Countdown To Kickoff.........

Steamboat1874

13 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Man a lot of great players have worn number 11 over the years.

Great job guys !

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

11 has been great to us!

I always enjoy it once we hit 12 days!  So many great players from 12 to zero 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

Is It Just Too Hot For Afternoon Kickoffs

Posted on 8/22/23 at 9:07 am
up vote19down vote20
bkm1.png
Look, this heat stuff is getting dangerous. 110 heat index is common this summer and they are saying it's going to get even worse.

If any SEC Team is scheduled on the SEC Plus stations why not let them switch to night games? Fans are going to be swooning in the afternoon sun.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/is-it-just-too-hot-for-afternoon-kickoffs/109420208/

I'd vote to move the game to 7:00 pm kickoff.  Sec folks agree.

Great Old post by @CowtownHorn

"Just want to give a shout out to this guy since we’re 10 days away. Those weren’t the greatest years for UT football but those 4 wins over OU were pretty damn awesome. I was in attendance for 2 of those 4 wins. My years in high school aligned with his years at Texas. I wanted to be just like him so I wore number 10 as well. The pass to Johnny Walker in the last minute of the 89 game is one of my favorite memories of the RRS."

92367CFF-7EE5-407A-B376-538AE2494117.jpeg

10 DAYS 🤘

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 DAYS 🤘

Jon+Aunes.jpg

God I remember the 1977 blOU game... it was so surreal. 

First, a new Texas trick play resulted in an interception, and OU took over at the Texas 14 with the game six seconds old. Then, on Texas' seventh offensive play, starting Quarterback Mark McBath was torn, spindled and mutilated and hobbled from view. On the team's 16th offensive play, with a couple of minutes remaining in the first quarter, Texas' second-string quarterback, Jon Aune, was crushed and towed away. So out trotted the third-team quarterback, Randy McEachern, whose college record reads like that of a guy not considered good enough to play for most junior colleges. So unknown is McEachern that when Aune went down, star Running Back Earl Campbell stood on the field wondering. "Golly, who's gonna quarterback us?"

https://vault.si.com/vault/1977/10/17/down-and-out-can-be-upsetting

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Old post by @CowtownHorn

"Just want to give a shout out to this guy since we’re 10 days away. Those weren’t the greatest years for UT football but those 4 wins over OU were pretty damn awesome. I was in attendance for 2 of those 4 wins. My years in high school aligned with his years at Texas. I wanted to be just like him so I wore number 10 as well. The pass to Johnny Walker in the last minute of the 89 game is one of my favorite memories of the RRS."

92367CFF-7EE5-407A-B376-538AE2494117.jpeg

10 DAYS 🤘

image.gif.921fd94d42b86113c23e4494d8d6b955.gif

• Hook 'Em 2