2023 Season Thread

BurntOrange&White

I got a csb for y'all.

I graduated with a degree in Geology in 1990. Barely. My last class was field camp - mapping in the southern Rockies near Durango, Co and northern NM where I live now. My only A's in my entire 7 years in college. I was at TLC for 2 years and UT for 5 (on the decade plan but graduated early).

I was in the gym working out last fall. I had my Jackson School of Geosciences hat on. There was a dude in there who saw it, and asked if I knew that the dean of that school had a home in Taos. Nope. 

"Well, she's married to this dude named Pete, who used to live and work in Los Alamos." Well, I've known Pete for over 20 years. I hadn't seen Pete in quite some time.

So damned straight I texted Pete with a quickness. He immediately responded "hey! let's go get a coffee tomorrow!" So we met the next morning at the Coffee Apothecary. Had a great time catching up. And sure enough, he's married to the Dean of the freaking Jackson School.

So they invite me and the hot Mrs. over for dinner in their 150 year old house on the south side of town in an area called Talpa.

It was great. The dean can cook like a mad woman. We knew a bunch of the same folks from Geology as she has been super great friends with a bunch of my professors from back in the day.

Fast forward to this last fall. I was invited and stayed at their house near Mt. Bonnell when I went to my 40th high school reunion in Seguin. Just awesome people. 

So yesterday we all went to the Apothecary for coffee. They went to the Tech game on T+1 and were invited to watch the game in Hartzell's suite. Oysters, shrimp, steak, open bar. I guess a good time was had.

Anyway, the point of the story is the crowd was lit for that whole game. I imagine it was like 1990 UH or something. But the loudest cheer was when Manning went in the game. Pretty cool.

I'm psyched for the future. 

And we'll be going to a game with them next fall. Hope to meet Hartzell and CDC. I'll believe that when I see it.

Hook em y'all.

• Hook 'Em 2

These are the qbs we lost to this year:

Gabriel - 22 years old, made his 43rd career start against Texas

Penix - 23 years old, made his 44th career start against Texas 

I can't help but wonder what this thing looks like if covid doesn't happen the year before Sark takes over.

These are the qbs we lost to this year:
Gabriel - 22 years old, made his 43rd career start against Texas
Penix - 23 years old, made his 44th career start against Texas 
I can't help but wonder what this thing looks like if covid doesn't happen the year before Sark takes over.

Well, off the top of my head Texas has no Sweat, Jones, or Whittington so it’s a two-way street.

Michigan doesn’t look like such a dumpster fire and maybe Worthy sticks with them.

Hell, Tom Herman goes 10-3 and might not get fired.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well, off the top of my head Texas has no Sweat, Jones, or Whittington so it’s a two-way street.

Michigan doesn’t look like such a dumpster fire and maybe Worthy sticks with them.

Hell, Tom Herman goes 10-3 and might not get fired.

Worthy wanted out of Michigan because they wouldn't accept a credit to let him enroll early.