Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I can see where a shooter is what’s missing, but that would be a strong team with all of the experienced upper classmen plus booker.

I agree.  I think one of Maul/Codio is gone though.  

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, we flipped with USC and now are the #2 seed with USC (so #5 overall).

I find Creme's bracket a little lazy.  He really shoved KSU, Baylor and Texas all in Portland 4.  OU is in Albany 2 and WV is in Portland 3.  

Also 3 SEC teams are in the First Four, so he guesses we have to watch at least 1 SEC/SEC matchup (aggy-Vandy is what he has now) 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

If no one leaves next year, we have:

COVID SR:

Holle
Jones
Gaston

SR: (both have extra seasons due to medical RS)

Moore
Harmon

JR: 

Jak
Graves
Muhammad
Codio

SO:

Boutilier
Booker
Maul
Herron

FR:

Carlton
Lee
Preston

That puts us at 16 - Graves will probably go off scholarship (we had an open one so she got it for this year), so that knocks us to the max of 15.  We will need attrition if we want to find a 3 point shooter in the portal.

i wouldn’t expect Boutilier on the team next year.

I also would add going into the SEC we need a more athletic big . Just my opinion 

Vic wants to go inside, most likely why we don’t take a lot of 3”s so if that’s the case how bout getting more athletic down low. Also wouldn’t hurt for rebounding purposes 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, torre said:

Iowa St 38   OU 24   at the half.     Speed of game is noticeable.  

Baranczyk will have to earn her CoY rep in the 2nd half.

Well its now 60-41 ISU lol

I mean, we aren't going to get a #1 seed because of USC, so I'm fine with playing ISU instead of OU.  Assuming we beat KState.

We owe ISU for last year's Big 12 finals. We beat them 81-60 already. 

62-43 ISU after 3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

I mean, we aren't going to get a #1 seed because of USC, so I'm fine with playing ISU instead of OU.  Assuming we beat KState.

We owe ISU for last year's Big 12 finals. We beat them 81-60 already. 

62-43 ISU after 3. 

T’Vondre’s cousin owns the paint …

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

As expected, we flipped with USC and now are the #2 seed with USC (so #5 overall).

I find Creme's bracket a little lazy.  He really shoved KSU, Baylor and Texas all in Portland 4.  OU is in Albany 2 and WV is in Portland 3.  

Also 3 SEC teams are in the First Four, so he guesses we have to watch at least 1 SEC/SEC matchup (aggy-Vandy is what he has now) 

I’ll gladly take a 2 if USC is the one.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I’ll gladly take a 2 if USC is the one.

Out of all the potential 1s, yes.  Want nothing to do with SC (obviously) or Iowa (their 3 point shooting scares me and Clark can go nuclear). Stanford always scares me with their length with Brink and their shooting with Jump and Tara is such a good coach.   And she works the refs when it comes to games with Texas - she hates Vic's physical style of play. 

I actually really want a Booker-JuJu matchup in the Elite 8.  That would be a rating bonanza. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Out of all the potential 1s, yes.  Want nothing to do with SC (obviously) or Iowa (their 3 point shooting scares me and Clark can go nuclear). Stanford always scares me with their length with Brink and their shooting with Jump and Tara is such a good coach.   And she works the refs when it comes to games with Texas - she hates Vic's physical style of play. 

I actually really want a Booker-JuJu matchup in the Elite 8.  That would be a rating bonanza. 

Brink played like a poor woman’s version of Jones yesterday against USC. Of course in the tournament she’ll go back to being a beast, especially if they play us. 

I hate how girls rebound.  They just slap the ball around instead of trying to take possession.  I'm not talking about 2 players going up to grab a rebound at the apex of their jump and trying to tip it to a teammate.  The girls just constantly swat/bat at it, mostly over the back, etc.  It's maddening.  

Just now, Hondo said:

I hate how girls rebound.  They just slap the ball around instead of trying to take possession.  I'm not talking about 2 players going up to grab a rebound at the apex of their jump and trying to tip it to a teammate.  The girls just constantly swat/bat at it, mostly over the back, etc.  It's maddening.  

I agree. We’ve had a couple would be rebounds that didn’t go our way. Grab it and secure it 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

All things considered, our D is holding up really well so far. Need to keep doing it. The Gonzales bombs obviously have been big. 

“Let Lee have hers and make everyone else beat us” is working.  Which I’m all in favor of. Plus we just keep throwing post players at her. 

Shay Holle is playing hard and looking damn fine doing it.  

Her value lies in being an incredibly athletic fast-twitch 6-footer who's smart and understands the game.  She does everything except score a lot (but others are able to because of what she does).  

Some serious genes in that family.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

“Let Lee have hers and make everyone else beat us” is working.  Which I’m all in favor of. Plus we just keep throwing post players at her. 

I like the strategy. It might work even better if she's not allowed to camp in the paint. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I like the strategy. It might work even better if she's not allowed to camp in the paint. 

She’s allowed to do what she wants. It’s been that way for a while. Either the refs don’t care or don’t notice. 

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Closing out halves has been our kryptonite this season. All things considered, a solid half for Texas

7 minutes of Booker and an 8 point lead. I’ll take it. Booker has to be smart and not pick up an early 3rd foul 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the 2nd game in a row where K-State has tried to match our physicality by committing obvious fouls. K-State coach needs to realize you can't foul like this and expect to get away with it. 

His whining has worked 

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Good God, our girls shoot like shit.

This quarter is ragged. Both teams turning it over this crazy. Good timeout by Vic to settle everyone down