Discovered Cord Cutter website - you tell it what channels you want and it tells you the providers and cost for each one

ATXbronco

12 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Remember when they said cord cutting would lead to a la carte pricing and cost savings for consumers?  Lulz.  $70 for 6 channels, plus 40 more channels you don't care about.  This is totally different than cable because it comes through the internet (over cable).

True cord cutter:

hermit-667x1024.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Remember when they said cord cutting would lead to a la carte pricing and cost savings for consumers?  Lulz.  $70 for 6 channels, plus 40 more channels you don't care about.  This is totally different than cable because it comes through the internet (over cable).

after all the analysis I determined it would save me about 40.00 to 45.00 a month but having the box is great for accessing channels quickly during games using favorites on spectrum.  and I get redzone and other channels youtube that aren't in the youtube lineup for the 72.00 price.

22.00 of the 40.00 or so is the BS charge for running the over the air stations on cable.  It really is a horseshit charge that the govt allows the networks to charge the cable company to do that.   

I will probably end up cutting and going to youtube(like the quad channel view for NCAA tourney and Football).

I think if you want the available channels in 4K, such as Fox Sports and ESPN, you need to go with streaming services because Spectrum doesn't have any 4K capable tuner boxes (last I heard).

Just putting that out there because it surprised me to learn when I briefly considered Spectrum awhile back.

There is hardly any 4K content yet, of course.  

after all the analysis I determined it would save me about 40.00 to 45.00 a month but having the box is great for accessing channels quickly during games using favorites on spectrum.  and I get redzone and other channels youtube that aren't in the youtube lineup for the 72.00 price.
22.00 of the 40.00 or so is the BS charge for running the over the air stations on cable.  It really is a horseshit charge that the govt allows the networks to charge the cable company to do that.   
I will probably end up cutting and going to youtube(like the quad channel view for NCAA tourney and Football).

The quad channel view sucks. You don’t choose the games, there’s a row of combination of games that are pre selected by YT that you can choose from. Plus whenever I choose it, it takes forever to load.

Fubo has the best multi grid set up next to the espn app. But fubo doesn’t get tnt/tbs/tru for the ncaa tournament
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Elvis said:

Youtube TV video quality is terrible.  I can't watch it on anything bigger than a 50"  TV.  I won't be using it again next season.

What are you comparing it to?
I'm spending $$ for YTTV 4K simply to watch sports.

Most of the sports that's native 1080P and above look okay.

The only shit I've seen is mostly native 720P from the likes of ABC, CBS & FOX.
Which looks just as crap using rabbit ears.

How can football be such a cash cow but most games are filmed using shit cameras.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, ATXbronco said:

What are you comparing it to?
I'm spending $$ for YTTV 4K simply to watch sports.

Most of the sports that's native 1080P and above look okay.

The only shit I've seen is mostly native 720P from the likes of ABC, CBS & FOX.
Which looks just as crap using rabbit ears.

How can football be such a cash cow but most games are filmed using shit cameras.

Yes, it's disgusting that 720p is still the standard 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:01 PM, bschoolprof said:

Not calling you out specifically, but this is such a dumb complaint. Streaming cable is still just cable. You even note that espn is barely holding them all together. Once they finally move to a subscription model that doesn't require cable, the whole thing will fall apart. 

Legacy media having their content bundled together is not the a la carte people had hoped for but it's still infinitely better than cable. 

• 2 weeks later...