No Labels Party - What does it mean for 2024?

Horndog

I've been hearing a bit lately about the "No Labels" Party, which I know almost nothing about.  The group claims not to be more of a movement than a party, and they have "members" in Congress from both parties, e.g. Henry Cuellar, Joe Manchin, Susan Collins, Krysten Sinema, etc.  But they seem to have an aggressive strategy for 2024, which they call their "Insurance Policy": 

"In poll after poll, two-thirds of American voters are unhappy with the choices they are likely to have in the 2024 presidential election. No Labels is working to give the American voters a better choice should they want it. We have a strategy to get on 50 state ballots and the District of Columbia in time to potentially offer our ballot line to an independent Unity Ticket in 2024 if that’s what the American people want. " https://www.action.nolabels.org/articles/9-labels-2024-insurance-project-faq

To date, they have been recognized in Colorado, Alaska, Utah, Oregon, North Carolina, and Arizona, and they claim that they are on track to be on the presidential ballot in 28 states by the end of the year.  https://2024.nolabels.org/

While the stated goals seem laudable, I am afraid of anything that alters the normal election structure in 2024.  I still have nightmares about the Ralph Nader effect in 2000.  I would expect this to do nothing but drain off votes from Biden in the true battleground states.  Am I right to secure my seat on the ledge now? 

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

No Labels is a Republican ratfucking operation that hopes to get Trump re-elected.

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It's 100% designed to take votes from Biden. 

Probably. But when I spy of Trumpkin Radio, they're all a-frothy at it in an angry way.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So their most successful outcome would be that no one gets to 270 and then each state gets 1 vote in the House? sounds like a winning idea.

No, they are hoping that this ticket pulls enough votes away from Biden so that Trump gets to 270.

42 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

No, they are hoping that this ticket pulls enough votes away from Biden so that Trump gets to 270.

Sinema knows she has no shot to win her primary, so this is her only chance to keep grifting. Manchin probably has a better chance to keep his seat in West Virginia without a D next to his name. He'd probably mostly caucus with the Ds, but would probably sell a vote or too on more progressive legislation. Collins gets to play concern troll and likely keeps her seat anyway. Cuellar is probably doing this to blackmail the Democratic Party not to primary him and risk losing another D district in the Valley. 

And they're all probably getting paid for this. 

• Hook 'Em 2