Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

So we are about 6ish weeks from the trade deadline. Those of you who may know, can and should Murray be moved for futures?

Also I don’t feel like this should be a sell out year for a cup run before the deadline with this current team. 3rd round would make me raise eyebrows.

Stars have done too good of job at drafting to move Murray. If Benn and Segs were still the team, then maybe. But it’s the young guys and the younger guys right now. It’s a good place I think 

But I don’t know shit. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
I don’t known shit.

I was in a video meeting during the game so I got to watch but couldn't say much. That shit was intense! 2-1-1 on a trip is always good

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So we are about 6ish weeks from the trade deadline. Those of you who may know, can and should Murray be moved for futures?

Also I don’t feel like this should be a sell out year for a cup run before the deadline with this current team. 3rd round would make me raise eyebrows.

I don't think it will be Murry as we don't really have an heir apparent to Otter so they need him to cook more, but I can see us making a move this season. I still maintain we need help on D. It could be a 2-player trade like a lower-level winger and d-man (or even two forwards - we're flush and there are players in Austin that could easily play on the 4th line) for top 4 defensemen. If I were Nill I'd go after Chychrun. He's a UFA next season and Ottawa is in the toilet this season. 

26 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Stars have done too good of job at drafting to move Murray. If Benn and Segs were still the team, then maybe. But it’s the young guys and the younger guys right now. It’s a good place I think 

But I don’t know shit. 

nah, you're on the right track. I'd say our weakest position organizationally right now is goalie (I can expound on that more if you like) so I simply don't see us moving Murray or any other goalie in our pipeline. What we do have is a shitload of forwards who are NHL-ready, so I could easily see us moving one or two of them, as I alluded previously. I feel like the Benneguin window has 2-3 more years tops. If they don't win by then, they likely won't. 

Curious who you see with the Texas Stars as NHL ready.  Stankoven is too small and getting punished.  Bourke has flashes, but...

Murray has been shit since he came back from Dallas (some very soft goals including a slapper unobstructed from the red line), Poirier hasn't been any better.  Currently on a six game slide and getting out-physicalled and outskated.  Maybe just in a rough patch, but they can't seem to clear the puck or mount much of offensive zone time lately.

4 hours ago, Catpfish said:

Curious who you see with the Texas Stars as NHL ready.  Stankoven is too small and getting punished.  Bourke has flashes, but...

Murray has been shit since he came back from Dallas (some very soft goals including a slapper unobstructed from the red line), Poirier hasn't been any better.  Currently on a six game slide and getting out-physicalled and outskated.  Maybe just in a rough patch, but they can't seem to clear the puck or mount much of offensive zone time lately.

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Stankoven and Borque are first and second in the AHL in scoring. Stankoven doing it as a 20 year old rookie in the league. 

that about sums it up. i mean, don't take my or F4H's word for it: https://theahl.com/stats/player-stats

I don't know who Tate McRae is, but I'm suddenly a fan