Europe (winter)

Js1

What do I do?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Eastern Europe (Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Copenhagen)
    • Mediterannean (Marrakesh, Istanbul, Athens, Cyprus(?))
    • Central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Italy)
    • IDGAF or other
    • I hope you end up like those dumbfucks in Hostel

44 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

It's not the cold and snow - which is great.  It's if it's wet and/or gray with very little daylight that could feel like a bummer

Eh, that was my entire time in AMS and Brussels.  Didn't bother me.  Oddly enough, wet/gray and dark is my favorite weather.  As long as I can get my stuff done during the daylight hours.

The Christmas Markets in Germany (and I guess Austria as well) would be my #1 destination in Europe in December... PERIOD! (That includes everywhere that you didn't list as well as the ones you did.)

Bavaria & Salzburg would probably be the best. Drinking glüwein and German dulces.

That is fucking Christmas!

None. I love Europe, and am in Paris right now, but no way I would go in the winter unless I had a specific reason. Not worth the hassle or cost IMO. Nothing outside of ski resorts are open, and if they are, it would be a miserable experience. Walking in the cold, howling wind sucks. (Take it from a “Yankee”) Travel logistics are also heavily affected. Flights are constantly cancelled as are trains. It’s grey, damp, early nighttime and unpleasant.

Go Southern Hemisphere. Australia/NZ are great in December. Or Rio and Cartagena/Medellin or Bogota/Lima/Cusco-Manchu Picchu.

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

None. I love Europe, and am in Paris right now, but no way I would go in the winter unless I had a specific reason. Not worth the hassle or cost IMO. Nothing outside of ski resorts are open, and if they are, it would be a miserable experience. Walking in the cold, howling wind sucks. (Take it from a “Yankee”) Travel logistics are also heavily affected. Flights are constantly cancelled as are trains. It’s grey, damp, early nighttime and unpleasant.

Go Southern Hemisphere. Australia/NZ are great in December. Or Rio and Cartagena/Medellin or Bogota/Lima/Cusco-Manchu Picchu.

First off, bucko, it's already booked.

Secondly, I literally had none of those issues last December. Even with the rain and snow. Still went to Versailles, still went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, still did the Louvre, etc.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Secondly, I literally had none of those issues last December. Even with the rain and snow. Still went to Versailles, still went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, still did the Louvre, etc.

Have fun!

Sounds to me you know what to do, then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk