Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Has Tanov been cleared to play? I haven’t seen shit from him

wut? he's been excellent so far. he has a goal and a helper and is +3 in 9 games so far. He also has the highest shooting % on the team (that's a joke, in case you can't tell). he was brought in to play D and shut down the other attack. from my amateur perspective he's done just that so far. him and Esa have been a great shut down pair so far.

anyway, exactly what we needed last night. now do it again tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yea but razor talks to me. I hate it on espn more.

Oh I'm watching it on there. Josh and Razor over ESPN every time. I just hate them. It's the worst. It regularly freezes. It won't stay logged in. It requires a reset to the provider constantly. Of all the apps to watch stuff it's the worst one and it's not even close.

Excuse me it fucking froze again 

46 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Bally’s is the fucking worst. Mind blowing to me that Mark Cuban, a guy that made his billions selling a streaming media platform could get into business with such a shit show. 

I want Wyatt to get 30 goals this season. 

I don't Cuban had a choice -- Bally's bought all the Fox Sports regional networks, which the Stars, Rangers and Mavericks were all part of.

• Rage+1 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:49 PM, markstanco said:

He is -2 the last 5 games. Miro +4, Harley +4, esa -2, nils +1, and Ryan +2.

Just saw this. Only thing that matters at this point (post trade deadline) is wins and loses. Stars are 7-2 since he arrived, pending tonight's outcome.  He great

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Just saw this. Only thing that matters at this point (post trade deadline) is wins and loses. Stars are 7-2 since he arrived, pending tonight's outcome.  He great

Wait, sorry. Only other thing that matters is fantasy and i have Harley and he's tearing it the fuck up right now, so if you're if speaking on that level i get ya. Otherwise it's completely inconsequential

• Like 1

Assuming we hang on to this lead, and you never know with Wedgewood in goal (Otter too, for that matter) and this is what we're looking at standings-wise:

Stars 45-19-9, 99 points (73 games played, 8-2-0 in last 10)

EDIT: Avs 46-21-5, 97 points (72 games played, 9-1-0 in last 10)

Jets 44-22-6, 94 points (72 games played, 4-5-1 in last 10)

Edited by C-Man

26 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

10-2 post Tanev. #1 in the west. We aight

Got 6 points tonight?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Assuming we hang on to this lead, and you never know with Wedgewood in goal (Otter too, for that matter) and this is what we're looking at standings-wise:

Stars 45-19-9, 99 points (73 games played, 8-2-0 in last 10)

Avs 46-20-5, 97 points (71 games played, 9-1-0 in last 10)

Jets 44-22-6, 94 points (72 games played, 4-5-1 in last 10)

Colorado has played 72 games. 

image.thumb.png.3070d56f4c758bf287e50fd1076d6553.png

11 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh I'm watching it on there. Josh and Razor over ESPN every time. I just hate them. It's the worst. It regularly freezes. It won't stay logged in. It requires a reset to the provider constantly. Of all the apps to watch stuff it's the worst one and it's not even close.

Excuse me it fucking froze again 

Is it possibly your internets?  I log in via an Apple TV box, and I have to reset it maybe every 3-4 games because of odd log in issues, but thats it.  I have found if I turn it on pre-game I will know if I need to close the app and re-log in. 

9 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Im salty.

-1 in a 6 goal game last night. 

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:

possibly your internets

If I had similar issues with other streaming services I would think so too, nope just this POS. I think we know why they no longer play the schedule conflict games on the alt channel. Bally's managed to make us hate them even harder by forcing this half-assed attempt at an app. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Not sure who I’d want to see in the first round. 1-8 are all pretty salty. 

Agreed on this 100% although I would probably want to avoid Colorado of all the teams.  But Nashville has been on fire lately and we all know the Knights will end up magically get all of their LTIR players back completely healthy for the playoffs. Maybe all things consider you prefer LA?

Back to the division, I'm not surprised that Winnipeg has fallen off (1 point in last 4 games).  They are wrapping up a brutal stretch just like we went through in February. It started with a back-to-back 3/8-9 and they don't get more than 1 day of rest between games until after 4/1.  I haven't watched any of their games but seems like it is definitely catching up to them.