What is a Christian nationalist?

Boss Hogg

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Non denominational bible church preacher in NC pushing back on some people in his congregation. The winds in these communities shift, and quickly. 

Thank you for posting this. I stopped going to our church and have not been back in a church because I saw how everyone sold out to the orange one. This guy gets it. More pastors need to be seeing this. And they need to be speaking out against the behavior we see by the one Christians seem to be following.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, safe sex said:

You'll notice that when people do speak in tongues, they always (at least English speakers—the only group of tongue-speakers with which I've had interaction) use phonemes that are comprised of Baby's First Vocalizations. Because it's just gibberish, it's hard to improvise sounds that aren't in your native language. No English speaker of tongues is getting real Semitic phonemes out there. Just lots of "sha na na" and "manahaba" like shit. No complex diphthongs or consonant clusters. No uvular fricatives, voiced implosives, or clicks. Just basic baby bitch English nonsense

And often rhythmic 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Non denominational bible church preacher in NC pushing back on some people in his congregation. The winds in these communities shift, and quickly. 

I rarely post anything on Facebook, and I mainly use it to keep up with relatives and real-life acquaintances that I don't see very often.  I have a number of people that constantly bombard me with MAGA Christian Nationalist shit, and I think this is a powerful message for them.  I'm thinking about posting it and seeing how many unfriend me.  Can you embed TikTok into Facebook?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah that video doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies at all. It’s still heavy on the “only one true path” theme, just altered that trump isn’t that path.  But it is only a portion of one sermon, so perhaps I’d get a different impression if I were to listen to all of it and some others as well to get a feel for his message. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, safe sex said:

You'll notice that when people do speak in tongues, they always (at least English speakers—the only group of tongue-speakers with which I've had interaction) use phonemes that are comprised of Baby's First Vocalizations. Because it's just gibberish, it's hard to improvise sounds that aren't in your native language. No English speaker of tongues is getting real Semitic phonemes out there. Just lots of "sha na na" and "manahaba" like shit. No complex diphthongs or consonant clusters. No uvular fricatives, voiced implosives, or clicks. Just basic baby bitch English nonsense

I don’t dispute how it sounds. My first interaction was as a teen and I had no idea what was going on. In college I saw it again, but not so much since then due to going to a Baptist church. I will likely never partake in doing it and I’m cool with that.

I just leave things be with religious beliefs, practices and customs. What a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon or even the Baha’i faith (Rainn Wilson was raised in a house with these beliefs and he’s an incredibly nice person. Met him once and he was so accommodating to random fans coming off the street to take pictures with him.) thinks and does is okay by me so long as it does not hurt or infringe on others who do not believe as they do. It’s the infringing on others that irks me and in the US it feels like most of this behavior comes from the Trumpvangelicals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t dispute how it sounds. My first interaction was as a teen and I had no idea what was going on. In college I saw it again, but not so much since then due to going to a Baptist church. I will likely never partake in doing it and I’m cool with that.

I just leave things be with religious beliefs, practices and customs. What a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon or even the Baha’i faith (Rainn Wilson was raised in a house with these beliefs and he’s an incredibly nice person. Met him once and he was so accommodating to random fans coming off the street to take pictures with him.) thinks and does is okay by me so long as it does not hurt or infringe on others who do not believe as they do. It’s the infringing on others that irks me and in the US it feels like most of this behavior comes from the Trumpvangelicals. 

I think your stance is admirable and one I largely agree with. But the only dickholes speaking in tongues now are Trumpvangelicals and those adjacent to them. It's such obvious claptrap and hokum that is used to further the brainwashing of their adherents and the oppression of their perceived enemies. 

I would similarly call out any other nonsense that was filmed in a government building shortly before the rights of citizens were endangered or removed altogether

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah that video doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies at all. It’s still heavy on the “only one true path” theme, just altered that trump isn’t that path.  But it is only a portion of one sermon, so perhaps I’d get a different impression if I were to listen to all of it and some others as well to get a feel for his message. 

Yeah, I am not really promoting that guy nor his theology. I am fairly certain that we would disagree about most things, but in the context of the Christian nationalism tendencies among in particular the evangelical non-denoms, seems reasonable to amplify some of the voices in that vein that are pushing back. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1