas, who had to witness Harold Perkins Day in Fayetteville last year when he had 6 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and it felt like he hurried Malik Hornsby every other play. But Perkins was far more than just 1 game. He had 13.5 tackles for loss as a true freshman. Never mind the fact that he didn’t really become an every-down player until the latter half of the season. You could make a strong case that he’s already the best defensive player in the sport. He’s certainly one of the most explosive.

Maason Smith, LSU DL

If you disagree with Smith being on this list because he’s yet to play a full season as a starter, you’re basically saying you’re only looking at the box score. Watch the guy play this year and tell me he’s not one of the most explosive players in America. Even in those 8 snaps he played before going down with a season-ending ACL tear celebrating someone else’s play on the first series against Florida State, you saw it. His ability to shed blocks and play inside or outside at his size is Jalen Carter-like. Does that mean he’ll be Carter 2.0? No, but he’s got the best chance of any player in the SEC to follow in the footsteps of the Georgia All-American.

If you can buy stock in any SEC player, go with Smith and watch him take off.

Only 1 Bama player made the list...

Dallas Turner, LB

Edited by LTtxfan

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn Dallas Turner is player who injured Ewers

I sure 'nuff hope Ewers been taking up some ju-jitsu and learning how to fall... 

And, I want the first play to put at least three of those 300 lb plus OL right over Turner's face. I also want that to be only the first time that happens.

Make it so.

• Hook 'Em 3

SEC strength of schedule rankings 2023: Georgia lands easiest draw, Florida gets toughest slate

By Barrett Sallee      Jun 27, 2023 

uga-td.jpg

The 2023 college football schedule is loaded with enormous games, and that is most apparent in the SEC -- a conference that is home to the last four national champions. Strength of schedule is always a hot topic down the stretch in the current four-team College Football Playoff era, so we might as well savor this debate before the expanded 12-team CFP takes some of the fun away beginning in 2024.

Alabama will square off with LSU in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 4 in what will be a rematch of last year's thriller that gave the Tigers the upper hand in the SEC West. Both teams look to return to recent College Football Playoff glory in an era that is being dominated by the Georgia dynasty. Speaking of the Bulldogs, their quest to three-peat seems relatively clear, but you never know when that inexplicable upset could pop up. 

Outside of the conference, Florida will head to Utah in Week 1 and Alabama will host Texas in Week 2 -- both of which will be rematches of wild games that came down to the final seconds last season. 

Which teams have it easy? Which teams face a gauntlet? Let's break down the strength of schedule for each SEC team.

Screenshot_20230705-153023_kindlephoto-8627761.thumb.png.ebd8e97e169278b9f2086e21b6c5b52d.png

Screenshot_20230705-152915_kindlephoto-8559092.thumb.png.127ab43578881b85ab93be4b933ca7d5.png

Screenshot_20230705-152802_kindlephoto-8487653.thumb.png.50517911c3ff7a119df0f94090499238.png

Screenshot_20230705-152648_kindlephoto-8412170.thumb.png.18d3a1501189b0bccc2c62cec954fdae.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, LTtxfan said:

SEC strength of schedule rankings 2023: Georgia lands easiest draw, Florida gets toughest slate

By Barrett Sallee      Jun 27, 2023 

uga-td.jpg

The 2023 college football schedule is loaded with enormous games, and that is most apparent in the SEC -- a conference that is home to the last four national champions. Strength of schedule is always a hot topic down the stretch in the current four-team College Football Playoff era, so we might as well savor this debate before the expanded 12-team CFP takes some of the fun away beginning in 2024.

Alabama will square off with LSU in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 4 in what will be a rematch of last year's thriller that gave the Tigers the upper hand in the SEC West. Both teams look to return to recent College Football Playoff glory in an era that is being dominated by the Georgia dynasty. Speaking of the Bulldogs, their quest to three-peat seems relatively clear, but you never know when that inexplicable upset could pop up. 

