Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There won't be any distraction.

This November is a referendum on Donald Trump. Full stop.

Dems are known for tuning our for mid term elections. You should be more confident than you were about Madame President Clinton. 

4 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Republicans would love to turn this into a Supreme Court/abortion battle as a distraction from trump and his failings.

Bingo.

The current Republican party consists of Trump nuts and people who don't support Trump. Those who don't support Trump will stay at home unless they have a reason not to. A SCOTUS battle will get them out.

I'm sure Trump will use sound judgement and nominate someone eminently qualified to serve on the Supreme Court just like all his other nominations. He's going to listen to the rest of the GOP and pick who they tell him to pick because he respects their opinions and is afraid of losing their support.

5 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

“Made”

Every asset I own is from my own earnings.  I know that’s hard to understand for people who don’t know how to make money.  Losers have to think people with success didn’t do it on their own.  Makes them explain away their lot in life.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I'm sure Trump will use sound judgement and nominate someone eminently qualified to serve on the Supreme Court just like all his other nominations. He's going to listen to the rest of the GOP and pick who they tell him to pick because he respects their opinions and is afraid of losing their support.

*judgment

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Every asset I own is from my own earnings.  I know that’s hard to understand for people who don’t know how to make money.  Losers have to think people with success didn’t do it on their own.  Makes them explain away their lot in life.  

We believe you.

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This guy sarcasms. 

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

So you want a completely lock-step conservative SCOTUS? Not only is that a bad idea, it's a fucking horrible idea. At best you want a balanced court with a swing justice or two. 

At best, I want Ginsburg and Sotamayor to be put in a corner where they can wail and gnash their teeth with no consequence on actual decisions being rendered. It’s better to have a couple of neutered leftists on the bench to mock and pity than to have an all conservative SCOTUS. 

Johnny Sack loves himself so much.  You can tell because he says so.

In all fairness he has been getting attacked from all sides. I don’t blame him for pushing back with some assholishness. He has been on the receiving end of plenty lately.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t care.  I believe you are probably poor. It’s my best guess. Maybe you aren’t.  

You and I occupy the same social class. I grew up with you. I played golf at the country club with you. I hunted with you. I went to camp with you. I went to college with you.

I know everything about you.

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

In all fairness he has been getting attacked from all sides. I don’t blame him for pushing back with some assholishness. He has been on the receiving end of plenty lately. 

don't act like he hasn't evolved into a pure troll account at this point.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You and I occupy the same social class. I grew up with you. I played golf at the country club with you. I hunted with you. I went to camp with you. I went to college with you.

I know everything about you.

Worst country club ever.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

At best, I want Ginsburg and Sotamayor to be put in a corner where they can wail and gnash their teeth with no consequence on actual decisions being rendered. It’s better to have a couple of neutered leftists on the bench to mock and pity than to have an all conservative SCOTUS. 

Like I said, a fucking horrible idea.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess you missed the 60s.

I think you mean the 70s right?  the violence of the 70s resulted in  Reagan/Bush living in the white house for 12 years. 

People just need to show up at the ballot box and get involved in government if they don't like the direction the country is headed.   This violence rhetoric is undermining the democratic candidates this fall.

• Like 1