What are you doing to prepare for October 4th?

Beau Vine

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So the wife wants to go to Sam's Club today, I didn't even consider the possibility that we will see panic buying people in action.  I'll report back later, this ought be fun.   I'll also see if I can't mix in a Mexican alien theory into the conspiracy world's lexicon.  

The fact that October 4th is also National Taco Day along with Mexicans taking our jabs/jobs and all of Texas turning into a zombie dystopia is just too perfect even for this simulation.  Serious question.  I know no actual October 4 conspiracy buff is going to out themselves on here, but statistically speaking-we have to have at least a couple dozen on here.  What do y'all tell yourselves when nothing happens?  Time and time again, your stupidity fails to deliver.  None of what you say ever happens.  Is it like how I feel after I make a vow to eat better or meditate more?  Like when some big milestone date passes, I just kinda "reset" my goals.  And move on like nothing happened.  Or do you get genuinely depressed or legit bummed out?  Do you hit your loved ones outta shame?  Do you buy more ammo?  How does the reset work?  And what's the next big landmark event?  How do you keep the ruse up?  More importantly, how can I make money off of it?  

This nation has just seconds to live...

50 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If this turns into another Y2K nothingburger I'm gonna be pissed.

Whenever these happen from insane religions to insane conspiracy theorists to overly-political relatives to the works of a Mister Ronan Sinatra...I think of Leon on the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode where Larry and his therapist concoct the plan to win over Cheryl's affection by having Larry thwart her therapist's mugging.  Like these doomsday promises, Leon is like, "Yeah, so after that...then I fuck you up."  And Larry and his shrink are like, "No!  No violence, it's all for show."  Leon, "Nah man, that ain't believable.  Somebody getting fucked up.  Otherwise, what's the point?  Somebody has to get their shit fucked up tomorrow.  Or nobody gonna care."  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The fact that October 4th is also National Taco Day along with Mexicans taking our jabs/jobs and all of Texas turning into a zombie dystopia is just too perfect even for this simulation.  Serious question.  I know no actual October 4 conspiracy buff is going to out themselves on here, but statistically speaking-we have to have at least a couple dozen on here.  What do y'all tell yourselves when nothing happens?  Time and time again, your stupidity fails to deliver.  None of what you say ever happens.  Is it like how I feel after I make a vow to eat better or meditate more?  Like when some big milestone date passes, I just kinda "reset" my goals.  And move on like nothing happened.  Or do you get genuinely depressed or legit bummed out?  Do you hit your loved ones outta shame?  Do you buy more ammo?  How does the reset work?  And what's the next big landmark event?  How do you keep the ruse up?  More importantly, how can I make money off of it?  

This nation has just seconds to live...

This is so fucking stupid.

EVERY day is "National Taco Day," because tacos are fucking awesome.  Declaring that it's one day would be like declaring "Today is the day that Sela Ward is hot day."  Fuck that.  She's a babe every day.  And if you don't think so.....man, I can't help ya.

Tacos and Sela Ward.  That's my platform.  No idea what I'm running for, but that's my platform.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

What do y'all tell yourselves when nothing happens?

Check any aggy message boards. See what they say about the outlook of their program. Both are equally unaccepting of reality, so the response is pretty similar. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is so fucking stupid.

EVERY day is "National Taco Day," because tacos are fucking awesome.  Declaring that it's one day would be like declaring "Today is the day that Sela Ward is hot day."  Fuck that.  She's a babe every day.  And if you don't think so.....man, I can't help ya.

Tacos and Sela Ward.  That's my platform.  No idea what I'm running for, but that's my platform.

Damn man.... Now all I can think about is Sela Ward's taco. And Al Pastor. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Sadly, I don't think this has much in the way of legs on most people.  The store was pretty blah, with no one panic buying.  My wife did wonder why I wrapped my phone in tin foil prior and insisted that I walk around the store like that.  I did not explain why until on the way home.  She is accustomed to me doing strange things now and again but does have a good sense of humor.  

I was doing my best to attract wackos, to no avail.  

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Now I'm imagining Sela serving me a post-coital taco. I'll be right ba... nevermind, I'm done. 

Dibs on "post-coital taco" for my Selena Burlesque tribute troupe.  

Yeah, I guess lost in all the political news today was the zombie transformation tomorrow afternoon.  Kind of a bummer.  say what you will about zombies, at least they're relatively quiet.  Was looking forward to all the stupids shutting the fuck up for a day or two.  

1:20-CDT in Austin, the shit goes down.  And what a coincidence, exactly when the U.s. secretary of State-Blinken and former U.S. Ambassador to NATO are both set to take the stage at UT-Austin.  How convenient.  Look, Alls I'm saying is just bE READY! 

For the conspiracy nuts in your life. Make sure they hear about this

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-10-04-23/index.html

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has emphasized the critical nature of testing the siren systems in Russia, following pre-planned tests across the country on Wednesday. 

According to Peskov, such testing is “not only appropriate, it is indispensable.” Drawing a parallel with Japan's regular emergency evacuation exercises due to increased seismic hazards, Peskov said it is necessary to carry out training in other areas as well.

Earlier, Russia's Ministry of Emergency Situations had announced the testing of its public warning system in all regions of the country on Wednesday morning, sounding sirens and interrupting radio and television broadcasts.

The sirens would sound with an announcement, saying, “Attention everyone,” the ministry said, adding that there was no reason to panic during the tests.

Radio and TV broadcasts would also be interrupted for one minute, according to the ministry.

Reports and videos shared on local Telegram channels indicated that sirens were audible Wednesday morning in central Moscow, the Moscow region, and multiple other regions across Russia.

Russia's "Ministry of Emergency Situations"?  Seriously?  Is that a translation error or is that really a thing?  Because that's the most "this is a simulation" thing I'm gonna read today along with learning this morning that the Austin "Birds Aren't Real" van is showing up to Sec of State Blinken's/Ambassador's KBH's talk today about global affairs at exactly 1:20-CDT here in Austin.  This is so fucking bizarre.  

And oh yeah, if anything bad were to actually happen at U.S. Capitol during this mass 5G extermination event, it would be up to the duly elected speaker, not acting pro tem, of the House to initiate security protocols.  But oh wait, we don't have one today.  Best we can do is a bald eagle being operated by a drone pilot hired by Robert Kennedy Jr. and Mamie Eisenhower.

On 10/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, Chopper said:

What's the over/under on how many "discretely hidden" burner phones are going to get discovered on Wednesday?

Hopefully, only the ones for calling your side piece and not one you need for other reasons

3EAAA2AC-77B1-4EB0-8DC7-05340DD01D0D.thumb.jpeg.24ef4f1130622de39cc9a901b30d35d6.jpegB93CCBA2-FAD4-48EE-9555-FA95E9619B9B.thumb.jpeg.fb50b533c7b3150cc5880df97c48e9f6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

I turned all that bullshit off on my phone after that time I had my phone go crazy at like 415am for an Amber Alert in Brownsville or some shit (I am in Ft Worth)

I hope this means my phone is immune. If they are gonna push notifications through even if you have that shit turned off, that is some bullshit.

29 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I turned all that bullshit off on my phone after that time I had my phone go crazy at like 415am for an Amber Alert in Brownsville or some shit (I am in Ft Worth)

I hope this means my phone is immune. If they are gonna push notifications through even if you have that shit turned off, that is some bullshit.

Can't turn this one off unless you turn off your phone.

54 minutes ago, TornACL said:

You are all set.  Feel free to have a nice nap this afternoon.

• Haha 1