Outside of the conference, Florida will head to Utah in Week 1 and Alabama will host Texas in Week 2 -- both of which will be rematches of wild games that came down to the final seconds last season. 

Which teams have it easy? Which teams face a gauntlet? Let's break down the strength of schedule for each SEC team.

Screenshot_20230705-153023_kindlephoto-8627761.thumb.png.ebd8e97e169278b9f2086e21b6c5b52d.png

Screenshot_20230705-152915_kindlephoto-8559092.thumb.png.127ab43578881b85ab93be4b933ca7d5.png

Screenshot_20230705-152802_kindlephoto-8487653.thumb.png.50517911c3ff7a119df0f94090499238.png

Screenshot_20230705-152648_kindlephoto-8412170.thumb.png.18d3a1501189b0bccc2c62cec954fdae.png

Another vote for the difficulty of gata's tough schedule... not buying aggy at #6 since above article ranks their schedule #11 in SEC.  

Edited by LTtxfan

I really hope you are trolling us with this statement and it is not an actual statement of belief.  The part about the chili, that is.  If it is not a troll, then you are about to learn a very painful lesson about Texans and chili...
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. That comment standing out like a turd in a punch bowl is an understatement. BBQ may be the latest thing Texas cuisine is known for, but chili is the original
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, Tomatillo said:

I get it, man. Texas is the home of chili. They are pretty proud of their stuff in cincy, and i like it. 

Not really chili though! I get it

The best chili you will find in Ohio is at the w

Waffle House

On 7/6/2023 at 7:21 PM, LTtxfan said:

Another vote for the difficulty of gata's tough schedule... not buying aggy at #6 since above article ranks their schedule #11 in SEC.  

At least we've got some good home games with Tennessee, Arkansas, and FSU. Maybe we can win 2 of those and make the drive home a bit easier.

Last year Utah and South Carolina wins made up for some of those close losses.

Edited by gatormarc

This list seems underwhelming...  🙄

Screenshot_20230716-063701_kindlephoto-4264748.thumb.png.3f9ae5394412b2f9c8395b500ab9fd95.png

The Southeastern Conference said goodbye to some of its superstar talent as players like Stetson Bennett, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Jahmyr Gibbs, Hendon Hooker and Will Levis all left the SEC behind for the NFL. 

Despite those departures, don't expect a drop off in talent this year in the nation's top college football conference. Stud athletes like Brock Bowers, Jayden Daniels and Raheim Sanders are ready to put up monster numbers and provide jaw-dropping highlights every weekend. 

Athlon Sports' college football analyst Steven Lassan recently published his list of the top-25 players in the conference. I took my own stab at it, but stuck to the offensive side of the ball. 

Here's my top-ten offensive players in the SEC for the 2023 college football season:

1. TE Brock Bowers, Georgia

Brock Bowers enters his junior season after putting together record-breaking freshman and sophomore campaigns. The 6-foot-4, 230 pound junior just keeps producing. Through two seasons, he 119 receptions for 1,824 yards and 24 total touchdowns. If he wins his third national championship as the best player on Georgia's offense, does he become the greatest college football player of all-time?

2. RB Quinshon Judkins, Ole Miss

As a freshman in 2022, Quinshon Judkins recorded 1,565 yards and 16 touchdowns while leading the conference with 76 missed tackles forced.

3. QB Jayden Daniels, LSU

After throwing for 2,913 yards, 17 touchdowns and only three interceptions on 68.6% passing in 2022, Jayden Daniels is considered the SEC's top returning quarterback in 2023 and has the potential to be in contention for the Heisman Trophy if things go according to plan in Baton Rouge. Daniels is a dangerous runner as well, and he recorded an additional 885 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns on the ground last year. He'll be surrounded by talent, and look for the Daniels/Malik Nabers combo to be consistent presence in the Tigers' offense this season.

4. OL JC Latham, Alabama

He started all 13 games last season for Alabama and had 29 knockdown blocks. The 6-foot-6, 330 pound junior from Wisconsin is projected to be an early draft pick next year.

