2024 NCAA tournament survivor pool

We've done this the last couple of years and it's worked out well. It's definitely a fun wrinkle to a NCAA tournament pool. You pick one team each day of the tournament to win straight-up. If they win, you advance. If you lose, you're out. You can only pick a team once so you may not want to use a #1 seed on the first day. The only exception to the "one pick per day" rule is in the Elite 8 round where you will still have to pick two teams, but you can pick both the Saturday games, both the Sunday games, or one of each.

Last year we had 15 participants and I hope we pass that number this year. Feel free to share this with anyone not on the board.

The pool is at https://www.officefootballpool.com/pools.cfm?poolid=182847&p=2&pwd=p9nrt5.

It's $50 to join, but tournamentpools.com does charge $1/entry, so please send me $51. PM me for paypal or venmo details.

Alright, we've got 19 signed up already. If you haven't payed, don't forget to do that before tomorrow morning. PM me for venmo and paypal info. And if you know of anyone else that wants to participate, send the link. The more the merrier.

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

20 entries now. I've never done a survivor pool so I am interested in discovering how I am fucking this one up.

We definitely have a bigger group than in years past. Now I need to figure out if I should change my strategy of picking a loser on Thursday morning.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PantsTent said:

I know I've had some bad luck with this game, but looking at the history is painful. I've went down Day1 with Kentucky/Saint Pete, and Day2 with Purdue/FDU. 

Pretty sure that's me with Creighton today. Two hours in and I'm motherfucked. I hate March Madness. 

Since it looks like this is going to last until the Elite Eight round, just a reminder on the rule we set up last year. You still need to pick one game Thursday and one game Friday for the Sweet Sixteen round.

If you are still alive after that, you can pick both Elite Eight games on Saturday, both on Sunday, or one on each day. If multiple players go 2-0, they obviously all move on. If a player goes 2-0 and everyone else goes 1-1 or 0-2, the 2-0 player moves on (same if a player goes 1-1 and everyone else goes 0-2). If everyone goes 1-1 or if everyone goes 0-2, they all move on. Long story short, the player (or players) with the most wins after Sunday moves on.

Let me know if you have any questions.  

You should all pick Marquette tomorrow. Stone cold lock. I’m mad I already used them.
Speaking of loco I am highly considering it cause if they win I am going to win this thing with who I would have left lol