Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

For the record, these are Tech announcers. The main guy has been calling tech football games for decades. They are 100% homers. 

OK. Not listening to them.....plenty of bitching (rightfully) about them today, yesterday and Friday.

Not sure why people don't listen to OUR broadcast (Roger and Keith today) and sync it up with the ESPN video...

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

“A pretty good ride to center” as gaspo jogs in to catch it 

My personal favorite is “brown pokes one into left”. 

Spoiler

It was a HR. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Combination of everything. Poor recruiting from 2020-2022, injuries, portal misses, juco misses, lack of development. 

Everything you look for in a middling program for sure.

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The fucking park is small. That’s why it’s playing small. That’s why tech players all have double digit homers every year. These fucking guys are something else 

Plus they pad their stats by playing law firms....Gardner-Webb.

Just now, troph said:

Everything you look for in a middling program for sure.

I can’t name one quality pitcher we’ve added through the transfer portal since it began. Marcus Olivarez I guess for the 2022 season?

We've been much better with bats. Antico, Messinger, Brown, Guillemette.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I can’t name one quality pitcher we’ve added through the transfer portal since it began. Marcus Olivarez I guess for the 2022 season?

Does Andy McGuire count? He was a really weird situation but turned into a decent closer for us 

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The fucking park is small. That’s why it’s playing small. That’s why tech players all have double digit homers every year. These fucking guys are something else 

"This is not a small ballpark"  facepalm

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tole looked promising when he showed up.  And then???  No idea what happened.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hurt his shoulder and now throws 85. We are good at that.

Seriously this team would look a lot different with even half the pitching injuries.   It makes you wonder if there's a systematic issue or if it's just bum luck.   I do think it should affect how Pierce is evaluated, good or bad.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Seriously this team would look a lot different with even half the pitching injuries.   It makes you wonder if there's a systematic issue or if it's just bum luck.   I do think it should affect how Pierce is evaluated, good or bad.

It seems like this goes back 20 years. Maybe it’s recency bias but I swear damn near every season since 9/11 we’ve had a pitcher with some arm issue. 

So I guess the terrorist won.