Blue Beetle

CastHorn

I caught a screening of Blue Beetle at the Grand Lake Theater in Oakland tonight. I’m just out on the West Coast killing time. Apparently a Hurricane is making landfall In SoCal this weekend. Wtf? Anyways, the movie doesn’t reinvent the wheel in the genre. It actually utilizes a ton of tropes we’ve seen before over the last twenty years.  Though the action was top-notch, the VFX/Practical combo looked great on screen, and the Xolo casting really shines. Pleasantly surprised. (6.8/10)  

Edited by CastHorn

I went and saw it last night. I was surprised at how much I not only enjoyed the movie, but how good it was. There was a good sized group of young Hispanic folks (mostly women I believe) that thoroughly enjoyed this one. It is cool to see a young Hispanic superhero and grandma went hard in the paint in this one. George Lopez was actually also pretty good in his role.  I would absolutely go back and watch a sequel to this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't seen it yet, but certainly planning on it. I met Xolo a couple of weeks ago in San Antonio and the kid has a great personality and perspective for his age. I'm rooting for him. 

I grew up reading about Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne and Luke Skywalker. I loved those characters, but I never really had a Jaime Reyes as a superhero to root for. This generation will and I'm super pumped about that. Vamos Blue Beetle! 

Finally saw It. Damn fun film. Xolo and George were both Chingon. Great cast all around. The story outshined the superhero effects. Even paid homage to El Chapulin Colorado. Blue Beetle por vida. Or at least one more movie with Bruna Marquezine.  

• 3 weeks later...