Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

8 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

She’s listed as an infielder. Can she play it decently?  Cause she’s put together and fucking rakes. It’s gonna be hard to keep her out of the lineup. 

She can play, but we have no spot for her. Mitchell and Goode are looking for an IF spot also.

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

She can play, but we have no spot for her. Mitchell and Goode are looking for an IF spot also.

I did some digging and she has never played middle IF, and we are stacked at corner IF right now. Maybe she could get some looks at corner OF.  She can get some more pt when Mitchell graduates next year.  

Don’t look now but Texas is #2 in the nation in HRs. Against a schedule that so far has included UCLA twice, Stanford, Tenn and ULL

Atwood’s 7 have her near the top too

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

I know it's early, but this is clearly the most talented roster, top to bottom, that White has had here, and that includes the 2020 campaign that was cut short.  It's certainly the deepest and most talented roster in the last decade.  

Last year I bitched that we needed a true swing and miss pitcher and more power in the lineup.  The incoming class addressed those issues and then some.  I'm pumped about the potential of this team.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, Kavan is the real deal. 66 pitches to finish off ULL in a full 7 inning game. She’s legit 

Hunter and Stewart are going to own some of the record books offensively at Texas. Same with Atwood.

I’m guessing Stanford is going to see the true ace, Citlaly, tonight 

Shouldn’t there be two errors?  The drop in left field, and throw at 3rd when their batter tried a suicide squeeze, but we threw it away, initially, but the back up threw late and the pitcher missed the tag at home?  To me, that should have been an error.