Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I don’t think he will, but Trump nominating a woman to SCOTUS would be the ultimate Trump card. 

Unless it's Maryann Trump Barry, Judge Judy, Judge Jeanine, or Tiffany with a year of law school under her belt, not a snowball's chance Trump nominates a woman.  Or anyone who is not  a white male.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s not going to nominate one of his Fox News soldiers, he needs them to keep brainwashing audiences.

So we're down to Yury Chaika and Maryanne Trump Barry.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s not going to nominate one of his Fox News soldiers, he needs them to keep brainwashing audiences.

If you think he has a strategic bone in his body you're mistaken.  He will nominate whoever rises to the top of his stunted syaptic stack while he sits on the shitter.  (Holy alliteration, Batman!)

17 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I don’t think he will, but Trump nominating a woman to SCOTUS would be the ultimate Trump card. 

Right-wing conception of gender politics is hilarious. It's like when they finally have a black or gay on their side. It's so new and novel to them they think the libs will be so impressed and shocked, but the libs have women, blacks, and gays everywhere already.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Right-wing conception of gender politics is hilarious. It's like when they finally have a black or gay on their side. It's so new and novel to them they think the libs will be so impressed and shocked, but the libs have women, blacks, and gays everywhere already.

You guys gender politics were great too. Vote for Hillary because she has a pussy but no other reason was fucking brilliant.  Played great in Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.  

That’s some 4d chess shit right there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You guys gender politics were great too. Vote for Hillary because she has a pussy but no other reason was fucking brilliant.

I'm sorry, what?  Defend that assertion.  She was easily as qualified as anyone in the race, vagina nothwithstanding.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, what?  Defend that assertion.  She was easily as qualified as anyone in the race, vagina nothwithstanding.

Her entire marketing was she was a woman. Nothing else. She couldn’t articulate why she deserved a vote. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're absolutely fucking insane.  Sorry, man, but you're off the reservation 0.5% BAC insane.  What fucking planet do you live on these days?

Can you explain?  What did that woman accomplish outside of failing the DC bar exam and getting jobs based on her husband?

Besides her cattle future trading that was a billion to one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Can you explain?  What did that woman accomplish outside of failing the DC bar exam and getting jobs based on her husband?

Do you feel the same way about W? 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

No.  He was a successful governor of Texas.  

Right. Hillary was a US Senator. I'm not sure why its fair to say she only got that position because her husband, while the same doesn't apply to W as Gov.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, she did kill Gaddafi.  Remember her famous bragging montage about it stealing from Caesar?

I saw on Twitter today that someone described her now as the, "drunken parent who shows up at little games to heckle."

Edited by AnonymousInternetPoster
while wearing a back brace and her ambulance on call behind home plate...

Can one of you #imstillwithher fairies tell us why Hillary deserved her party’s nomination?  

The same reason anyone deserves a party's nomination: she convinced delegates that she was the best candidate to promote the party platform.

Edited by David Dennison

She was a successful United States Senator and Secretary of State.

Edited by David Dennison

Boy this thread has just about everything for everyone.

Kennedy was thought to be very conservative judge when he was appointed, albeit he was Reagan's third choice after Bork and Ginsberg's nominations were scuttled.  He has been pretty consistently conservative in many of his views, especially those involving free market ideas.  Where he has become the "swing" judge has been primarily on human rights issues, such as gay rights in particular.  This year's wedding cake opinion appeared to be one where he probably struggled most, with two primary interests running counter to each other.  Perhaps it explains why the ruling was so narrow.

If I were to guess at his reasons for retiring, it would be that he's over 80, he's tired (and perhaps but hopefully not ill), there is a Republican president and senate in place, and to the extent he hopes that his successor follows in his footsteps, he thinks it is more likely that a similarly minded judge will be appointed now than under a Democratic president (and most certainly a Democratic president with a Democratic Party controlled senate). 

Ascribing more to this than these basic points is crazy talk.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

it is more likely that a similarly minded judge will be appointed now than under a Democratic president

You think who Trump picks will be more "swing" than Merrick Garland would have? lol ok bud

Also, this country is stupid...

The Kennedy, Kushner, and Trump Connection: A Curious Conversation and A Business Deal

The transaction was so highly leveraged that the cash flow from rents amounted to only 65 percent of the debt service.

Who came to the rescue? None other than LNR Property, the company whose CEO at the time was Justin Kennedy. According to the NYT and the Real Deal, Mr. Kushner and LNR “reached a possible agreement with LNR Property, a firm specializing in restructuring troubled debt and which oversees the mortgage, that would allow him to retain control of the tower by modifying the terms of the $1.2 billion mortgage tied to the office portion of the building.”

Edited by bad_teammate

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

RhGDs6I.png&hash=55c89bf57556f1342919540

I would almost bet he does.  Puts the "pro-woman, anti-misogynous" Democrats in a damned if we do and damned if we don't predicament. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're absolutely fucking insane.  Sorry, man, but you're off the reservation 0.5% BAC insane.  What fucking planet do you live on these days?

Let me come out and say what half this board is thinking but doesn't feel it is worth the time and effort to make the point.  You are an idiot.  Have you not heard one damn word from her mouth after the election?  Every time someone sticks a microphone in her face she blames conservative men for forcing their wives and daughters to vote for Trump.  She plays the white men are afraid of powerful women card at every speech she gives.  She is to gender politics what the old guy with the salt and pepper hair and beard was to Dos Equis commercials.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Let me come out and say what half this board is thinking but doesn't feel it is worth the time and effort to make the point.  You are an idiot.  Have you not heard one damn word from her mouth after the election?  Every time someone sticks a microphone in her face she blames conservative men for forcing their wives and daughters to vote for Trump.  She plays the white men are afraid of powerful women card at every speech she gives.  She is to gender politics what the old guy with the salt and pepper hair and beard was to Dos Equis commercials.

All that and she still wound up with three million more votes than Donald Trump. 

That's impressive.