Stanford at Colorado, 9:00 on ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

Brief answer: Not enough guys qualify academically, which makes their available player pool very small. That in turn makes their portal use near-zero which is often described as a death knell these days.

Unsubstantiated rumors:  PED's dating back to Harbaugh's tenure (which has presumably stopped)

The counter argument to that has been improved strength and conditioning regimens, cryo beds and whatever scientific crap Stanford could engineer to improve the body's healing and regeneration. I dunno. Maybe that is possible but I'm not really buying it unless there was just an across-the-board misunderstanding of healing and regeneration in the country and Stanford made major breakthrough's of some kind.

Those smart MF’ers engineered the comeback of a lifetime.

revenge of the nerds GIF

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Eh, I don't follow pro football, so I'm kind of immune to the DS hate, but I hope he succeeds.  I could see him building a high flying brand.

Mission Accomplished.  Now he needs to build depth, a running game and some semblance of a defense.  You know, the actual things needed for sustained success at this level.  

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Holy shit. Did not expect to see _that_ when I woke up this morning.

Anybody watch the whole game? Did CU completely implode?

I watched it.  Stanford kept running the same slant to that one receiver - literally 3/4 times in a row - for 8-10 yards/pop.  Colorado has a DB (Stoudemire?) that can't cover anyone, so to change it up Stanford would pick on him.  Colorado made no adjustments on defense.  Early in the 4th quarter Stanford was down 10 and, after a penalty, faced something like 3rd and 18 and got stuffed, but Hunter got (legitimately) flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after overreacting to a Stanford WR blocking downfield - automatic first down and Stanford scored a key TD a few plays later.  Colorado had a chance to ice the game up 3 with 5 minutes left.  They got a few first downs and made Stanford use 2 timeouts.  On 3rd and 3ish near midfield, Sanders absolutely airmailed a wide open Hunter for a gimmie first down, causing them to punt and letting Stanford keep their last time out.

The Sanders kid who is a safety loves to show up his teammates.  He is constantly yelling, pointing, acting exasperated any time a pass is completed on someone.  I bet that goes over well.

Colorado seems like a classic front running team. When things are easy everyone is happy and they can roll.  But if they get punched back they turn selfish, panic, lose focus - their defense couldn't properly substitute the entire second half.  Soooo many flags for illegal substitution.

Edited by someguy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

*cough*:

10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

image.thumb.png.68e31d637a74ad3d7e2e4a8e5bf1b0cb.png\

It was 29-0 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Ayomanor had 0 yards in the 1st half; he finished with 300 yards and 3 TDs.

Stanford lost to Sac State at home. I cannot overemphasize how bad of a team they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Eh, I don't follow pro football, so I'm kind of immune to the DS hate, but I hope he succeeds.  I could see him building a high flying brand.

I disagree because fuck CU.

Let Deion succeed somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, someguy said:

I watched it.  Stanford kept running the same slant to that one receiver - literally 3/4 times in a row - for 8-10 yards/pop.  Colorado has a DB (Stoudemire?) that can't cover anyone, so to change it up Stanford would pick on him.  Colorado made no adjustments on defense.  Early in the 4th quarter Stanford was down 10 and, after a penalty, faced something like 3rd and 18 and got stuffed, but Hunter got (legitimately) flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after overreacting to a Stanford WR blocking downfield - automatic first down and Stanford scored a key TD a few plays later.  Colorado had a chance to ice the game up 3 with 5 minutes left.  They got a few first downs and made Stanford use 2 timeouts.  On 3rd and 3ish near midfield, Sanders absolutely airmailed a wide open Hunter for a gimmie first down, causing them to punt and letting Stanford keep their last time out.

The Sanders kid who is a safety loves to show up his teammates.  He is constantly yelling, pointing, acting exasperated any time a pass is completed on someone.  I bet that goes over well.

Colorado seems like a classic front running team. When things are easy everyone is happy and they can roll.  But if they get punched back they turn selfish, panic, lose focus - their defense couldn't properly substitute the entire second half.  Soooo many flags for illegal substitution.

Yep. how embarrassing. Basically in the second half they did everything wrong that they possibly could do wrong. And all the flexing, strutting, and shit-talking they do really looks great, esp when blowing a 29 point halftime lead to a 1-4 team..

And in the post game presser, he said he didn't remember dad's halftime message because he was "too locked in" iirc. lul.
Locked in on his phone watching sales tally up. I hope every Buff who bought shit at halftime either asks for a refund or does a charge back.
  • Haha 1