Guns

Gil Bang

50 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

What kind of person do you have to be to respond like that? If what @BearSchlongsaid is accurate, the grandfather thought he had emptied his weapon (1) and then placed it out of reach (2). Now, our standards now for securing a gun are more stringent than that, but what he did was probably extra careful for his generation. 

The generation that taught me to handle guns also taught the grandfather and I assure you they were extremely fastidious and had incredibly high standards. They would put a gun in the hands of a 7 year old and say “this is not a toy,” and then go through all the things you could do with it they would whip you for, like leaving a round in the chamber or pointing the gun at anything you didn’t intend to shoot. 

People make terrible mistakes sometimes. Driving when you are too drunk to avoid a crash is one. Leaving a loaded gun where a toddler can get it is another. it’s sad. But it’s not a generational thing.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

What kind of person do you have to be to respond like that? If what @BearSchlongsaid is accurate, the grandfather thought he had emptied his weapon (1) and then placed it out of reach (2). Now, our standards now for securing a gun are more stringent than that, but what he did was probably extra careful for his generation. But you don't miss a beat and go out and lump him in with a group of traitors who wished to subvert the very fabric that holds our country together? 

He thought the gun was out of reach? Why wasn't the gun locked in a safe? Oh well, oops, I thought kiddo couldn't reach the weapon. My mistake.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

What kind of person do you have to be to respond like that? If what @BearSchlongsaid is accurate, the grandfather thought he had emptied his weapon (1) and then placed it out of reach (2). Now, our standards now for securing a gun are more stringent than that, but what he did was probably extra careful for his generation. But you don't miss a beat and go out and lump him in with a group of traitors who wished to subvert the very fabric that holds our country together? 

Negligence is negligence and it doesn't make a fuck if you really really meant to do the thing good. His ass should be in prison. I don't give one iota of a fuck how bad he feels about how badly he fucked up or how he did good for a boomer and will do better next time.

• Hook 'Em 3

The solution here is obvious.

If the one year old in the OP had its own gun it could have defended itself. If the two year old in Nac had been properly armed and trained it wouldn’t have made such a mistake.

The state should expand second amendment rights by providing free weapons and training to all children at birth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He thought the gun was out of reach? Why wasn't the gun locked in a safe? Oh well, oops, I thought kiddo couldn't reach the weapon. My mistake.

My son when he was two taught me there is nothing out of reach.