2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

I thought this was kind of on point and a pretty good listen.  Elissa Slotkin, a freshman Dem, goes home and does town halls.

Dems have to stay focused.  I think they have a shot in most mixed districts if they try to stay above the fray, no matter how hard that is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/podcasts/the-daily/house-democrats-elissa-slotkin.html

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

wat

Republican in Democrat's clothing, who bitched to Fox News endlessly that her being left out of the September debate was unfair, now threatens to voluntarily skip October debate that she qualified for.

Image result for nodding gif

Nate's analysis, unsurprisingly, makes zero sense. There's a link she provides right there in the Tweet in which she makes the argument:

They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten.

And she's 100% correct about basically all of that.

It's amazing to me that people will clamor for huge structural change and then scoff when someone suggests that there are fundamental problems and specifically names those problems. Like, what are you recently-converted progressives even mad about? Do you seriously not understand that the DNC is a corporation-backed shill outfit and that mass media is the hegemonic dominion of the billionaire class?

How can the pundit class be so dumb and illiterate that they make ME defend Tulsi?

The entire debate setup is idiotic. There's nothing redeeming about any aspect of it. It is a complete failure at every conceivable level. It is content-free spectacle at a time when we need real substance.

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Pete’s fellow gays are not reacting well to this.

“We will implement solutions bold enough to meet the challenges the LGBTQ+ community faces while bringing the American people together to understand that our freedoms are bound up in each other.”

New Pete Now! 

(Crossposting to relevant threads)

Reminder to all my favorite Texans - even if you support another candidate, PLEASE sign up and attend the counter rally against Trump in Dallas.

A huge turnout against Trump’s presence and message in a place like Texas will garner big media attention and send a huge message nationwide.

Wear your Warren or Bernie or Pete gear but show up!!

• Like 1

Look, Beto has been talking out of his ass for the last month and Pete isn't going to let it slide.  I love Beto but he's let emotion take over and made some sloppy policy comments. 

Beto's recent talk about removing tax exemptions for churches that don't support same-sex marriage was dumb as well. Pete called him out. Now Warren's camp is chiming in. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, Beto has been talking out of his ass for the last month and Pete isn't going to let it slide.  I love Beto but he's let emotion take over and made some sloppy policy comments. 

Beto's recent talk about removing tax exemptions for churches that don't support same-sex marriage was dumb as well. Pete called him out. Now Warren's camp is chiming in. 

Yeah. I’m with these guys. You don’ have to do the marriages to keep tax exempt...

But I do believe we need to strip any church who actively endorse candidates of their tax exempt status.

I’m sorry bullshittery like “shiny objects” and “pocket change” are poll tested zingers.

They’re shitty and condescending.

Pete started the back and forth with Beto calling his stance on buybacks a shiny object.

I’m getting tired of Pete telling everyone what cannot be done because it’s too much.

And the “pocket change” snark at Warren actually pisses me off more. It’s dismissive and snobby.

That pocket change is out raising him and his LA fundraisers and $500 selfies.

Take a seat Pete.

LOL, how could "pocket change" be considered poll tested?!!! 

But yeah, Beto people hate Pete and this has been brewing for months. 

Beto backed away from the media for a while, then came all the Pete > Beto media talk, then Beto supporters were mad that the media didn't cover Beto properly, then they took their aim at Pete. O'Rourke's loudest supporters on Twitter are troublemakers that troll and shit post a ton of Buttigieg threads. They are almost conspiratorial with their beliefs that the media hates Beto. 

I'm sure Beto and his supporters will do a celebration when Pete eventually drops out. But make no mistake, Beto to this point has run an awful primary campaign with no strategy and no discipline.