5. RB Raheim Sanders, Arkansas

Raheim "Rocket" Sanders gets somewhat overshadowed by KJ Jefferson, but the running back put on an absolute clinic last year. Sanders had 1,443 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2022 to go along with his 271 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns. His 6.5 yards per carry led the conference amongst players with at least 100 rushes. 

6. WR Malik Nabers, LSU

Junior receiver Malik Nabers is back after leading the SEC in receptions with 72 last season. His 1,017 yards last year are the most amongst returning wide receivers as well. He has a chance to have a monster season with Daniels at quarterback and things looking really strong at LSU.

7. QB KJ Jefferson, Arkansas

KJ Jefferson is back for his redshirt senior year. He's produced in each of his two years as the starter, but Razorback fans are still waiting for him to take the next step and bring Arkansas to that next level. Still, finishing second in the SEC in total offense per game (298.9 yards) and being responsible for 33 total scores in 11 outings is not too bad.

8. WR Juice Wells, South Carolina

Juice Wells could be a serious problem for opposing secondaries in 2023. He recorded 68 receptions for 928 yards and six scores a year ago and looks to improve on those numbers after having even more time to build up chemistry with quarterback Spencer Rattler. He's a former two-time FCS All-American from his days at James Madison, where he is JMU's third all-time leader in receiving touchdowns.

9. QB Joe Milton III, Tennessee

A Michigan transfer in 2021, Joe Milton III looked really good in his two starts in 2022 while playing for the injured Hendon Hooker. In the Orange Bowl against Clemson, Milton completed 19 of 28 passes for 251 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions while rallying what could have easily been a discouraged Tennessee team to a blowout win over the Tigers. He has a cannon, now we just wait to see if he can put some touch on those passes.

10. WR Dominic Lovett, Georgia

Lovett caught 56 passes for 846 yards and 3 touchdowns in 2022 at Missouri. With former UGA wide receiver A.D. Mitchell now at Texas, Lovett has an opportunity to put up great numbers at UGA alongside Ladd McConkey, Rara Thomas, and of course, Brock Bowers.

image.png

6. WR Malik Nabers, LSU

Junior receiver Malik Nabers is back after leading the SEC in receptions with 72 last season. His 1,017 yards last year are the most amongst returning wide receivers as well. He has a chance to have a monster season with Daniels at quarterback and things looking really strong at LSU.

Juice Wells could be a serious problem for opposing secondaries in 2023. He recorded 68 receptions for 928 yards and six scores a year ago and looks to improve on those numbers after having even more time to build up chemistry with quarterback Spencer Rattler. He's a former two-time FCS All-American from his days at James Madison, where he is JMU's third all-time leader in receiving touchdowns.

Lovett caught 56 passes for 846 yards and 3 touchdowns in 2022 at Missouri. With former UGA wide receiver A.D. Mitchell now at Texas, Lovett has an opportunity to put up great numbers at UGA alongside Ladd McConkey, Rara Thomas, and of course, Brock Bowers.

aggy boycott incoming, don't they have the best WR room in the secsecsec???

😏

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20230716-063701_kindlephoto-4264748.thumb.png.3f9ae5394412b2f9c8395b500ab9fd95.png

The Southeastern Conference said goodbye to some of its superstar talent as players like Stetson Bennett, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Jahmyr Gibbs, Hendon Hooker and Will Levis all left the SEC behind for the NFL. 

Despite those departures, don't expect a drop off in talent this year in the nation's top college football conference. Stud athletes like Brock Bowers, Jayden Daniels and Raheim Sanders are ready to put up monster numbers and provide jaw-dropping highlights every weekend. 

Athlon Sports' college football analyst Steven Lassan recently published his list of the top-25 players in the conference. I took my own stab at it, but stuck to the offensive side of the ball. 

