What are you doing to prepare for October 4th?

Beau Vine

On 10/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, Chopper said:

What's the over/under on how many "discretely hidden" burner phones are going to get discovered on Wednesday?

On 10/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, HiggyBaby said:

IMG_3815.jpeg

Amish men shunned following emergency alert test that outed them for having cell phones

An ex-Amish TikToker revealed that the national smartphone emergency alert got his friends from the religious community in trouble for having phones. 

Every US smartphone, television and radio received an alert on Wednesday at 2:18pm ET as part of a nationwide test for an emergency alert system.

Unfortunately for three members of the Amish community, the alert also involved a powerful alarm sound that outed them for having modern devices - which go against their beliefs.

Amish beliefs and traditions condemn modern technology and encourage plain clothing. The community is known for not using any modern devices, dressing in old-fashioned clothes, and even opting for a horse and buggy to get around. 

Eli Yoder, a previous member of the Amish community, posted a TikTok to share what happened when the emergency alert revealed the hidden phones of his 'Amish buddies'.

He said: 'Guess what, I just got a couple of my Amish buddies shunned today by the Amish Church.

'Over the few years there’s been quite a few Amish men that reached out and wanted phones, so whenever they request to have a phone I’ll do everything I can to try to get them a phone.

'Not always can I do so, but in some circumstances, I have been able to get them a phone.

'One guy said the elders were coming in his driveway and they were there to speak with him about something that they heard about him, that he might have to get shunned. 

'Right when that was going on, the alert went off and it was in his pocket. Now he’s getting shunned for both. Whatever they were about to shun him for and also the cell phone.'

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Federal Communication Commission (FCC) conducted the drill, which sent a code to smartphones.

'This is a test' flashed across screens as the federal government tests its alert system to ensure it is maintained in the event of a real emergency. 

Televisions and radios across the US also received alerts.

Conspiracy theorists flooded the web leading up to the drilling, claiming the test would trigger a zombie apocalypse by activating nanoparticles in the Covid-19 vaccine.

The planned test was first conducted in 2012 and has since been used around 84,000 times across the US to warn the public about missing children, natural disasters and other emergencies. 

• Haha 2