The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

Pretty sure I saw that Bourque played last night so not sure if we can read anything into that or not.  Maybe they wouldn't use him in any event but if he would have been pulled that was probably a sign.  Listened to replays of the Deboer and Duchene interviews on the Ticket this AM while walking dog.  They are clearly frustrated.  The general sense (that I agree with for the most part after taking a step back) is that they haven't necessarily played poorly.  They just aren't getting results.   This level of play probably has us up 2-0 against most teams or a split at a minimum.  Advanced stats show both games have pretty much been 50/50 but the Knights are just making one more play that matters.  I think we all felt worse after Weds game mainly because of the way they completely suffocated us down the stretch in the 3rd (and of course the reality of what going down 2-0 means for series changes). It was a masterpiece of a close out.  Just need to somehow get game 3 tomorrow.  

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

Pretty sure I saw that Bourque played last night so not sure if we can read anything into that or not.  Maybe they wouldn't use him in any event but if he would have been pulled that was probably a sign.  Listened to replays of the Deboer and Duchene interviews on the Ticket this AM while walking dog.  They are clearly frustrated.  The general sense (that I agree with for the most part after taking a step back) is that they haven't necessarily played poorly.  They just aren't getting results.   This level of play probably has us up 2-0 against most teams or a split at a minimum.  Advanced stats show both games have pretty much been 50/50 but the Knights are just making one more play that matters.  I think we all felt worse after Weds game mainly because of the way they completely suffocated us down the stretch in the 3rd (and of course the reality of what going down 2-0 means for series changes). It was a masterpiece of a close out.  Just need to somehow get game 3 tomorrow.  

he did, i was at the game. At least the T Stars know how to win a playoff game

Holy shit, Stars fans. This thing isn’t over yet. Have some fucking optimism and confidence in your team. Vegas is tough but Dallas can turn it on. Go win a road game. A couple of fortunate bounces and you can tie this series up. 

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he did, i was at the game. At least the T Stars know how to win a playoff game

I had actually quit going to games or paying attention to them once Stankoven left.  

Holy shit, nearly everyone makes the playoffs now in the AHL!  This is just silly:

brackets24-1024x1004.jpg