Switzerland in the summer

ScooterHTX

^^^ That. 
Grindelwald, Interlaken, Lauteebrunnen… you can’t go wrong in that area. I rarely have the urge to go back to a vacation spot more than once, but I’d love to spend another week in Grindelwald. 

Edited by Your Mom
  • Like 3

montreux is the most story book place i've ever been in my life.  strangely, has the world's largest jazz fest.  also, a statue of freddie mercury. 

want to go to the interlaken music fest this year. 

Edited by elfenix

16 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Driving the Alps in the summer is breath taking.  Just be careful not to get lost and end up in Liechtenstein, it’s pretty easy to do.

Doesn’t sound so bad, money with your face on it for the day while driving down Dickbutt Blvd?  This popped up on the google.  

What country can be rented for $70000 a night?

Liechtenstein

Surprisingly, any citizen in the world can rent a microstate in Europe, Liechtenstein, for one day for $70,000. Travelers with that amount of cash have the opportunity to be the head of state for one day and even enjoy customized street names and temporary currency, among other things

If you fly into Geneva, head down to Chamonix in France and maybe go over to Zermatt.  Be prepared to be shocked by the price of regular items in Switzerland.  The more you try to convert the prices in your head, the more pissed you will be.  BUT its beautiful... simply amazing.  I would maybe go down to Chamonix and enjoy all there is to do in the valley and also go through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy.    

On 3/31/2023 at 6:59 PM, Your Mom said:

^^^ That. 
Grindelwald, Interlaken, Lauteebrunnen… you can’t go wrong in that area. I rarely have the urge to go back to a vacation spot more than once, but I’d love to spend another week in Grindelwald. 

We'll be in Lauterbrunnen and Wengen for a week in June, can't fucking wait....

• Hook 'Em 1

^^^ That. 

I think this is what we are going to do. Any recs on which of the 3 to in?

Best hikes?

Assume trains connect all 3?

Anyone stayed in Wengen?

Just trying to get an overall vibe of the area in the summer.

^^^ That. 

Best hikes?

Anyone stayed in Wengen?

^^^ That. 

Best hikes?

Anyone stayed in Wengen?

We rented a car in Frankfurt and drove down there.  Driving is easy there, similar rules, right side of the road, whatever map app you use here works there just as good.  

We stayed in Interlaken.  It’s the bigggest town of the three.  There is a train station there.  We did day trips to the other towns. Grindelwald was the most appealing to me, but Interlaken has more hotels and restaurants. The are all maybe 20 or 30 minutes from each other.  

We did a kayak tour on Lake Brienne.  Another day we took a tram up from Grindelwald to Kleinne Scheidegg and hiked a very easy 3 miles to Alpiglen and then a cog train back down to where we had started in Grindelwald after lunch staring up at the Eiger. It’s was amazing.  The hiking isn’t nearly as strenuous as you’d think.  The trams and trains take care of all the elevation for you and you aren’t as far above sea level as the mountains would lead you to believe.  

https://swissfamilyfun.com/jungfrau-region-eiger-trail/

13 hours ago, ScooterHTX said:

Best hikes?

Anyone stayed in Wengen?

We are staying in Wengen in June. Tons of great hiking, but looking at a map is your best option to see what works for you.

Trains and gondolas connect everything here. 

I prefer Wengen as it's a no car village, only accessible by train/gondola. Murren is the same setup, but much smaller.

image.thumb.png.ee81a5f70dcf50ca822a7e59f5dfe5f3.png