Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I'm not very hopeful.  It will take some seriously coordinated messaging, and that will all have to dovetail with all the other transgressions being highlighted.  I just don't think there's much risk in the 'pubs pushing Trump's nomination through.

The problem is: those who understand it and agree with it are already voting Democrat. No one is going to swing because of it.

If I were consulting with Democratic leadership my message would be "don't overplay your hand". Run on the fact that a packed court is not good for your freedom/liberties. We need people in the Senate to fight for you.

24 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Like Cobra Kai, show no mercy when it comes to getting a conservative on the bench.

I've been saying it for a while: Republicans watch 80s movies and identify with the bad guys.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They won't see it as hypocrisy. A black man nominated Garland.  A white man will nominate the next Justice.  These are 2 different things, don't you see?

Yeah. It was race.  That’s what it was. God you’re a dumb fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We’re all hypocrites Senator

Bork

Thomas

Reid and his nuclear option

Reid doing the same thing in 2007 to numerous Bush appointees that Mitch did to Garland in 2016

Neither side is innocent. Neither side has the moral high ground.  

This is what I come here for. I don't want the new stuff. Just play the fucking hits!

Both sides! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

hahaha

While the second half of this quote is garbage, I'm now convinced that this is the correct strategy.  Making this a campaign issue is NOT what the Democrats want.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump/McConnell start to drag their feet on this nomination.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

While the second half of this quote is garbage, I'm now convinced that this is the correct strategy.  Making this a campaign issue is NOT what the Democrats want.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump/McConnell start to drag their feet on this nomination.

100% correct. The majority of Americans are pretty conservative when it comes to the Court. And if this is still on the table come November, it's advantage Republicans.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Sure it was.  Kind of like how you pick tenants for your properties.  

And you really are a piece of shit.

I don’t even pick my tenants. My management company does. I do like renting to Hispanics. They on average tend to take pride in their homes and pay on time compared to whites and blacks.  

I guess that simple observation makes me a racist against whites and blacks. 

Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society will advise Trump again. Gorsuch, one of the 21 on the Federalist Society's list, is the type of judge the Federalist Society champions.

Pro-Lifers hated the pick because it was widely known Gorsuch supports an individual's right to be left alone (privacy).

Gorsuch is also a champion of precedent, which makes it highly unlikely he or the Court would ever overrule Roe. If Leo has Trump's ear again, we will probably see another liberal (classic) nominee akin to Gorsuch.

If you are looking for judges as legislators, you will not like the Federalist Society's picks. The Society clings to the separation of powers - where legislators create law, the executive executes the laws, and the judiciary interprets laws. Frankly, the executive branch has been delegated too much power by Congress. Way down in the weeds, it is time to relook at the Chevron doctrine. 

Gorsuch was a good pick all around. He provides some geographic diversity, which is greatly needed in the full time DC world we created. Gorsuch is a strong supporter of individual liberty. And he is a judge who honors precedent, which provides certainty.

The last thing this country needs is cultural war  - although partisans of both parties appear eager to engage.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Lol at the lefties showing their true colors in here. Whats the solution when democracy doesn't give you what you want? Violence of course!

Cite every post and poster advocating violence.  Come on, do it.

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

100% correct. The majority of Americans are pretty conservative when it comes to the Court. And if this is still on the table come November, it's advantage Republicans.

The problem is, and I'm already seeing it on this board and twitter, is that many Democrats want blood for the Garland debacle.  They won't like their leadership allowing a nominee to go through, even if it might be the smart move in the long run.

This is going to be ugly.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Lol at the lefties showing their true colors in here. Whats the solution when democracy doesn't give you what you want? Violence of course!

None of those neck bearded wimps scare anyone. 

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I hope McConnell gets another SC justice confirmed before the midterms. Like Cobra Kai, show no mercy when it comes to getting a conservative on the bench. Going hardball, scorched earth is generally not the right call, BUT it was worth doing when it comes to picking justices on the Supreme Court.  I am glad the Republicans got Gorsuch on the bench and denied Garland a confirmation hearing. That move by the Republicans has already paid huge dividends with the decision in Janus. Getting 2 conservative justices on the SC will help blunt the stupidity of an unqualified hack like Sotamayor and blatant liberal bias of Ginsburg.  

So you want a completely lock-step conservative SCOTUS? Not only is that a bad idea, it's a fucking horrible idea. At best you want a balanced court with a swing justice or two. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The problem is, and I'm already seeing it on this board, is that many Democrats want blood for the Garland debacle.  They won't like their leadership allowing a nominee to go through, even if it might be the smart move in the long run.

It's a stupid strategy because there is no recourse.  This is one of those situations where the water is literally under the dam </stoops>.

Gorsuch won't be impeached save some kind of blockbuster finding by Mueller that completely invalidates the Trump election.  That's so unlikely to happen that anyone should be mocked for floating the idea as possible.  So, Gorsuch is in for life.  MOVE ON.  Fight the next battle on its merits.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t even pick my tenants. My management company does. I do like renting to Hispanics. They on average tend to take pride in their homes and pay on time compared to whites and blacks.  

I guess that simple observation makes me a racist against whites and blacks. 

Yes, it does make you racist against whites and blacks.  We've been through this already.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The problem is, and I'm already seeing it on this board and twitter, is that many Democrats want blood for the Garland debacle.  They won't like their leadership allowing a nominee to go through, even if it might be the smart move in the long run.

no it won't. there will calls for civility and the Democrats will capitulate.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dude, he supports a bunch of Haitians.  In their squalor.

God forbid he sponsor a visa, right, and really give them a chance?  Gives them 20 bucks each to pay for religious indoctrination school down there.  For sure though, he wants them to stay down there.

Edited by FondrenRoad

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10646711

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Republicans would love to turn this into a Supreme Court/abortion battle as a distraction from trump and his failings.