Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Older hockey fans, question.

Does Robertson remind you of teemu selene (sp?) ducks player a while back. No idea why I think of him except soft sniper type of player.

good throwback comparison for sure. I'm not sure who Robo reminds me of. he's kind of a hybrid of a lot of players. He's large(r than people give him credit for), fast, dexterous, and smart. Still stoked he's ours.

• Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone up to Cedar Park twice in 10 days. 

First, Stankoven is fucking tiny.  He'll make Wyatt look like Milan Lucic.  But... he's a fucking stud.   He's fast as shit, but more than that, he's just insanely quick.  And he has IT.  He knows where to go, he knows where the puck's going, and he's really good at finding open space on the ice, which mitigates his tinyness a lot.  When I just watched guys without the puck, he was the guy who just looked different.  Really good wrist shot, too.  

Bourque is slightly bigger, but slower and with less hockey sense.  Not a bad player, but pretty small, and a bottom-6 pest role is probably his NHL best-case.

None of the other guys looked they had futures in the NHL.   Speaking of, Jack Campbell was playing goalie for Bakersfield!

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

This defense is awful. Their shitty team can enter the zone sliding on their ass with nobody challenging if they want.

This applies in Cedar Park also, so frustrating.  Maybe, huge monstrous maybe, Pouliot (already 29 years old) can move up in a spot role, but there is not much there on defense otherwise.  Texas has developed a real penchant for allowing breakaways both at even strength and when on the power play.  I think they've given up 4 shorties in the last 3 weeks. 

As an aside, Riley Tufte (now with the Colorado Eagles) won the AHL fastest slap shot competition and finished second in the accuracy (targets in the goal) contest.   

Man, Otter was nails last night. Good to see that after a meh, injury-riddled first half. I didn't watch much of the All-Star Game but sounds like he was really good in that too so let's hope he's rounding back into what he's been the last few seasons. His backup ain't taking us very deep in the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Man, Otter was nails last night. Good to see that after a meh, injury-riddled first half. I didn't watch much of the All-Star Game but sounds like he was really good in that too so let's hope he's rounding back into what he's been the last few seasons. His backup ain't taking us very deep in the playoffs.

Dahlin was big frustrated a few times.  I thought he was going to Bo Jackson his stick over his helmet after that one save from about 5-8 feet.