Here's my top-ten offensive players in the SEC for the 2023 college football season:

Brock Bowers enters his junior season after putting together record-breaking freshman and sophomore campaigns. The 6-foot-4, 230 pound junior just keeps producing. Through two seasons, he 119 receptions for 1,824 yards and 24 total touchdowns. If he wins his third national championship as the best player on Georgia's offense, does he become the greatest college football player of all-time?

As a freshman in 2022, Quinshon Judkins recorded 1,565 yards and 16 touchdowns while leading the conference with 76 missed tackles forced.

After throwing for 2,913 yards, 17 touchdowns and only three interceptions on 68.6% passing in 2022, Jayden Daniels is considered the SEC's top returning quarterback in 2023 and has the potential to be in contention for the Heisman Trophy if things go according to plan in Baton Rouge. Daniels is a dangerous runner as well, and he recorded an additional 885 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns on the ground last year. He'll be surrounded by talent, and look for the Daniels/Malik Nabers combo to be consistent presence in the Tigers' offense this season.

4. OL JC Latham, Alabama

He started all 13 games last season for Alabama and had 29 knockdown blocks. The 6-foot-6, 330 pound junior from Wisconsin is projected to be an early draft pick next year.

Raheim "Rocket" Sanders gets somewhat overshadowed by KJ Jefferson, but the running back put on an absolute clinic last year. Sanders had 1,443 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2022 to go along with his 271 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns. His 6.5 yards per carry led the conference amongst players with at least 100 rushes. 

6. WR Malik Nabers, LSU

KJ Jefferson is back for his redshirt senior year. He's produced in each of his two years as the starter, but Razorback fans are still waiting for him to take the next step and bring Arkansas to that next level. Still, finishing second in the SEC in total offense per game (298.9 yards) and being responsible for 33 total scores in 11 outings is not too bad.

A Michigan transfer in 2021, Joe Milton III looked really good in his two starts in 2022 while playing for the injured Hendon Hooker. In the Orange Bowl against Clemson, Milton completed 19 of 28 passes for 251 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions while rallying what could have easily been a discouraged Tennessee team to a blowout win over the Tigers. He has a cannon, now we just wait to see if he can put some touch on those passes.

image.png

I’d take a motivated Stewart over every WR on that list. 

On 7/16/2023 at 6:40 AM, LTtxfan said:

4. OL JC Latham, Alabama

6. WR Malik Nabers, LSU

image.png

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d take a motivated Stewart over every WR on that list. 

Luther Burden is about to have a monster year at Mizzou. Part of why he stayed and Lovett left is allegedly due to promises made by Drinkwitz heading into the offseason.

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Did they do this when aggy got in the league?

The tweet you quoted answers that question for you.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The tweet you quoted answers that question for you.

Look man, we both know I don't read shit too carefully. I'd love to lie to you and say that was a rhetorical question I asked. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 6:21 PM, LTtxfan said:

This cant be true about tOSU.  Peter Burns said it himself on secsecsec network this morning.  tOSU has an easier swchedule than uga.

I'll still hate that fanboy next year. And speaking of commentators/SXM personalities, Barrett Sallee is right up there as well.  He throws out the "Is Texas back" and laughs every time, and then says it like Texas fans go around say "we are back!".  Dipshit.  

• Rage+1 1

Yeah. I thought it was a given that they'd make UGA @ A&M happen in 2024 since it's the most talked about missed matchup from our annoying 12 year rotation.

But for some reason, they have Florida attached to A&M and Arkansas.

Since the 2012 expansion, the SEC has had 4 "off year" schedules that were not part of the set rotation. Either A&M or Arkansas (or both) were added.

2012 - UF @ A&M (lost @ Ole Miss and Auburn)
2013 - Arky @ UF (lost Ole Miss; would have played @ Arky under old rotation)

2020 - Arky @ UF; UF @ A&M
2024 - UF @ A&M (lost @ Auburn)

And of course, through the 10 seasons of the 12 game rotation, we also played both Arky and A&M twice.

