2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

A South Bend mayor raised more just in small donations than Beto & Castro's total Q3 numbers combined. Crazy. 

Yang had an impressive percentage of small-donor money.

Also interesting that Booker needed to raise 1.7 million in 10 days and was desperately asking everyone for money, and he only ended up with 2.3 million in small-dollar donations. I guess he got a lot of bigger checks in those 10 days.

Edited by Hank Kingsley

You folks that spew so much hatred at Pete perplex me. I can understand you preferring other candidates for whatever reason, but you treat him and other moderate democrats almost as badly as Trump and Republicans.

He has a decent common sense platform, and your over-the-top hatred makes you look unstable and unhinged. He’s certainly better than a Republican or Trump in office right now, even if his policies in some cases are more moderate or even have some elements of Republican thinking. That mindset of far left all or nothing makes moderates like me very nervous. We need people who can govern effectively, not fight windmills. You are hurting your party’s cause, much like the Tea Party hurt the Republicans ability to govern effectively. Don’t make the same mistake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

A South Bend mayor raised more just in small donations than Beto & Castro's total Q3 numbers combined. Crazy.

I don't think Beto and Castro were going to "STOP BERNIE AT ALL COSTS!" dinners with the elites.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You folks that spew so much hatred at Pete perplex me. I can understand you preferring other candidates for whatever reason, but you treat him and other moderate democrats almost as badly as Trump and Republicans.

lol

If Pete wins the nomination I will vote for him in the general.

His policies aren't adequate to meet the challenges of the day, he's vague, he punches left, and he's dishonest. He's not actively evil like Republicans, he's just a garbage Dem.

He has a decent common sense platform, and your over-the-top hatred makes you look unstable and unhinged.

He's got a middling platform and zero experience, history, appeal outside a very narrow band of white voters, or movement. It's a waste of everyone's time and actively harmful when he's actively attacking the policies and values that I think are important (taxation to fund social welfare and gun buybacks, specifically).

He was a much more appealing candidate to me when he wasn't punching left and looked like a young, vital progressive. Now he's a more appealing candidate to people who don't care much about progressive values and are happy to pre-compromise away the lives of the poor and indigent to make sure they get the most NPR-sounding candidate on offer.

He’s certainly better than a Republican or Trump in office right now, even if his policies in some cases are more moderate or even have some elements of Republican thinking. That mindset of far left all or nothing makes moderates like me very nervous. We need people who can govern effectively, not fight windmills. You are hurting your party’s cause, much like the Tea Party hurt the Republicans ability to govern effectively. Don’t make the same mistake.

If your actual concern is effective governance, why would you be supporting a gimmick candidate with zero non-white support in his 30s with no history of governing effectively at any level beyond fixing the sewers?

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol

If Pete wins the nomination I will vote for him in the general.

His policies aren't adequate to meet the challenges of the day, he's vague, he punches left, and he's dishonest. He's not actively evil like Republicans, he's just a garbage Dem.

I don't think this is fair and I'm not a fan of the "garbage dem" because I favor a pretty big tent, but seems like a reasonable position at this stage of the proceedings. 

I like Pete.  He has a ton of political talent and good core values and he's exceptionally smart.   He just has no political experience outside of his small city, and even worse, his inexperience shows in his naive and myopic vision.   I sincerely hope that he gets some seasoning in the state capital and/or Washington, plus greater exposure to people who aren't in his social class.   If he does, I think he'll be a kickass president when he's 50.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Amazing that you actually buy into this nonsense.

Fake news?

Just now, tantric superman said:

I don't think this is fair and I'm not a fan of the "garbage dem" because I favor a pretty big tent, but seems like a reasonable position at this stage of the proceedings.

It's a fair point.

because it's redundant, all Dems are garbage lol

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We know he attended a dinner "with the larger imperative of party unity". Maybe someone got on stage and talked shit about Bernie, maybe not. There is absolutely zero proof that Pete was doing anything nefarious. And considering he ran for DNC chair in 2017,  it's completely understandable why he'd be invited. 

It's such a reach and so conspiratorial that it's just another pathetic Bernie supporter talking point.  Do better. 

25 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If your actual concern is effective governance, why would you be supporting a gimmick candidate with zero non-white support in his 30s with no history of governing effectively at any level beyond fixing the sewers?

is this how you're supposed to pick candidates?  by considering who else likes them?  did you wait to see who supported bernie before you went all-in, or did you learn about what he believed in and agree?

12 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I like Pete.

I want to like Pete, I really do.  He would make a better president than any republican and most of the democrats, I would be happy to vote for him. 

However, he comes off as an entitled techbro douchebag.  Who the fuck writes their own autobiography at age 37?  Pete Buttigieg, that’s who. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I want to like Pete, I really do.  He would make a better president than any republican and most of the democrats, I would be happy to vote for him. 

However, he comes off as an entitled techbro douchebag.  Who the fuck writes their own autobiography at age 37?  Pete Buttigieg, that’s who. 

Coming from a guy that repeatedly defended Jeff Flake and Paul Ryan at some point, I'll take this as a good sign for Buttigieg. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Coming from a guy that repeatedly defended Jeff Flake and Paul Ryan at some point, I'll take this as a good sign for Buttigieg. 

Attack the messenger and I don’t think I’ve ever said a nice thing about Paul Ryan.  My defense of Flake was solely around him publicly condemning Trumpism.  Sick burn tho

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, Obama wrote his at 34.   

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

i wrote mine when i was 34 and i definitely come off as an entitled douchebag, so this checks out.

didn't obama write a couple of books during his ramp-up?  it's pretty common for someone running for president, at any age.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

pretty sure those dinners stopped 6+ months ago, along with bernie’s momentum. 

The guy with more money, donors, and volunteers than anyone else is dead. DEAD lol

It's all good. :)

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

is this how you're supposed to pick candidates?  by considering who else likes them?  did you wait to see who supported bernie before you went all-in, or did you learn about what he believed in and agree?

To enact progressive change we are going to need a large coalition and a motivated base and POC are the most important base the Democrats have. Nothing will get done by a coalition that is just white professionals making $100k+. The numbers aren't there and I am responding to someone talking as if they only care about pragmatic accomplishments and GETTING THINGS DONE.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The guy with more money, donors, and volunteers than anyone else is dead. DEAD lol

It's all good. :)

nah, just stagnant.  intentionally or not, he's providing cover for warren, who's going to win.  that's not nothing.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

To enact progressive change we are going to need a large coalition and a motivated base and POC are the most important base the Democrats have. Nothing will get done by a coalition that is just white professionals making $100k+. The numbers aren't there and I am responding to someone talking as if they only care about pragmatic accomplishments and GETTING THINGS DONE.

this is a fair point, and you were addressing him.

About the polls...you’ll notice some polls consistently have Biden about 10 points ahead of Warren and others consistently have Warren ahead of Biden by 3-5 points.  This can only be explained by some difference in the methodology.  My guess is the reliance on landlines vs cell phones to build data sets but it could easily be something else...any ideas?

09D9E109-C30D-4BC9-A0AC-C137BECB1B21_zps

Because this is now a documented phenomenon. 

I agree that she sucks. I don't like or care about Tulsi at all. The idea that she's a "Russian asset" is stupid on its face. Neither her nor Stein are being paid or directed by the Russians. Neither of them is receiving manila envelopes in a parking garage at 3AM. It is InfoWars for NPR listeners.

Thank you, Hugo, for providing a picture of the event I described with words. It's a pleasure working with you on multi-modal informational text.