2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, he clearly has no idea what he's doing. 

Most of the candidates don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Campaigning in this environment is probably more challenging than being president.

Pete is making more enemies than friends among the Dem factions with his rhetorical jabs.  It’s a bold strategy Cotton.  

I think he’s doing it to remain relevant and in the national conversation, let’s see if it pays off for him. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Most of the candidates don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Campaigning in this environment is probably more challenging than being president.

Pete is making more enemies than friends among the Dem factions with his rhetorical jabs.  It’s a bold strategy Cotton.  

I think he’s doing it to remain relevant and in the national conversation, let’s see if it pays off for him. 

He's more relevant right now than every candidate outside of Warren, Bernie, and Biden. 

Pete does a shit ton of media appearances and actually answers their questions. Everyone else freaks out and acts all offended on Twitter. It's kinda funny. I'm sure some desperate candidates will go after him at the debate tomorrow. They might knock him down, they might get a killshot and bury his campaign. I don't know. 

But at least to this point,  the 37 year old nobody from Indiana has shown he's way better at this than the vast majority of candidates. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, Beto has been talking out of his ass for the last month and Pete isn't going to let it slide.  I love Beto but he's let emotion take over and made some sloppy policy comments. 

Beto's recent talk about removing tax exemptions for churches that don't support same-sex marriage was dumb as well. Pete called him out. Now Warren's camp is chiming in. 

Aaaaaand Beto backtracks his original comments re: churches & tax exemptions

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He's more relevant right now than every candidate outside of Warren, Bernie, and Biden. 

Yeah, that was my point.  He wants to remain that relevant.  

Look man, I know you stan for Pete and it’s cool but you don’t have to act like Pete is beyond reproach and fight back against every criticism.  All the candidates have their flaws and missteps, even the best ones.  These are human beings after all.  They fuck up. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, that was my point.  He wants to remain that relevant.  

Look man, I know you stan for Pete and it’s cool but you don’t have to act like Pete is beyond reproach and fight back against every criticism.  All the candidates have their flaws and missteps, even the best ones.  These are human beings after all.  They fuck up. 

Hahahahahaha

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

But make no mistake, Beto to this point has run an awful primary campaign with no strategy and no discipline. 

His campaign was a dud from the beginning and then he found a niche by catering to white suburban liberal outrage.

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Yeah. I’m with these guys. You don’ have to do the marriages to keep tax exempt...

But I do believe we need to strip any church who actively endorse candidates of their tax exempt status.

Churches should pay taxes just like every other business

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mayor Pete is a vicious little gay bitch and I am here for it. He’s going to go after Warren’s fashion choices I bet. 

Oh yassssss

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hahahahahaha

The lack of self awareness by Hugo straight into my veins 

LMAO, this is ridiculous.

From the article: 

“It’s sad to see the potential self destruction of @PeteButtigieg, a rising star,” tweeted Adam Green, a cofounder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which backs Warren. “Tuesday will be a key trajectory moment. Does he attack the next President of The United States or take the high road and make positive waves by adding his unique voice to progressive issues of the day?”

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This play has actually worked out okay for Pete so far.  He’s getting a lot of unearned attention and exposure over this shit.  

The reactionary left should have just ignored him. 

The reactionary left clearly isn't mentally prepared for the general election yet. The GOP & Trump will actually say stuff that is insulting, unlike these out of context quotes that "offend" so many people. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The reactionary left clearly isn't mentally prepared for the general election yet. The GOP & Trump will actually say stuff that is insulting, unlike these out of context quotes that "offend" so many people. 

I have a feeling Trump is going to take the high road this time around.

• Haha 1

Trump has been redlining the country's engine for the past several years without any basic maintenance and this country is in need of more than a tune up. Our engine needs to be overhauled. A majority of the candidates are nowhere near qualified to fix this mess that trump will leave behind.

Pete is a young white collar professional that likes to tinker with engines on the weekend.

Beto worked at a Toyota dealership one summer but never walked near the maintenance area.

Yang is pushing ride sharing.

Kamala called Triple A for a tow one time and then had the tow truck driver arrested.

Biden worked on the Ford assembly line back in '72 and paid UAW dues once which he thinks was mighty white of him.

Bernie threw out his back while moving his 40 year old Snap-On tool box.

Warren designs car engines.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The primary thing that makes me dislike Pete is that he's dishonest and cynical. If he was dumb, that would be one thing, but I know he's smart.

But someone can be just smart enough to functionally become an idiot, so perhaps that's what's happening here.

1) If every American truly has choice and they choose the wonderful public alternative, how do we fund it without raising taxes?

2) How can you know the Trump tax cut rollback will fund the program if you don't even know how many people will be on it?

3) How can you guarantee that people can keep their plan and provider when your plan would set off piles of dynamite in the private health insurance market?

4) Why are you demonizing taxation to pay for services? Why are you using right-wing talking points? Is it because you think the taxes will be higher than the premiums or because taxes are just bad as a concept?

5) If you run as an anti-tax Blue Dog, what political recourse do you have to actually fund your plan if it grows?

6) Will private insurers be required by law to maintain their current operations so I can keep exactly what I have?

7) Will doctors be required by law to maintain their current operations so I can keep exactly what I have?

There are about a dozen more obvious flaws in this garbage, both from a fundamental policy standpoint and a basic political standpoint, but it would be fascinating for Pete or a surrogate to address those questions.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m sorry bullshittery like “shiny objects” and “pocket change” are poll tested zingers.

They’re shitty and condescending.

Pete started the back and forth with Beto calling his stance on buybacks a shiny object.

I’m getting tired of Pete telling everyone what cannot be done because it’s too much.

And the “pocket change” snark at Warren actually pisses me off more. It’s dismissive and snobby.

That pocket change is out raising him and his LA fundraisers and $500 selfies.

Take a seat eat a pussy, Pete.

fify

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The cynic in me wonders if these endorsements are coming out now because Team Bernie doesn’t like what they’re seeing in polling.

And it doesn’t hurt to have the youngest, hippest reps come out in support as people are questioning his age and health.

I think it's the second part driving the timing of this. They probably would have sat on them longer had the heart attack not happened.

You're putting as hard a negative spin on it as possible, but I think you guys can do better. The heart and spirit are in there, but I think you're leaving something on the field.

Go have a coffee, play around on the whiteboard, and let's get some more nuclear takes about how endorsements from the most visible and influential progressive young women of color in Congress are Bad, Actually.