We will miss out on Auburn again in 2024. The SEC doesn't seem to care about that rivalry.

aggy getting trolled... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Poll:  "If jawja, bama, geaux tigers, and vols are the consensus top 4 in the SEC preseason poll, who is next?"

Top responses were for wildcats and "Cocks", and that vols not a Top 4 team this yr in SEC. 

24 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

361938668_6616566185033045_6786787066930

Well, we're definitely a part of it.

All three of their rivals are down right now (Florida, Auburn, Georgia Tech); Oklahoma was canceled because of realignment.

They do have Tennessee on the road, but this is also a year that they only have 4 road games on the schedule so anyone else who might be able to sneak up on them (South Carolina, Ole Miss) has to come to Athens.

SEC media day news...

Josh Heupel welcomed Texas into the SEC — in a way — on Thursday at SEC Media Days on Nashville.

When asked about the Longhorns joining the SEC and who would get to claim the “UT” abbreviation, Heupel was clear.

“There’s only one real UT and only one real shade of orange,” Heupel said.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/josh-heupel-takes-jab-at-texas-and-its-shade-of-orange-at-sec-media-days/

2 minutes ago, n64ra said:

I glad Huepel acknowledges Texas and Burnt Orange as the only real UT and color of orange.

• Hook 'Em 2

Has there ever been smack talk over “who are the real Bulldogs” between UGA and Miss. State? Or “the real Tigers” with LSU and Mizzou? 

Have Miss. State and ATM ever fought about who wears “the real shade of maroon?” 

Has there ever been the battle of “the real OSU” that wears black and orange?

It’s not like we’re going to have a loser leaves town match with Tennessee over this stuff. 

Just released...

April 2023

"Say this for Shane Beamer: the guy is not afraid to put himself out there. South Carolina's head coach regularly shows his personality to the public...The latest example (April 2023) comes with this video, a quick sketch shot in the style of the cold opens from the hit sitcom The Office."

October 2022

Shaded: Beamer, South Carolina get last laugh on Mark Stoops, Kentucky

Leading a post-game celebration, Beamer says Mark Stoops "talked about stupid sunglasses and dancing" before donning shades in a victory dance

JOHN BRICE    OCT 10, 2022

Perhaps, sunglasses are an effective accessory on the road to changing a college football program.

At least from a cultural standpoint and as it pertains to the previously tepid Kentucky-South Carolina football rivalry in the Southeastern Conference’s Eastern Division.

The pretext: Second-year Gamecocks coach Shane Beamer arrived in July at SEC media days filming a stylized Tik Tok video that featured Beamer dancing and donning some sunglasses.

It was fun; it was in the moment, and it was a popular video that myriad athletics programs across multiple sports.

Blue-collar, Big Blue Nation leader Mark Stoops, his Kentucky program a preseason media darling, apparently took aim at Beamer when he made remarks that “changing a culture” is a lot more difficult than changing the climate.

“It's easy to change a climate,” Stoops said in Atlanta. “You just change the uniforms, talk a little game, dance around and put on some stupid sunglasses and you can change a climate."

When the two teams met Saturday night on the synthetic bluegrass of Kentucky’s Kroger Field, and with the Wildcats without starting quarterback Will Levis, South Carolina scored moments into the game, never trailed and nearly knocked Kentucky from the top 25 with its 24-14 win.

Not too hard to guess what props were featured on the Gamecocks’ postgame celebration inside the visitor’s locker room.

Beamer danced. Beamer wore sunglasses. Beamer had some comments.

“Make sure we’re classy in the postgame with the media, all right?,” Beamer told his players. “But at SEC Media Days, he (Stoops) talked about stupid sunglasses and dancing.”

At that point, multiple Gamecocks can be heard yelling, “Put em on, Coach!”

Beamer then donned the white, mirrored shades, flipped his hat backwards and led the South Carolina locker room in a joyous celebration.