Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This nominee, whoever it is, will not get one Democratic vote.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Are you more or less confident about this prediction as you were about Hillary winning the election?

Almost said the same thing.

Also, Manchin can pretty much already get thrown in as 51.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The #1 issue for most voters is going to be the SCOTUS nominee's stance on freeing Brendan Avery and Adnan. Everything else is just petty politics. 

Nope. It’s protecting blacks, latinas, and the LGBTQs from the Trump gas chambers. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Kavanaugh is supposedly the top contender. Former clerk for Kennedy.

He was a short-lister, is on the DC Circuit, will get the highest marks from raters, and has non-activist leanings.

Also, was involved in the Vince Foster investigation and cute wife.

Edited by JBJ

They won't overturn Roe, they will just hold that all of the insane restrictions that states put on abortions are valid, effectively making abortion illegal in those states. So sure, in 2021 you can get an abortion in Texas, but first you have to name the fetus, throw it a birthday party, invite your parents, pass a calculus test, beat your doctor in an arm wrestling contest, obtain a court order allowing the abortion, inform the father who then has the option of forcing you to carry it to term, recite the alphabet backwards, and no abortions after the 3rd day of pregnancy. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They won't overturn Roe, they will just hold that all of the insane restrictions that states put on abortions are valid, effectively making abortion illegal in those states. So sure, in 2021 you can get an abortion in Texas, but first you have to name the fetus, throw it a birthday party, invite your parents, pass a calculus test, beat your doctor in an arm wrestling contest, obtain a court order allowing the abortion, inform the father who then has the option of forcing you to carry it to term, recite the alphabet backwards, and no abortions after the 3rd day of pregnancy. 

2021: The year that Fetus McFetusface became the most popular baby name.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

In all fairness he has been getting attacked from all sides. I don’t blame him for pushing back with some assholishness. He has been on the receiving end of plenty lately.

Link to said attacks? Johnny Sack is obviously a smart guy considering his accomplishments. I think he can acquit himself better and let his intelligence shine without some of the one liners he posts. There are valid criticisms of my posts as well.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You left out "transport yourself to Loving County".

3 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Thanks a lot, straight white guys, for putting the rest of us at risk.

The Supreme Court isn't about social progress.  It's about constitutionality.   There is no social progress branch of the federal government.  The more idiocy I read on this forum the more convinced I am that the biggest problem facing America today is the lack of quality high school civics class teachers.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The Supreme Court isn't about social progress.  It's about constitutionality.   There is no social progress branch of the federal government.  The more idiocy I read on this forum the more convinced I am that the biggest problem facing America today is the lack of quality high school civics class teachers.

It's almost as if you're too stupid to notice that SCOTUS has ruled on multiple cases impacting guys who aren't straight and white.  

• Like 5